test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes Version: NW.70.20170206a.7

nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
Patch notes for tomorrow's maintenance which will involve a server restart and a single-issue fix.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10426993

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Thanks it was getting kinda heavy!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    2 patches, zero important fixes to the utterly broken new mod.

My last 2 days - yesterday 2 characters 26 digs, 1 arcane focus in total
    day before - needed 4 EoE to unlock the weekly, 9 ships 20 small HE, 1 EoE
    Tooltips utterly misleading (unlocking travelling merchant for example)

Third and 4th tasks across the bottom of the campaign, either tooltips not telling the whole story or RIDICULOUSLY overcosted and utterly pointless anybody ever taking them.

Stuff stacking to ridiculously small numbers the portal stone bags only to 5, the reclaimed ... to 99.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Come on minotaur2857...but they fixed the howler problem...mmhhh.....but i cant find the howler in this bug feedback thread for the new module:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228517/the-cloaked-ascendancy-issues/p1

So feedbacks are useless for new modules? Lemme know plz. Thanks

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Arcane Focus...

Nope, a stupid mount....

Not spending a damn dime on this game till this HAMSTER is fixed. You expect ME to invest money in the game when I have to spend 2 months trying to get upgrade material on multiple chars? That's not content. That's just a damn weapon I'm trying to get.

How the hell did you guys manage to make this worst than getting the elemental evil weapons back during it's launch? I'd gladly grind out another 500 crabs over this. A time gate is BS, and especially bad when it's overdone. If someone has a day off, let them grind all day to their heart's desire. Not screw over everyone who can't play this game for hours.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    As the patch notes were copied over from preview, I am copying my comments over as well.

We would really appreciate an update on the issues we have been raising, as they are really hurting players' enjoyment of M11 right now.

I watched the Live stream. There was a lot said about "M11-B", which was promised "soon" and what it would bring. But, here is the thing - I am really not interested in getting M11-B or hearing more about it until M11 is working properly. So, I am going to take the risk of sounding like a broken record and list the "big" M11 issues again.

The HE bug-out.
    I have never had this happen with the ship HE and I have not seen it recently with the small HEs - possibly because I usually solo those. However, this happens frequently with the Kabal and Gyrion Big HEs. More often than not, Kabal's HE seems to get stuck when you have killed 17 of the reinforcements - the rest does not show up (or their kills did not count.) The result: Players waste their time and get annoyed. Can you please confirm whether you are aware of this issue, looking into it or need more information like a video?

Item stacking
    You said "99 to 999 stacks for Reclaimed items", which is great. Thank you. Is a fix to the Ornately Carved Boxes only stacking to 5 also on the list? I just had to ship 30 of those (6 stacks) off to a "mule" alt, as I was running low on bag space.

Arcanic Focus
    This seems to be the great white HAMSTER in the room that nobody is willing to talk about. Despite this issue being raised multiple times in the Live Stream thread, it was not mentioned. What really upsets people is the fact that the weapon restoration requirements for this resource were originally much lower (as demonstrated in Kali Gold's video) - needing a total of 25 is a totally different story than needing 85 to restore a single set.

We would really like to hear something about this, even if it is just a statement like

"The Arcanic Focus requirements and drop rate are working as intended. We want to ensure that the average player needs to spend all his playing time for 8 weeks to grind for this resource, long after he has everything else he needs to restore the weapons. This is in accordance with our policy of discouraging players from playing multiple alts, as multiple active alts would just encourage people to spend money in the game to gear those alts up and making money is completely against our corporate policy. We also want to reduce our player numbers a bit and do what we can to make sure that people do not recommend the game to anyone. Our research has shown that extensive, boring grinding is a good way to accomplish that goal."

I'm partly serious here...this is how your policies sometimes feel.

Dig site lockout issue
    I just posted about this in the bug forum. It is very irritating to be only able to do an average of 3 dig sites per hour, when you need to farm maybe 500-600 for the Arcanic Focus.

