What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloaked Ascendancy Owlbear Patch Notes: NW.75.20170306d.8

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
This is on the Owlbear shard.

Release Notes

Content and Environment
River District
  • In Kabal's demiplane, certain fire jet sources can no longer be incidentally damaged.

Combat and Powers
Classes and Balance
  • Devoted Cleric: Divine Glow: The damage dealt by this power has been increased by 30%.
  • Devoted Cleric: Lance of Faith: The tooltip for this power now accurately reflects its updated functionality.
  • Devoted Cleric: Prophecy of Doom: This power now takes its own damage taken debuff into account when dealing damage upon expiration.
  • Oathbound Paladin: Divine Call no longer reflects damage from other Reflect tagged powers.

Items and Economy
General
  • Cloaked Ascendancy Portal Stones no longer incorrectly have an expiration time.

Localization
General
  • Several localization fixes have been made to text in the French and Russian languages.

High-priority player reports still undergoing investigation - Fixes to these will not go live this week.
  • Watler companion at Uncommon quality does not properly grant bonus Adventurer's Accreditation.
  • Heroic Feats of Heroism are blank.
  • River District dig sites becoming locked out for significantly longer than an hour.
  • River District A-rank Heroic Encounters become stuck in Reinforcement phase.
Mid-priority player reports under review - These I haven't discussed directly with team members, so I do not know whether we plan to change these in a fix build.
  • More Profession resources exist than slots in the Resource bag.
  • Ornately Carved Boxes only stack to 5.
  • River District campaign has no sink for excess currency. (Not likely to be fixed before M11b release.)
Note: I know there's a lot more feedback that's come in from these threads. The above two are the ones I've taken as high priority issues from the community, new to this module (or exposed by the second run of this version of Day of the Dungeon Master). We're still listening to and acting on your other feedback.

EDIT: More "undergoing investigation" entries added.
Post edited by terramak on

Comments

• llorissellorisse Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Oathbound Paladin: Divine Call no longer reflects damage from other Reflect tagged powers.

i LOVE YOU ALL
  • darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    terramak said:

do you have a current version that I can reference?

I haven't had the time recently to test the DC stuff on preview/owlbear, but as of the live version, these are still/now happening last I checked.

@dreadnaught#5263 @terramak @mimicking#6533

(severe bugs)
    #1 Repurpose Soul still does not proc on some powers
       http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229334/repurpose-soul-doesnt-proc
    #2 Prophecy of Doom does not recharge when an enemy is killed during the debuff by a damage source other than prophecy of doom itself. This was stated in the patch notes as fixed, but never actually got fixed.
    #3 Punishing Light only procs weapon enchants on the first 2 hits.
    #4 Damaging Weapon Enchants that can crit overwrite the repurpose soul feat.
       http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229327/weapon-enchants-overwriting-repurpose-soul/p1
    #5 Chains failing to proc on some targets. Happens most commonly on stationary targets (such as dummies) when hitting them repeatedly for long periods of time
       http://plays.tv/video/58c8afee4082cdfe6b/inactive-chains-bug
    #6 Prophecy of Doom has its cooldown refreshed twice if the damaging effect of the power kills a target.
       http://plays.tv/video/58cb4361eabc87a4cd/prophecy-of-doom-is-buggy

(minor bugs)
    #7 Prophetic Action works, but is not put into the log properly (damage entry after the absorb displays the full unmitigated damage)
    #8 Prophecy of Doom debuff animation does not tick down at the correct rate when empowered (vfx only)
    #9 Hammer of Fate adds a strange "deals 1000 Action Points to you." log entry
    #10 The animation for normal/empowered Searing Light does not match the damage timing of the power, and in general looks incorrect when compared to the divinity mode version of the power.
       http://plays.tv/video/58c897ca915c0bc68f/searing-light-rank-1-
    #11 Some Divinity Mode powers are logged as "<Power Name> - Divinity" while others are logged identically to the normal mode power. It is unclear which is intended, but the inconsistency is an issue. I would prefer all divinity mode powers be suffixed with "divinity" in the log.
    #12 The Divinity Mode tooltip damage for Sunburst is effected by healing bonus, and is otherwise inaccurate.
    #13 The Divinity Mode tooltip damage for Searing Light does not exist.

