What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cloaked Ascendancy Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170306d.7

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Release Notes

Content and Environment
River District
  • Certain voice-over audio for Kavatos has been corrected.
Skirmish: Illusionist's Gambit
  • The mimic swarm has been replaced by a goblin swarm, as unfortunately, the mimics had found a way to devour many players' framerate.
General
  • The frenzied cry of "Look out, a dracolich!" has been removed from the first cutscene after creating a new character.
  • Various missing voice-over audio for Knox and Hawthidon in the beginning of the game has been addressed.

Items and Economy
Reward Claims Agent
  • Several issues where players redeemed codes via the Arc website, but could not claim their items from the Reward Claims Agent, have been resolved. Please continue to let us know if you run into further issues!
  • The Hunter Ranger Booster Pack can once again properly be reclaimed from the Reward Claims Agent.
  • (Preview Only) Respec and Race Reroll tokens can now be "purchased" on public test shards for 0 Zen. (There is no confirmation audio, but it's going through.)

Performance and Stability
General
  • A client crash when logging out or being disconnected with the Powers or Feats window open has been addressed.
  • A map-wide crash issue has been addressed. (This was hotfixed, and is now properly in the build.)

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Is this going live tomorrow?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    I can neither confirm nor deny that this is totally going live tomorrow.

(Okay, yeah, it is, assuming nothing catches on fire.)
  • Options
    fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    @terramak please, fix the game crash when use shadows, i used to play in full graphics, but now, if i turn on the shadows, the game crash (some times blue screen windows or directx error). I open a ticket but, sorry, they dont resolved my problem and ask to me stupid things, like run the game in "safe mode"....man, if the problem ocurrs only on shadow, they ask me to run in safe mode???? =(. sorry my bad english.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Riiiight. Now, regarding the M11 issues I was complaining about in the previous patch notes

The Arcanic Focus issue is solved, as far as I am concerned. I'm happy with the solution. The perma lock-out of the Dig sites issue is still present, but there is a simple trick to unlock them, so this is not a major issue.

That leaves two issues: Ornately carved boxes stacking only to 5 This is pretty annoying when you have 50+ of those. Any chance of getting them to stack to 99? Then there is the HE bug-out.. I have completely given up on doing any of the big HEs other than the Treasure ship - the others fail too frequently, stuck in the middle of the reinforcement phase.

Finally, profession resources. The number of different resources has been increased (in Mod10 and Mod 11), but the number of profession resource slots has not. Weird things happen when you get a new resource and no slots are available for it. Please consider giving us a few more slots - we will really need them if Mod 11-B brings any new resources.

Speaking of Mod 11-B, I know you cannot comment on it or the schedule, but I am going to make a prediction nevertheless - it will be released April 18th or 25th. The 18th is after the 2xRP weekend when most people who went for the M11 weapons will be getting them to legendary status, and will have finished the M11 campaign. I don't expect to see M11-B before that date.

By the 25th, practically everyone will have finished M11 and some people will be getting bored and looking for something new - I would not want to see M11-B delayed much more than that.

I consider the M11 campaign flawed in the sense that there is nothing to encourage people to come back to it after they have completed it. By comparison, I go regularly to Dread Ring (chance of greater marks), Sharandar (Fey Blessing enchants), ToD (Dragon Hoard Enchants) and IWS (Frozen Treasures voucher for the guild). Even Underdark and Maze engine have something to encourage me to come back. But M11? No...sorry. When I'm done with it, I'm done - well, apart from the Arcane key, but it seems that the chest rewards are not that interesting so I'll probably not do that often. I hope M11-B does not have this issue.

Edit: Revised prediction:

I had not looked at the calendar before I made the prediction above, but when I did, it became clear I was off by a week .... there is no way Mod 11-B will go live until after the Portobello event is finished, so April 18th is out.

So, there is a chance the release date will be April 25th, but considering what the calendar looks like, May 2nd is even more likely....so that's my current prediction. (And yes, I know you cannot comment on it)
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    adinosii said:

I consider the M11 campaign flawed in the sense that there is nothing to encourage people to come back to it after they have completed it. By comparison, I go regularly to Dread Ring (chance of greater marks), Sharandar (Fey Blessing enchants), ToD (Dragon Hoard Enchants) and IWS (Frozen Treasures voucher for the guild). Even Underdark and Maze engine have something to encourage me to come back. But M11? No...sorry. When I'm done with it, I'm done - well, apart from the Arcane key, but it seems that the chest rewards are not that interesting so I'll probably not do that often. I hope M11-B does not have this issue.

