test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloaked Ascendancy Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170206a.7

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Another very small build - Trying to keep the change lists short for the weekly / bi-weekly builds. Several of the requested changes (e.g. 99 to 999 stacks for Reclaimed items, the fix to the Traveling Merchant store) we're hoping to get live next week or the week after. You can expect a much larger patch note list on Preview by the end of the week, provided nothing goes super wrong.

Items and Economy
An old version of the Heavy Howler mount had been acquired by some players, and was not properly entering their Mount stable upon use, but disappearing instead.
  • This mount should now automatically be moved to the Stable if it had disappeared on use.
  • If the player already has the Heavy Howler in their Stable, the extra mount will be moved to the inventory, and can be discarded.
  • Any future acquisitions will properly enter the Stable on use.

Comments

• terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer

Can you fix the Heavy Howler spawn animation. It has been broken for a long time. It used to have a violet/blue eerie glowing glyph, part of the reason I bought it, now it is a generic red.

Thanks. We're looking into various mount FX and animation issues. I'm not sure whether this will be addressed next build, but I'll make sure this is on our radar as well.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Both Apparatus of Gond make the player invisibe upon exiting for a little, half a second or so, no big deal, doesn't affect gameplay severely. A funny and completly broken(in this case) mount is the giant crab mount, i dont know why but it can make some players levitate above the crab, i saw a GF with the jester suit levitating ^^. and a leg still drags.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    terramak said:

Can you fix the Heavy Howler spawn animation. It has been broken for a long time. It used to have a violet/blue eerie glowing glyph, part of the reason I bought it, now it is a generic red.

Thanks. We're looking into various mount FX and animation issues. I'm not sure whether this will be addressed next build, but I'll make sure this is on our radar as well.
    I don't own the Stormraider Clydesdale so I don't know if this is still an issue, but it lost its special summon animation a very long time ago, which was replaced with the generic horsie dust cloud. I don't know if it was fixed or is just a problem players gave up complaining about.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User

Both Apparatus of Gond make the player invisibe upon exiting for a little, half a second or so, no big deal, doesn't affect gameplay severely. A funny and completly broken(in this case) mount is the giant crab mount, i dont know why but it can make some players levitate above the crab, i saw a GF with the jester suit levitating ^^. and a leg still drags.

I would be only guessing but
    I think the new whirlwind mount is effecting the crab to make the rider hover up in the air like that.

is there any other mounts that you ride on top of like that?

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
    edited March 2017
    The "surfing" animation was originally created for the Tenser's Disc.

The Whirlwind mount actually borrows its posture from the CW daily Maelstrom of Chaos.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    @terramak

U might wanna check the digsite bug. After playing a while, i suspect the cause has something to do with the site pass u get from treasure map. They might messes with the digsite timer. Thanks.
  • vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    @terramak while you are looking at mounts can you check the sound on Fey Wolf (that long space press while we stand still). It's really bad.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    kangkeok said:

@terramak

U might wanna check the digsite bug. After playing a while, i suspect the cause has something to do with the site pass u get from treasure map. They might messes with the digsite timer. Thanks.

You might be onto something there.....this would match my observations very well.
    Hoping for improvements...

I would be only guessing but
    I think the new whirlwind mount is effecting the crab to make the rider hover up in the air like that.

is there any other mounts that you ride on top of like that?

Like becky said just the tenser's floating disk and giant crab are mounted that way. The problem can be from having tenser's in legendary mount slot and giant crab appearance but im more leaning to believe it's size character related, the GF i saw was a big dragonborn so probably it passes the colision limits and poped up or something like that.

• vida44vida44 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 667 Arc User
    adinosii said:

We would really like to hear something about this, even if it is just a statement like

"The Arcanic Focus requirements and drop rate are working as intended. We want to ensure that the average player needs to spend all his playing time for 8 weeks to grind for this resource, long after he has everything else he needs to restore the weapons. This is in accordance with our policy of discouraging players from playing multiple alts, as multiple active alts would just encourage people to spend money in the game to gear those alts up and making money is completely against our corporate policy. We also want to reduce our player numbers a bit and do what we can to make sure that people do not recommend the game to anyone. Our research has shown that extensive, boring grinding is a good way to accomplish that goal."

I'm partly serious here...this is how your policies sometimes feel.

This just cracked me up. :D:D:D
    I have not experienced being locked out of dig sites but I have only been able to play in the module very lightly, so I seldom have cause to (attempt to) repeat a dig on the same day.

On days when I loot treasure chests, I use the site passes I pick up and toss any duplicates and all used passes immediately. On days when I feel it'll be faster to just buy site passes, I mostly don't do treasure unless I happen to walk past one I can access. I don't typically let the passes time out in my inventory at all.

If there's a correlation, my interactions in the module would be expected to be unaffected and thus far this is true.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rexfire91rexfire91 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User

I don't own the Stormraider Clydesdale so I don't know if this is still an issue, but it lost its special summon animation a very long time ago, which was replaced with the generic horsie dust cloud. I don't know if it was fixed or is just a problem players gave up complaining about.