(possibly not working as intended)
    #14 Living Fire is completely lost when used with a Soulforged Enchantment, since the buff is lost on death.
       http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229328/living-fire
    #15 Hammer of Fate procs weapon enchants only two times
       http://plays.tv/video/58c8c9e82f6f9c27e1/hammer-of-fate-rank-1-
    #16 Damage in everfrost zones counts as 2 hits against AA orbs
    #17 Divinity Mode Searing Light procs weapon enchants twice on targets hit by the primary beam
       http://plays.tv/video/58c892502fb4de482b/searing-light-divinity-rank-1-

(thoughts/feedback)
    #1 Divinity Mode Prophecy of Doom does nothing other than damage, is single target, slow to cast, and does less damage than every other ability the cleric has even with the double damage effect applied. As a purely damaging ability, it has no purpose with a base damage this low, and a cast time this high.
       http://plays.tv/video/58c8bc7081a996d75e/prophecy-of-doom-divinity-rank-1-
    #2 Living Fire was redesigned to be more useful once it procs, and to fix the buggy piercing damage, but was made more difficult to proc, since it no longer synergizes with soulforged, or with builds that attempt to remain at low HP using the Survivor's Wraps. It is difficult to reach less than 30% hit points in end-game content and survive. Unless it can be used consistently with specific builds (soulforged+survivor's wraps), the feat remains useless.
    #3 Warding Flare was a definite improvement, but given the cooldown, short duration, and shield amount; Astral Shield still beats it in every aspect. There is still no reason to slot it instead of Astral Shield. I like the concept, but the cooldown is unreasonable.
    #4 I like the new cooldown on Hallowed Ground. It seems to serve its purpose well.
    #5 I like the changes to Terrifying Insight. They are less broken than I originally thought, although it is still likely one of the most powerful class features in the game now, so it has become hard to swap out. Less of an option, and more of a requirement. However, it is the only thing keeping Divine Oracle viable, so without other changes it probably needs to remain this strong. The two cleric paragons are more balanced than I have ever seen them, so I am quite pleased.
    Post edited by darthtzarr on

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    terramak said:

@adinosii - I've added in most of the reports you've diligently added to these threads in the past. Thanks for your persistence and patience.

Thank you. I appreciate the feedback that you are aware of the issues. They are not showstoppers as such - there are workarounds:

River District dig sites becoming locked out for significantly longer than an hour. Workaraound: Party with someone who is not locked out, go in with them and complete the digsite - after the 1-hour lockout passes, it will unlock and stay unlocked.

River District A-rank Heroic Encounters become stuck in Reinforcement phase. Workaround: Ignore those HEs and just focus on the Treasure ship. This issue seems to happen most often when the number of people doing the HE is large - maybe it has something to do with the speed they get killed, or perhaps if a ranged player pulls some of the mobs out of the HE area before entering it himself?

More Profession resources exist than slots in the Resource bag. Workaround: Mail little-used resources to alts.

Ornately Carved Boxes only stack to 5. Workaround: Have a "mule" alt carry them for you.

River District campaign has no sink for excess currency. (Not likely to be fixed before M11b release.). For now, this is not a major issue, as people can use Abandoned Treasures for keys or Voninblod. My concern is rather there is nothing to really encourage people to come back to the campaign after finishing it, for example to do the weekly quest. I do that for most of the other campaigns, either to get enchants or currencies I can donate to the guild. Maybe that would be the cleanest solution, Allow exchanging Arcanic Focus and Arcane Magical Writings for a stronghold voucher of some kind?
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    terramak said:

• Devoted Cleric: Divine Glow: The damage dealt by this power has been increased by 30%.
    @terramak can you take a look at the following thread? It looks like the updated damage for DG has instead caused the damage to be reduced by 10% instead of increased by 30%.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1229716/divine-glow-decreased
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    The fix to the Heroic Feats of Heroism is on the live shards as of a couple hours ago. (It was not applied to Preview.)

@dupeks - Thanks for the report - that's baffling! I'm not the most familiar with how our powers system works, but I'm looking at that specific change and it's clearly got a 30% increase to its damage coefficient. I wonder if there's inverted math somewhere. I checked for other changes in the build that could hypothetically affect that, and didn't identify anything clear. Weird, I'll bug someone who knows more about the system than I do.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    @asterdahl or @terramak

