test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please remove "Destroy Enchant" Option

hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
edited March 2017 in Player Feedback (PC)
Moving enchantments is already a PITA, Please remove the option to "Destroy Enchant" option. Why is that even there!?! The last thing I need is to accidently destroy one of my higher enchants. If I want something destroyed (that can be destroyed/discarded) I will drag it off the screen.

TYVM
Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2017
    There's rare times when you cannot remove an enchantment conveniently, like with the unique enchants from the reclaims agent. Furthermore, when I am leveling characters, I slot enchants that drop and I'd rather not waste gold to replace these low-rank enchants, so I use the destroy option to quickly remove and allow me to put in a better enchant. I am sorry you do not have a use for this option. I do and I am sure so do others. So, this option should remain. However, the option should be the bottom-most option.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    zebular said:

There's rare times when you cannot remove an enchantment conveniently, like with the unique enchants from the reclaims agent. So, this option should remain. However, the option should be the bottom-most option.

A rare scenario should not be kept in the system when the result of a more common scenario is to lose something permanently - especially when that something could be worth millions and can't be easily recovered. Fix that rare scenario and remove the discard option. Or, make a trash on a toon so you can recover deleted items for a short period (24 hours?)

My thoughts: Make them attached to the slot and not the gear, with the gear unlocking the slots (you equip unslotted gear, all enchants are disabled, but when you get slotted gear, the slots are enabled). Would reduce the need to move enchants so often.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited March 2017

zebular said:

There's rare times when you cannot remove an enchantment conveniently, like with the unique enchants from the reclaims agent. So, this option should remain. However, the option should be the bottom-most option.

A rare scenario should not be kept in the system when the result of a more common scenario is to lose something permanently - especially when that something could be worth millions and can't be easily recovered. Fix that rare scenario and remove the discard option. Or, make a trash on a toon so you can recover deleted items for a short period (24 hours?)

My thoughts: Make them attached to the slot and not the gear, with the gear unlocking the slots (you equip unslotted gear, all enchants are disabled, but when you get slotted gear, the slots are enabled). Would reduce the need to move enchants so often.
    As I stated in my edited post, it's also used during leveling. It's broke, yeah. Fix it, don't throw it away. By fix it, I mean make it the bottom-most option instead and mayhaps even make the font red.

Too much ease of use things are lost in MMOs because people don't take the time to look at what they're doing. This is one of those things. Yeah, the destroy option is in a very horrible location but still, removing an option because people to do not pay attention to what they're doing is not the right way to "fix" something. Instead, the destroy option should merely be moved to a proper place befitting what it does and, as I said, perhaps even make it stand out more as to what it is doing with some cautionary font coloring.

Your latter thought however is an appealing feature, indeed.
    Post edited by zebular on
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    I get that people should pay more attention. However, this game has made a living off repetitive tasks, to the point that it might need a carpal tunnel warning label ;)

Personally, I do slow waaaay down when moving enchants. I remove enchants when I transmute, when I upgrade, etc, just to be careful.

Moving the discard button down would be welcome
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Moving the discard/destroy button to the bottom would be the best thing to do in this case.

I would also LOVE an option to block the "Finish now" option in professions, many a millions has been lost due to lag and whatnot due to that feature :(
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    If open up the Manage UI and drag/drop the enchant anywhere, it will pop up the unslot menu with no chance to destroy. Just recently found this out after someone mentioned it in chat. You don't even have to have your inventory open - it is impossible to discard like this - the enchant goes into your first available space on a bag.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    I believe the destroy is right under the "manage enchantments" which is my point. I do go slower when removing them. Frankly I don't know why anyone would destroy lesser enchantments as they all are good for refinement. Now that we are removing by gold and not by AD I don't see the problem in removing it.
  • Options
    eltacogrande#4535 eltacogrande Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The discard and destroy option , from stuff you have equipped should be removed from the game, its just a stupid option in the first place and should never have been implemented into the game.
    Post edited by eltacogrande#4535 on
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Least they should do is put the DESTROY CONFIRMATION WINDOW in a very different place than the usual "pay 2 gold to remove".
    Making all the different windows look alike makes it easy to make mistakes.
    I am aware that this could be intentional. A destroyed enchantment wants to be replaced, needing wards to do so.

The same goes for the "how many R5 enchants do you want to discard" looking extremely similar to the "how many R5 enchants do you want to refine". Coincident, sure.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    >><blockquote class="quote" rel="zebular">There's rare times when you cannot remove an enchantment conveniently, like with the unique enchants from the reclaims agent. Furthermore, when I am leveling characters, I slot enchants that drop and I'd rather not waste gold to replace these low-rank enchants, so I use the destroy option to quickly remove and allow me to put in a better enchant. I am sorry you do not have a use for this option. I do and I am sure so do others. So, this option should remain. However, the option should be the bottom-most option.</blockquote>

Gold is the easiest currency in the game to get. You needing to kill a few packs of trash mobs to unslot a garbage enchant you never should've slotted in the first place isn't that big a deal. Even then they could at least remove the destroy option from rank 6 or higher enchants since they're all worth more than the cost to remove them regardless as to what armor you slot them into.
    Post edited by zebular on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Why not just make epic enchants undestroyable..? Or rank10 and above..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    urabask said:

>>There's rare times when you cannot remove an enchantment conveniently, like with the unique enchants from the reclaims agent. Furthermore, when I am leveling characters, I slot enchants that drop and I'd rather not waste gold to replace these low-rank enchants, so I use the destroy option to quickly remove and allow me to put in a better enchant. I am sorry you do not have a use for this option. I do and I am sure so do others. So, this option should remain. However, the option should be the bottom-most option.