I own a Stormraider Clydesdale and can confirm that this has not been fixed yet. Would be nice to get the old summon animation back.

• weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Something to consider... in Mod 10 people complained about Lanolin and Dragon Turtle Moult drop rates... I mean they raged hard.. but.. it turns out.. they mostly or only did BHE's to farm them. When Map in a Bottle gives much more reliably.

Could a similar issue be occuring here? Some people will only do ONE thing.. not explore.. not test... and just rage and rage until someone who did explore.. test and try various things tell them how to get what they need.

I'm absolutely loving the fact that Mod 10 and 11 (more so) encourages and REWARDS group play and a player focused economy (more than zen store purchases)... without much of this "grind" that people are complaining about.. there wouldn't be as much need or benefit to the average player to working with other people to achieve goals.

And YES... even figuring out legitimate info about how things work is a good thing for a REAL MMO.... I remember sites and sites of game related info back in the day of true MMO's like EQ and even the (genre breaking) WoW.

The challenge of a heavy grind can lead to a MUCH more social and cooperative community IF the devs build into the game systems various legitimate short cuts that can be used by TEAMPLAYERS.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
    edited March 2017
    weaver936 said:

Could a similar issue be occuring here? Some people will only do ONE thing.. not explore.. not test... and just rage and rage until someone who did explore.. test and try various things tell them how to get what they need.

No. There are indeed multiple ways in M11 to collect some items and currencies (Security and Arcane Magical Writings, for example) - some more effective than others and maybe non-obvious. What people are complaining about is just the Arcanic focus issue.

First, there is only one way to get that - dig sites.
    Second, originally you needed only 25 of those - now you need 85.
    Third, there seems to be a hard limit of 3 drops per day. This ensures that it will take people at least 29 days to collect what they need for the weapon restoration, more if you are occasionally unlucky, and much, much more if for example you primarily play on weekends.

In my own case, for example, I will have both my mainhand and offhand and everything I need to restore them next Saturday morning - except the Arcanic Focus - I can restore the offhand, but it will take me at least 15 more days just to farm this single thing so I can restore my mainhand.

This is annoying because Mod 11 originally looked very good to people, and tthen we encounter bad design decisions like this, which make people revise their opionion of Mod 11. Revise it downwards. Quite a bit, in fact.
    Post edited by adinosii on
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    There's no reason to slap a time gate on the weapons. You can get twisted weapons in a couple days if you wanted. Why all of a sudden is it BAD to get weapons quickly?

If the weapons themselves are supposed to be THE content of the module, then that's just sad.

Weapons are just damn weapons. The thing you use to DO content. Just let people get their damn weapons quick if they want so they can get back to trying to enjoy themselves. A dragged out weapon grind doesn't encourage me to give the company money.

The Focus rates are broken and the sites are bugged. 2 sites are locked up on me for 2 days now, and today I got 1 focus so far out of 21 sites. There is no "right way" to do this. It is busted.

Just 2 sites locked? You are lucky. I am locked out of 4 sites (see my thread on the bug forum), and not a single drop out of 25 sites yesterday.

But yeah, I agree....this HAMSTER is indeed busted.
    edited March 2017
    I guess better is just wait, boons are nothing of other world, spelplague caverns wont be gone, relic armour is good but takes lots of time farming VB and new equipment pieces offer nice options, burning/twisted will do beside, i do own a owlbear pup *-* and like previous mods when the next come prices will be reduced or droped by player desinterest, look at weekly/dailly missions in SKT.

But honestly it doesn't make much sence...the portal keys are on sale on zen market, 50k ad each when we can make the 30 necessary component from the farming/ donate to ship in at worst case 15 days after the mission unlock, after that we will have enough but not arcane focus, there is not much reason to purchase those keys, specially mirage weapons where we can just do the squirmish...

• vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

I'm absolutely loving the fact that Mod 10 and 11 (more so) encourages and REWARDS group play and a player focused economy (more than zen store purchases)... without much of this "grind" that people are complaining about.. there wouldn't be as much need or benefit to the average player to working with other people to achieve goals.

And YES... even figuring out legitimate info about how things work is a good thing for a REAL MMO.... I remember sites and sites of game related info back in the day of true MMO's like EQ and even the (genre breaking) WoW.

The challenge of a heavy grind can lead to a MUCH more social and cooperative community IF the devs build into the game systems various legitimate short cuts that can be used by TEAMPLAYERS.

I would almost agree with you, but the fact that the dig sites lock you out for 1 hour after entering them does not encourage group play to farm Arcanic Focus. I can do all 9 dig sites in under an hour.
  • duskwoodduskwood Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    terramak said:

meanwhile, rapid strikes animation.

• cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    hello @terramak mimic king mentioned in live stream a fix for unstoppable has been found, is there any further details as it relates to it please?
This discussion has been closed.