Bugs: Tooltips etc.
    1. CW: The tooltip for the minimum value of Scorching Burst is incorrect.
    2. CW: The tooltip for disintegrate is incorrect, the way it works is it adds (2.6+Rank*0.4)*Weapon Damage off tab and (4.6+Rank*0.4)*Weapon Damage on tab. That extra value is not modified by the 1.15 rank bonus and is the damage dealt when the target is on low enough HP. It is modified by buffs however. It is worth noting it is supposed to be 4.8 and 2.8 and not 2.6 and 4.6. The way it should work is it should count only the Initial Hit of Disintegrate and not the special hit, since at no stage do those 2 hits damage add together.
    3. CW: If storm spell procs off an entity, it does not have Level Based Weapon Damage.
    4. DC: The tooltip for bastion of health counts 3x the initial heal and 6x the HoT, instead of 1x the initial heal and 6x the HoT.
    5. DC: The tooltip for Healing Word counts 3x the initial heal and 6x the HoT. It should count 1x the initial heal and 6x the HoT.
    6. GWF: The Level Based Weapon Damage for Indomitable Strength and Hidden Daggers is 207.572 for some reason. This is not consistent with other GWF skills.
    7. GWF: I can only get Come and Get It to deal damage from Punishing Charge.
    8. HR: Bear Trap uses 144.425 for Level Based Weapon Damage despite being a Melee Power.
    9. HR: Aimed Shot and Thorn Ward use 86.655 for Level Based Weapon Damage despite being ranged powers.
    10. HR: Cold Steel Hurricane deals ~14% less damage than the tooltip.
    11. HR: Cordon of Arrows and Plant Growth have a rank 0, unlike other skills. What this means is if you start at 0 points, allocating 1 point adds 20% more damage instead of increasing the damage multiplier from 0.8-1.
    12. HR: Plant Growth ticks 4 times however the tooltip calculates for 5 ticks.
    13. OP: Valorous Strike and Oath Strike Deal 20% more damage than the tooltip states.
    14. OP: Cleansing Touch Heals for 8.6% more than the tooltip states.
    15. OP: Cure Wounds, Aura of Divinity, Aura of Radiance, Sacred Weapon for Devotion, Relentless Avenger for Devotion, Cleansing Touch for Devotion, Vow of Enmity and Burning Light all have no tooltip ranges, I suppose this is probably for the best.
    16. OP: The damage bonus for Smite also increases the heal component.
    17. SW: The damage bonus for Accursed Souls also boosts the heal component.
    18. SW: Tab Curse Boosts Curse Bite's damage by 30%, not 20%.
    19. SW: The Soul Link component of Warlock's Bargain deals a hidden tick of damage which does not scale with Rank.
    20. SW: The heal component of the Soul Link from Warlock's Bargain scales incorrectly and gains 65% healing at rank 2, a further 75% healing at rank 3 and another 85% healing at rank 4, for a total multiplier of 3.25.
    21. SW: The maximum value for the tooltip of Killing Flames is incorrect.
    22. TR: Smoke Bomb has a damage range with fixed damage weapons.
    23. TR: The tooltip for the extra damage on Gloaming Cut as the target's HP diminishes is wrong. It actually starts at 5% and gains 20% per rank, rather than starting at 20% and gaining 5% per rank.
  • michela123michela123 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    @terramak This bug is really frustrating. If two players attack the same target using Plague Fire of different ranks (for example one player has Trans Plague Fire and the other Pure Plague Fire) they cancel each other debuffs. It was reported here.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

TR: The tooltip for the extra damage on Gloaming Cut as the target's HP diminishes is wrong. It actually starts at 5% and gains 20% per rank, rather than starting at 20% and gaining 5% per rank.

Owh gawd, no wonder it hit like a truck back when we were doing perma PvE builds in mod 3.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    [rant below!]

Ok, glad some bugs are sorted out, etc. But man, every time i read devs posts, i have a sensation that they DON'T READ THEIR FORUMS too often. I've seen hundreds of reports, many were reported dozens of times. Then, after 25 reports, a dev respond to 26th, month later: "Thanks, we will look at it". The HAMSTER? It's very frustrating that, i repeat, hundreds of ppl trying to HELP YOU TO SOLVE YOUR BUGS, but most of the time, and again, this is what i feel, most of the time these posts are IGNORED FOR A LONG TIME!!! Guys (devs), you have a "Bugs" section on the forum, take a look at them more frequently, please. I understand that feedback subforum might be a bit too much for you and some suggestions are definitely a no-go, but a "bugs" section is a must read every day. Some of the reports could be "false-positive" ones because of player fault, not need to check all things the same day, but at least taking it into account. And AT LEAST once a week, make some sort of summary of reported bugs, which can be solved with time, which needs more info from players, etc. We WANT help you!