As much as I agree with you, I also disagree somewhat. As long as Cryptic continues to release content when I reach the end of the current content (or at least soon-ish after [1-2 months is fine]), I don't mind having no reason to return to a zone. Yes, it would be nice to have a repeatable task for some rewards, but in the end, it just adds to the daily grind. The amount of time required to finish ALL the dailies in the game is quite excessive.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I have a question. If you do spellplague and get unrestored relic gear do you still have to do FBI to get ostorian resin to restore the gear? I haven't unlocked SP but I'm working on it. Also- Have you guys considered giving a better RP reward than blood rubies for Kavatos's weekly quest reward in PE. Doing Spellplague, FBI, MSVA and EDEMO feels like it would need a better item or brill diamond to make it worthwhile or give incentive to people that actually do these things. Just a thought. You can get Blood Rubies like candy from Fishing Maps and anybody can do that.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

I don't mind having no reason to return to a zone. Yes, it would be nice to have a repeatable task for some rewards, but in the end, it just adds to the daily grind. The amount of time required to finish ALL the dailies in the game is quite excessive.

Ah, but you see - there is a difference between dailies you "have" to do, and the tasks I am talking about which can give you something nice, but you only do if you have the time to spare.

As an example, right now I have completed all previous campaigns for my main, character, gotten all the boons and so on. I am not quite at BiS yet - but I'm slowly getting there. Right now, may "daily" task is just the Mod11 one - which takes less than an hour. If I have more time, I will do the 3 optional M11 quests or a few HEs - but that's it...there is nothing else I feel I "have" to do. I have 16 alts, 8 of which I used to play somewhat actively, but eventually I just felt burned out - the game is not particularly alt-friendly, and it was starting to feel more like "work" than a fun game.

So, I just play a single alt now, get the "must do" tasks out of the way as quickly as possible, and then spend any remaining time just on whatever I enjoy.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    terramak said:

I can neither confirm nor deny that this is totally going live tomorrow.

(Okay, yeah, it is, assuming nothing catches on fire.)

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    terramak said:

The frenzied cry of "Look out, a dracolich!" has been removed from the first cutscene after creating a new character.

Bravo!!!
    Meanwhile, M11 gamebreaking bugs reported hundred of times are still there and not even a word about them.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    @terramak we could really use some sort of news about the Foundry editor. Is anyone there even looking at it? The last word was that Cryptic was "collecting analytics" on it, and that was two weeks ago (frankly, I don't understand the rationale for collecting analytics on whether they want to implement a simple bugfix -- why not just fix the bug?) At any rate, I would think that any data collection should have been completed by now.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Uncomon quality white dragon hearth selling in the AH has deflection as primary stat O.o

I dont know if anyone has brought this up but are draconic Guises and survivor's wraps suposed to have such low stats/ no HP respectivly?

All guises 1032 of a stat - Item Level 150;

Dragon loyalist visage:
    12624 HP;
    Added stats 2723
    Item Level 150;

Cambist gauntlets:
    12 624 HP;
    2416 Added stats;
    Chance to deal extra damage at a financial cost;
    Item Level 150;

Survivor wraps
    0 HP;
    Added stats: 2784
    Lose 25% of total hit points over 10seconds after a dailly;
    Item Level 150;

Companion influence atribute/stat not working (at least nothing visible).

Dragon's thirst (one of the choices for final boons in ToD campain) claims to give 3%/4%/5% life steal yet the first rank gives 4%, probably the next ranks give 5%/6%, my preview isn't loading so i cant tell.

Paladins cant reclaim a shield of the golden dragon from harper's legion merchant however it can be purchased from the campain store window.

Previewing an armour/weapon piece through the campain window vendor will send the preview back, not allowing rotation, zooming etc...this gets fixed by going back 1 step on the store, needing to go back always to preview another armour.

This discussion has been closed.