test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

is the new lockbox good?

thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
better than the last few? is it worth saving keys for? holding on to my vip keys until it drops on xbox but the wait is burning a serious hole in my pocket lol

Comments

• spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    Easy answer:
    No. It isnt good at all.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I gave up on this, and went back to the Glorious one.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    k ty very helpful!
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    No.

"Last but not least, the Many-Starred Lockbox has a new specialty item: an Ascendant Fashion Pack containing several new fashion sets, suitable for wear by powerful mages, or anyone who wants to look exotic and just a bit intimidating."

Now, the fashion pack could have been a nice little extra to the other regular loot, but it's not worth a lockbox key as only loot from this... thing.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    ...and they're ugly to boot.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    greywynd said:

...and they're ugly to boot.

Guess how upset i was when i got 3 of theese dumb and ugly fashion pack. Every pack costs one key....what a waiste of ZENs...

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    We have 3 or 4 in our guild vault. Nobody wants them for some reason.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    In one word - No.

In two words - Hell No.

I've also gone back to the Glorious, but I have over 60 keys saved up because lock boxes are just such an anti climax most of the time.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    glorious isnt as good as it was either..

i find the new lockbox ok.. i get gmops out of it more then last few.. its beter then the ostorian ones.

in fact i get more gmops out of it then i do glorious atm.

the fashion blows.. just because its so prevelent.. i got two earths back to back..

I wouldnt say this is the worst weve had .
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    I've gone back to the Runic box for relic boxes lol
    edited March 2017
    Becky? Top post.
    I want my keys back for theese disturbing trash fashion sets i got from lockboxes :s

• neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Isn't using the glorious box not a problem either, as it contains the same things as the new lockbox? (Except the epic artifact / companion and legendary mount packs)
    edited March 2017
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Glorious_Resurgence_Lockbox
    unless they have changed the loot table in this lockbox, it's still a lot better then the new one(s)...
    Want to know why?
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Wouldn't necessarily have minded the addition of a fashion pack if the clothing weren't covered in barnacles. That's the big disconnect. If they were all fashions that players would want to collect and wear other than as a joke, it might have been a successful experiment.

By comparison, the new basic fashion they added that replaced the peasant potato sacks are items that a real person might actually be able to wear.

This is something that NW costume designers fail at regularly, in my opinion, recognizing that within a fantasy game, there are limits to how we want to imagine our characters. We want things like the lacey top the Master of Coin gets to wear, or a cute peasant blouse that doesn't have an apron permanently attached to it, or more pants that neither resemble footie pajamas for the gents nor have flappy fabric panels for the ladies. We want actual shoes. We don't want to drape ourselves in seaweed.

Eh. With the way prices settled I don't really think there's any way that it really could be fixed by changing the actual fashion items. They need something that can stand being opened hundreds of thousands of times and still have value. Fashion items on the other hand don't tend to have value unless they're extremely scarce. Even if they gave the rare sets a .02% drop rate and they still wouldn't have broke a million AD.

IMO they should've made a fashion vendor then make the fashion boxes similar to the companion boxes (i.e. drop a bunch of runestones and a small amount of seals for the fashion vendor + a chance at a higher amount). Then they could put some old transmutes in the fashion vendor and set ridiculous prices on them.
    regenerde said:

unless they have changed the loot table in this lockbox, it's still a lot better then the new one(s)...

It has the same junk drops as the new box.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User

Wow, didn't know it was possible to wear a mustache down there.

edited March 2017
    urabask said:

regenerde said:

It has the same junk drops as the new box.
    Yeah, checked it in game... but why did they have to mess up that lockbox too?
    :|
    Want to know why?
  • gwalaplothgwalaploth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    The most painful thing about the fashion drops is that you actually have to open the pack before you can throw it away....
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    dont forget, over last year, they nerfed and retired "Idols" from boxes when we need ADs, then these boxes werent any good, just gambling for keys, it like playing slot machine and you get same results.

example, slot machine hold 1,000 dollars, and chance to win it was cost of 64,000 tries with a dollar each time you wasted.
  • gwalaplothgwalaploth Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User

Its craptastic. Use and older strongbox for your keys.

Or just wait til the new ones are released which is what I am doing.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

Its craptastic. Use and older strongbox for your keys.

Meh it's fine. The fashion pack has a low enough drop rate that there isn't really a problem with the overall return on value.
    I8r4ux9.jpg