Back on topic (with rant again): i can't believe Resist the Rituals and Secure the District is not in your high-priority list. OMG! So, like we hadn't enough grind, this time is a TOTAL WIPE of currency (resistance and security) instead of using only 100 :o Man, i see you ROFLMAO there in Cr*ptic studios watching how ppl grind for hours and then lose everything they have grinded. C'mon! If it's WAI, then say that: "We think you don't have enough grind, so it's WAI. Go grind more and stop whining".

Same for permalocked dig sites: if you don't know how to solve it yet, put a note in your patch notes, some already found a 100% working solution (enter a locked digsite in party) so at least ppl will stop posting this bug again and again.

Improve your communication with users, please.
  • bullrathbullrath Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    is this pacth live yet ? also the new pacth for the paladins Divne Call dose it fix the Aura of Courage bug in PvP where it damage loops and kills you and anyone on your team around you ?
    edited March 2017
    @bullrath - Yep, this patch is on the live shard. If the Aura of Courage bug you're referring to was initiated by Divine Call, it *should* be fixed, but I don't know enough about the one you're mentioning to be certain.

@sobac - I hear you, and I feel like I personally need to take more time to review the bug reports forums and signal boost anything that needs immediate attention, but we also have others doing this as well. Not everyone's comfortable responding to threads publicly, and there will always be things we miss, but we're doing what we can and seeing where we can improve.

Could you help me by clarifying the high-priority issues in your post? I think I can guess, but it's difficult to be sure I understand, as the issue you're reporting is kind of buried in that second paragraph. Is this the issue?
    When completing the "Resist the Rituals" and "Secure the District" campaign tasks, all of the progress required to complete them is removed, rather than just the value they require.

If that's the issue, it's currently in our internal bug tracking system. I do not yet know whether it's as designed, will be fixed, or if it is too difficult to fix based on how it's set up.
    edited March 2017
    @darthtzarr - Here's confirmation that I've sent this list out to the team, with focus on what you mentioned was high priority.

@thefabricant - Also confirming that I've sent this list along. I've marked the following issues as higher-priority for review:
    • GWF: Come and Get It only deals damage from Punishing Charge
    • HR: Cold Steel Hurricane deals 14% less damage than tooltip indicates
    • TR: Gloaming Cut base & rank damage swapped
    And incorporated @defiantone99 's comment about potential loss of viability for the TR issue. Please let me know if other issues in your list are particularly disruptive to the gameplay or make for a significantly less fun experience.
    (Also note that I used your reports verbatim from your post when forwarding to the team, as the summaries I stated above are only useful for cross-referencing to your post; mine don't have enough detail for a legit report.)

(I usually don't give prioritization details, and I can't promise that what I've said is hi-pri will be viewed as such by the rest of the team, but I'd like to be clear that I understand how you feel about severity of the issues you're reporting.)
    edited April 2017
    terramak said:

@darthtzarr - Here's confirmation that I've sent this list out to the team, with focus on what you mentioned was high priority.

@thefabricant - Also confirming that I've sent this list along. I've marked the following issues as higher-priority for review:

• GWF: Come and Get It only deals damage from Punishing Charge
    • HR: Cold Steel Hurricane deals 14% less damage than tooltip indicates
    • TR: Gloaming Cut base & rank damage swapped
    And incorporated @defiantone99 's comment about potential loss of viability for the TR issue. Please let me know if other issues in your list are particularly disruptive to the gameplay or make for a significantly less fun experience.
    (Also note that I used your reports verbatim from your post when forwarding to the team, as the summaries I stated above are only useful for cross-referencing to your post; mine don't have enough detail for a legit report.)

(I usually don't give prioritization details, and I can't promise that what I've said is hi-pri will be viewed as such by the rest of the team, but I'd like to be clear that I understand how you feel about severity of the issues you're reporting.)
    Thanks a ton. As far as things in my list that I think could be high priority and are currently very unfun, I do not consider Living Fire to be WAI due to the issue I listed.

The previous use-case was when you died from a soulforge, you then had a very short window to try and use the extra proc to lifesteal back to above 30% hit points. The overall damage of the feat in a dungeon was 0%, and generally procced around 4-8 times in an entire dungeon, all of which were from soulforging, and then getting a couple powers off before lifesteal kicked in.

After the changes, it never procs without either intentionally face-tanking in lower tier dungeons (hoping they don't kill you, but still do enough damage to drop you below 30% health), or use a low lifesteal build with Survivor's Wraps, and hope your healer understands what "don't heal me" means. It seems to be somewhat assumed that the feat should be used when you start taking damage, but sadly this isn't even remotely realistic when most enemies will one-shot you in end-game content, or otherwise kill you very rapidly, since they were capable of overcoming your self healing.

