test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do I claim deeds for Sword Coast Chronicles?

New player here. I have been trying to claim rewards for deeds to Helm's Hold and Blackdagger Runes. I passed them in my level progression and claimed other deeds. Are the old ones locked? I can't figure out how to go back and claim the deeds. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Go search out the quests you are missing within this zones, may be challenging since sometimes they won't have a quest icon over there heads, but it can be done.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/List_of_quests

You can find your zone and search out the quest givers. Alternatively, you can get people to share the quests with you that the deed requires, which should work but the first method is safer.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • daddydennis#5879 daddydennis Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    pitshade said:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/List_of_quests

You can find your zone and search out the quest givers. Alternatively, you can get people to share the quests with you that the deed requires, which should work but the first method is safer.

I tried to go to the area and seek out the quest givers but they would not give me the quest. How can I get people to share the quests with me? Thanks for your patience with a noob, pitshade.

Go search out the quests you are missing within this zones, may be challenging since sometimes they won't have a quest icon over there heads, but it can be done.

It did not work. I am at a loss. So frustrating.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    As far as the quest givers go, you should be able to still get the quests by following the list in that link in order. When you went to Blackdagger Ruins, you found Seven Toes and talked to him and he had nothing? He should have given you a quest to find a missing Harper, which will take you to the next two quest givers. If he has nothing and you are sure you didn't do the quests, then the only possible way to progress would be to find the exact quests listed under the deed and ask in zone chat for someone who has the quest to help you. You have to group up and then they can open their journal, select the quest and share it with you. That will allow you to get credit for doing the quest with them, or you can leave the party and do it yourself. You'll have to do this with each listed quest, probably they are going to be lair quests.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    pitshade said:

As far as the quest givers go, you should be able to still get the quests by following the list in that link in order. When you went to Blackdagger Ruins, you found Seven Toes and talked to him and he had nothing? He should have given you a quest to find a missing Harper, which will take you to the next two quest givers. If he has nothing and you are sure you didn't do the quests, then the only possible way to progress would be to find the exact quests listed under the deed and ask in zone chat for someone who has the quest to help you. You have to group up and then they can open their journal, select the quest and share it with you. That will allow you to get credit for doing the quest with them, or you can leave the party and do it yourself. You'll have to do this with each listed quest, probably they are going to be lair quests.

Thanks pitshade. I went to all the quest-givers in the zone and none of them has quests for me. The problem is I need those deeds to unlock chat. I can't chat with people until I finish five of the quests. This seems like it is broken or something. very discouraging for a new player.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    Have you looked within the inn in the middle of the map?
    There are also 2 quest givers next to a cart outside of the compound. (Hedgewizard Nottin)
    There is a quest giver next to a cart in the outer compound.

Worst case:
    open your journal and check your history for the missing quest.
    (terrible, terrible! bad designed journal!)

It's a lot of scrolling, reading and searching as the finished quest list does not follow any pattern I could detect.
    It's not like you can "show me all quests I accomplished in Helms Hold".

Ah, well, user interface, who cares as long as the players pay?

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
    It might be easier and less prone to errors to find and talk to
    Alisara Callum
    Brother Satarin
    Brother Theodosian
    Captain Dunfield
    Corlan Graves
    Councilwoman Callum
    Dassar Truebow
    Hedgewizard Nottin

Have you looked within the inn in the middle of the map?
    There are also 2 quest givers next to a cart outside of the compound. (Hedgewizard Nottin)
    There is a quest giver next to a cart in the outer compound.

Worst case:
    open your journal and check your history for the missing quest.
    (terrible, terrible! bad designed journal!)

It's a lot of scrolling, reading and searching as the finished quest list does not follow any pattern I could detect.
    It's not like you can "show me all quests I accomplished in Helms Hold".

Ah, well, user interface, who cares as long as the players pay?

I went there and nothing. It seems like I will need to party with someone who has the quests or something. Thanks for the attempt to help though.
    Try to find the named NPCs above.
    Might you have a quest active and not know it?
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    maybe just in case, talk to Knox, he usaully send you to to meet those specific npc quest starters.

Try to find the named NPCs above.
    Might you have a quest active and not know it?

My quest log is completely empty. I went to look for those NPC, found them and nothing. Very frustrating.