test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The alternate Armor Enchant choice.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
Got bored of wearing soulforged all the time, stopped pvp so my already problematic t.elven became redundant, hate the look of negation and the red pvc latex look of bloodtheft or whatever it's called. And the flying cowpats of that other one.

Atm. Rocking a t.fireburst, looks nice and the aoe attack isn't crazy bad, act said about 250k a pop if there's a lot of mobs around.

What would be your choice..?
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    My GF uses Thunderhead. Think it is Perfect. Goes well with the Greater Lightning in his spear.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    I got fireburst just so my archon wouldn't feel lonely.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Got bored of wearing soulforged all the time, stopped pvp so my already problematic t.elven became redundant, hate the look of negation and the red pvc latex look of bloodtheft or whatever it's called. And the flying cowpats of that other one.

Atm. Rocking a t.fireburst, looks nice and the aoe attack isn't crazy bad, act said about 250k a pop if there's a lot of mobs around.

What would be your choice..?

do you have some act screen of the damage? and maybe a screenshot of the your char wearing it too?
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    btw i would use barkshield
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I used Fireburst when I was new to the game and didn't understand the value of other enchants. I liked it because it looked AWESOME. Especially with with Searing Magma dye.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    I tried briartwine. it did nothing. absolutely nothing it wasn't even reflecting the small amount of damage tool tip said it would do. I checked back thru the logs on the boss fights and it was like briartwine hit for 0. briartwine hit for 9. briartwine hit for zero.. and I take more damage than the tank a lot of the time.in that particular boss fight I took about a million damage. so... I wouldn't bother with that one. I think it's bugged.

I too have been looking for a different armor enchant than soulforged. just because it bugs out with companions in the new content and the companions are massively important.
    edited March 2017
    Ok I think even my lowbie internet-fu can manage a screen shot or 2.
    edited March 2017

Not crazy spectacular, but I'M ON FIRE. And hopefully at some point in the nearish future (since the devs seem to be in enchant twiddling mode) they'll make the damage scale with your power like the new weapon enchants, at which point it might become a decent damage boost. Looking at act though, it's not too far behind thornward, which I kept up to give me a bit of lifesteal, considering TW is a constant tick, and fireburst pops only every 20 seconds or so. Cool.

Mainly, I now stand out from the crowd, even it's just so they can all point and say "Who's that nutcase wearing fireburst..?"
    Post edited by jonkoca on
  • brick#6890 brick Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    I'm also using trans fire burst, with trans flaming. Looks amazing , love it.
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    im using thunderhead on my new gf, I'm liking aesthetic it gives, in battle it doesn't seem to be bugged either, noticing trash mobs get the appopriate stun but i cant really get in depth(not pc). first time I've seen trans fireburst, looks awesome
    im actually the gwf carry
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    My pally has a T.Fireburst because I saw an ACT log where someone tested a Trans FB, Briar and Frost and the FB came out well ahead in damage. I don't need the DR from a Negation, I don't have much in the way of Deflect so Shadowclad would proc about 1 in 5 hits taken, I don't need EB due to the shield providing CC immunity and I get hit far too often for Barkshield to be of any use. As for Bloodtheft, I rarely go below 100% HP so again, meh.

What I would really like to slot is one that doesn't exist: an enchantment that increases Lifesteal the same way as Negation increases DR. I could easily get 10 stacks on that and a 30% lifesteal boost on my pally would be amazing...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    I heard about that same act, which was one of the reasons I bought it, of those 3 damaging armor 'chants, fireburst is the best.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    @jonkoca damn fine looking bad@ss HR.
    Thanx, dyed my armor searing orange and black, for pure vanity's sake. Also noticed my armor one shots those annoying little orc archers in cold run, which is nice.
  • mistalowmistalow Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    Negation is sooo ugly :< But for a DC not much choices. Maybe barkshield ?
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Barkshield is only useful if you take very few hits, the only class I find it useful on is the TR but they are more likely to go Shadowclad due to 75% deflect severity & getting def. chance from Dexterity (plus feat boosts if they're really into it).

I just wish they'd make armor enchantment visuals turn off-able.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    yeah I don't like any of the effects. I just want my pure black clothes to be pure black without the creeping crudz.