See http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1229026/the-m11-dig-site-lockout-issue

I do have one idea on a possible cause of this issue. Dig site passes you obtain from treasure chests seem to have an unintentional side effect of locking you out of dig sites, as the problem gets a lot worse if you do a round of treasure chest opening and carry a lot of those passes.

Arcanic Focus daily max?
    I am not sure if this is actually an issue, but several people have reported a hard limit of 3 Arcanic Focus per day. I had initially dismissed this, for two reasons - first because I had gotten as many as 5 myself in a single gaming session, and second because I could not belive the designers/developers could be this utterly, utterly stupid.

Then I looked at my data, and noticed something. When I had gotten more than 3 in a single session, that gaming session extended past midnight, and I received some before midnight and others after midnight.

On one occasion did I receive 3 shortly after midnight, and not a single one the whole next day - until after midnight again.

I have NEVER received more than 3 in a single (calendar) day. Coincidence? Maybe, but at this time I cannot reject the possibility that someone may have made the really dumb decision to impose a daily limit of 3 on the Arcanic Focus drops.

Why is that a dumb decision? Well, partly because it heavily discriminates against some players - people that may have very little time to play on workdays, but have the weekends free. Those people may be willing to put the same effort into the game as someone who plays for the same time every day of the week, but the first person will likely get a lot fewer drops over the week because he is less likely to reach the daily limit 5 days out of 7.

So, if there is indeed a hard daily limit, I have a question.

When are you going to fix this?

I am not asking if you are going to fix this, but when - if a limit like this is indeed present, it s simply not acceptable.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Well I don't know a whole lot about the mod 11 complaints as I tend to spend perhaps less time there than others do because I'm running other content as well.
    So,,,,
    Thank you @nitocris83 for at least hearing our cries for getting us a proper posting in the patch notes section that let's us know if it's just a server restart and/or any patch notes there may be. Thanks :) And no, I'm not being sarcastic. It means a great deal to us that do not follow social media sites, to be able to get the information we need in a convenient location.
    Oh, and also, it would be helpful if all previous patch notes were closed so people know which is the current one.. kinda makes things confusing if people are still posting in old threads
  • mistranmistran Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I gues somebody was bored and decided to fix something instead of doing nothing...
  • spellinspellin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    What have you done with instance in river district ?? 50 people in one instance ? i can;t play because i have very big lags
  • drakostar83drakostar83 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    Don´t understand this. The same last week. 4 hours of lagging in riverdistrict and all instances. Then max player set on 20 people and its much better. No learning from misstakes.
  • ivansinkovic1ivansinkovic1 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Also, the nerf of Lightning enchantment hasn't been announced, but they did it. GFJ
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Don´t understand this. The same last week. 4 hours of lagging in riverdistrict and all instances. Then max player set on 20 people and its much better. No learning from misstakes.

River district instance caps have not been patched. It is obviously something they've been changing manually after the shard comes back after maintenance. I'm sure that once they actually run a larger fix build (likely next week), they'll actually fix it so they don't need to do it manually every week.

But the reason why the "fix" isn't sticking is because it hasn't been fixed in the code, just the settings.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Also, the nerf of Lightning enchantment hasn't been announced, but they did it. GFJ

Now what happened?

• zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User

What has been done to lightning enchantment?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Until more than one person complains about something, always assume that nothing changed and some other factor is skewing their perception.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    @ivansinkovic1
    "Also, the nerf of Lightning enchantment hasn't been announced, but they did it. GFJ"
    Evidence? ACT? Screenshot?
    I have a transLightning.
    No change observed.
    Please prove your "nerf".
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    You have to make sure that you do not accidentally equip the enchant upside down. Many players are reporting a nerf to lightning due to this simple mistake.

@thefabricant has tested this upside down, rightside up.
  • spideymtspideymt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 710 Arc User
    No nerf at lightning enchantment was made. I got one. Still very powerfull. Especially when it comes to trash mob groups.

Lol... sniffs.. damn near shot coffee out my nose when I read that... upside down... lmao :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.