To fix the inability to proc the feat, the buff should not be removed on death. Obviously there is a small chance that you could die, get revived, and keep a couple seconds of the buff. This is very minor. Even if this was a major issue, the feat should not be lost when soulforging. It is nearly useless without the synergy with soulforged.

If you were to make the feat far more user-friendly, or even fun to use, these would be great alternatives to the current feat, even if the numbers were lowered considerably, at least it could be used:

#1 deal 15% more damage, but take 15% more damage
    #2 after healing an ally, your next damage over time spell will cause the target to burn for 100% of the amount healed over 5 seconds.
    #3 gain 20% increased chance to lifesteal while below 30% health. Your lifesteal heals nearby allies while you are below 30% health.
    #4 deal 20% more damage based on the percentage of health you are missing
    #5 when you take more than 15% of your health in damage in a single hit, you deal 25% more damage for 8 seconds. This buff is not lost on death.
    #6 You deal damage equal to 100% of your missing hit points to all enemies within 25 feet of you every second.

The main issue here is that it's a T3 feat that never procs, and cannot be controlled to proc consistently in end-game content, and although the buff was made made a lot better, it was made even harder to proc.

I personally would be very happy if the feat were changed to a percentage increase in damage based on your percentage of missing health. This way you could easily use the survivor's wraps and gain a few percentage points of bonus damage every once in awhile even with a good healer in the group. It would be better than a feat that never procs.

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @darthtzarr seems to me that you are trying to get the healer to be a DPS class with all these damage buffs.
    vida44 said:

@darthtzarr seems to me that you are trying to get the healer to be a DPS class with all these damage buffs.

Actually, I was firmly opposed to the damage increases added recently. I just would like to see the only reworked feat reworked to be useful, not more useless.

• kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    @terramak

I like to add HR cordon of arrow still doesnt crit at long range despite having 100% crit stat.
  • sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    terramak said:

@sobac - I hear you, and I feel like I personally need to take more time to review the bug reports forums and signal boost anything that needs immediate attention, but we also have others doing this as well. Not everyone's comfortable responding to threads publicly, and there will always be things we miss, but we're doing what we can and seeing where we can improve.

Could you help me by clarifying the high-priority issues in your post? I think I can guess, but it's difficult to be sure I understand, as the issue you're reporting is kind of buried in that second paragraph. Is this the issue?
    When completing the "Resist the Rituals" and "Secure the District" campaign tasks, all of the progress required to complete them is removed, rather than just the value they require.

If that's the issue, it's currently in our internal bug tracking system. I do not yet know whether it's as designed, will be fixed, or if it is too difficult to fix based on how it's set up.

@terramak
    Thanks for the reply.
    I know you have thousands of things to do, no need to reply to all posts instantly :) Just do some sort of recap every day or even week, mentioning reported things, etc, one reply per thread.

As for the bug - yes, it's like you described and i'm glad you already know about it. Would be awesome to have access to that bug tracking system, instead of posting bugs here on forum then you copying them to your tracking system, etc.

As some mentioned encounter bugs, add Throw Caution HR bug I describe here (btw, wish i could link you ONLY the post i want, be it mine or any other person, like post filter, you know)

As for Kessel/Shores question i asked here (thread closed now) and you replied just after my post - yes, i was asking for a change mainly because Kessel and Shores gives you a skirmish AD reward, so just move them to Skirmish category without any internal change (and yes, as others mentioned in that thread, these two are fast, so no need to make them dungeons to get more AD, nor any other changes)

Thanks.
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    terramak said:

High-priority player reports still undergoing investigation - Fixes to these will not go live this week.

• Watler companion at Uncommon quality does not properly grant bonus Adventurer's Accreditation.
    The green quality Watler was fixed on live?

EDIT: I didn't noticed the "will not go live", sorry. BTW, hope it get fixed soon.

Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • lightaven#8333 lightaven Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    @terramak

Hi, terramak.

The primary problem with Divine Call causing a reflection loop is fixed; however, the secondary problem with the bug is that Aura of Courage and Sacred Weapon (and weapon enchants) is being applied to every damage proc reflected back to the paladin and teammates.

Aura of Courage, Sacred Weapon, and weapon enchants should only be applied to at-wills or encounters made by paladins and allies. Enemies shouldn't benefit from those powers, let alone a simple reflected damage gaining those properties.
This discussion has been closed.