Gold is the easiest currency in the game to get. You needing to kill a few packs of trash mobs to unslot a garbage enchant you never should've slotted in the first place isn't that big a deal. Even then they could at least remove the destroy option from rank 6 or higher enchants since they're all worth more than the cost to remove them regardless as to what armor you slot them into.

For leveling characters and new players without established mains, gold can be scarce. Just because you have plenty of gold, doesn't mean everyone does. I know I only keep plenty of gold on my mains.
    jonkoca said:

Why not just make epic enchants undestroyable..? Or rank10 and above..?

Yeah, I really don't see a reason that R5+ should have a destroy option. Still, the choice should be there, just not in an awkward spot on the list.

• Options
    Sub 70 you don't even need to slot enchants. By the time you do, no enchant you're going to use is worth less than the cost to unslot it. And no matter how strapped you are for gold you can just go kill some trash mobs and vendor all the drops. Heck, Cryptic has data on this and I would be willing to bet the destroy option is almost never used.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    If I accidently destroyed a rank 3 or 4 it'd be no big deal, but when people can lose Transcendent's, that's the problem. Gold is easy to come by, I never had an issue obtaining gold and never ran out of it. I merely pick up everything when leveling and sold it. Just one guys perspective.

I still don't understand why anyone would destroy any enchant below 4 as they all refine and most can be stacked and sold for AD, not to mention they can be given to your other toons. Besides, the lower the enchant the lower the cost to remove it, aren't we talking copper and silver to remove R3-5's? as opposed to possibly losing a 8,000,000 AD Trans Dread !?!
  • Options
    Afaik it's based on the ilvl of the equipment you're removing it from. So even blue lvl 70 junk gear is 1.5 gold to remove a rank 5.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Gold cost to remove is based on the level of the item that the enchant is slotted into, IIRC.

The Manage Item Enchantments is in the middle of the menu, Destroy is at the very bottom. There really shouldn't be an issue there using the method I detailed.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    hudman21 said:

Besides, the lower the enchant the lower the cost to remove it, aren't we talking copper and silver to remove R3-5's? as opposed to possibly losing a 8,000,000 AD Trans Dread !?!

Common misconception. The gold it costs to remove an enchant is based on the item the enchant is slotted in. It costs 3.5 gold, iirc, to remove any enchant from a legendary item.

Removing any enchant from lowbie green armor actually cost less than what I'd get for vendoring the armor afterwards, back when I was testing this system.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    fizgigtiznalkie#4436 fizgigtiznalkie Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    Becky is correct, I have the heirloom pack and get slots early on alts, I was worried unslotting a rank 7 would be 1.5g and it was like a couple silver.
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    Still while your leveling if you don't want to pay gold to remove the item you can just sell the item with the enchant in it. The gear changes so fast anyways... still I think the destroy option likely not the best to have regardless where it is. I think just have disband something in inventory is adequate.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    At the very least the destroy option should be removed from enchantments of rank 7 and above.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    pitshade said:

If open up the Manage UI and drag/drop the enchant anywhere, it will pop up the unslot menu with no chance to destroy. Just recently found this out after someone mentioned it in chat. You don't even have to have your inventory open - it is impossible to discard like this - the enchant goes into your first available space on a bag.

Work like a charm. Quite secure. Thank you!
    Now all I have to do is remember it, which hard, considering all the time I got hit by Orcus on the head!

Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    xxxhansolxxxxxxhansolxxx Member Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I use the Destroy Enchantments button pretty much everyday ... I wont pay Gold to unslot half used slayer or Ward overload when I want to slot a new one in ...
  • Options
    safespacecadet#3341 safespacecadet Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    What would be the fun in not being able to accidentally destroy a rank 12 enchantment? I've never destroyed an enchantment, but maybe I'll want to try it in the future and see how I like it. I have accidentally throne away stuff I meant to refine before though. That was a blast. If you don't want to do the wrong thing, pay attention. Or don't. Not like I care.
  • Options
    jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I agree with some here - adjust but don't throw away. Far too often has Cryptic thrown away things to never return.
    - Dungeons (Idris?)
    - Gateway
  • Options
    lightaven#8333 lightaven Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I sometimes use the destroy button on AP or stamina wards in order to reslot new ones for pvp due to timers running out in the middle of matches; however, I have a much greater fear of destroying enchants erroneously.

I suggest moving the destroy option to the bottom of menus and putting destroyed items in a buy back section of npc vendors with a 24 hour timer. Worked well in other games.