test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

River District: Portal stones and weekly task

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited February 2017 in General Discussion (PC)
Once you complete the first "Investigate X" campain task, a couple of things happen. First you get a quest (this one is For Gyrion, the Nostura one is similar and I assume the Kabal one is too).

Also, at the same time, the "Resist the Rituals" and "Secure the District" task rewards change - you get an additional drop:

If you open the Ornately Carved Box, you get a choice of portal stones, corresponding to those "Investigate X" tasks you have completed.

In this case I only get the Abolethic (Gyrion) stone, as that is the only one I have unlocked on the Live server. When I use the stone, I get the "Behind the Mask" quest again.

What does not happen, however, once you complete the "Investigate X" task is the unlocking of the weekly - I had sort-of assumed it would, but maybe you need to unlock a "Confront X" task for that.

Here is the weekly from Preview - I will assume it is the same on Live
Hoping for improvements...
Post edited by adinosii on

Comments

• c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    Thank you for your feedback.

About the Portal Stone, what is the rewards if you get it from Resist the Rituals and Secure the District ? The same as "Behind the Masks" ?
    Can you repeat it and have same rewards ?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Uh...when you use the portal stone, you get the quest "Behind the Masks" (or one of the other two corresponding quests) again...so, yes...same rewards.
    edited February 2017
    I meant the rewards compared to the first time you get it from the campaign.

But that's good to hear, guess I can finally grind some BHE knowing what I grind, for Essence of Evil. Let's hope the chance is reasonable and doesn't have an absurd 5%.

I hope there will be some Abandoned Treasure sink, I already have 7k+ without even grinding
    c3rb3r3 said:

I hope there will be some Abandoned Treasure sink, I already have 7k+ without even grinding

There is. The weapon refining.

Here is what you need for one offhand, for example:
    • 2500 Abandoned treasures
    • 15 Petrified dust, that you need a portal stone to get (this is for Fey, but for Aboleth it should be Tainted Soil, Constructed Iron for Lifeforged and Fleece for Mirage weapons.
    • 20 Vial of Fey Blood (or for the other weapons, Volatile Ichor, Spell Amber or Ground Jade)
    • 45 Arcane Magical Weitings
    • 40 Arcanic Focus
    Main hand is similar.

edited February 2017
    Great thank you ! I kind of expected that amount for the restoration. But I already have 3/4 what's needed to restore one. I'll need to farm the Skirmish for the Illusion set however :/

The composant amount looks ok to me, it is fairly easy to obtain.
    Post edited by c3rb3r3 on
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    What I don't understand is the active power of the new companion that "doubles" the portal stone drops. Seems completely unnecessary when you are guaranteed to get one from the campaign tasks.
    Well, you don't need it for the campaign, that's for sure - I got 9 Portal stones so far today, and have enough Reclaimed Magic for 4 more. That will give me almost enoigh of the resource I get from the lair for an offhand restoration. The portal stones are not the bottleneck - for me that will be the Arcanic Focus - doubling the drop rate of those would make more sense to me.

However, you might want to farm the lairs for a different reason - if you want the Blue Fire Eye, but then again, it is just 35K on the AH, so why bother?

No the portal stone doubling makes no sense to me either.
    And something more...it seems you can get Portal stones as random rewards from HEs.

• rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    One question, when you go back into it, do you have to go through the opening part of the quest again, or just at the castle? The one you do to get to the fey castle is a pain.
    You have to run the obstacle course every single time....have fun :D
  • szejhuludpuchaczszejhuludpuchacz Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Ugh, I have done investigate Gyrion task, boxes with portal stones appeared but... I have blank window pop on them. Seems ticket is needed. :/
    edit: fixed after game restart :D
    200_s.gif
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    That will be fun. If they would put a campfire halfway through it, that would make it much better. But it is what it is.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 424 Arc User
    Do you have to complete the "Investigate" task more than once in order to unlock this? I did everything in the "Defeating Nostura" checklist, including the Investigate Nostura task, but it didn't mark either as complete. My campaign task just says that I don't have enough requirements to do it yet, and the Defeating Nostura checklist is completed except for the "complete campaign task" part.

I actually ended up picking up all of the "Defeating X" quests, and finished all three of them except for the campaign tasks associated. I'm totally confused as I don't have any of these portal stones or quests to defeat anyone.

If Kavatos does not give you any quest, you did not finish the whole quest he gave you the first day.

I know I must be really missing something obvious here, but I think the task you're talking about is the "Defeating Nostura" (or one of the other two), which has a list of a bunch of things to do, including completing a couple of quests, and the last thing on the list is "complete the Investigate Nostura campaign task". I DID run that task - it took my EoE and gave me the rewards. However, the campaign task is still available, as if you have to do it more than one time, and the quest "Defeating Nostura" did not complete either.

No one has any more available quests for me, I've completed the dailies, but I don't have enough EoE to do any of the campaign tasks in that area again. I screwed up, I guess, and ran one of the ones along the bottom, too. And I got started late, so I'm already behind. There's nothing left in my journal to do - I think that campaign task ate my resources and didn't give me the completed flag. :angry:

It is not a repeatable task. It should say Completed, not still be available. So ya, it must have bugged.

Ugh - OK, thanks
    edited February 2017
    I had a problem on Preview, where I did the "Investigate Nostura" campaign task before I got the quest to do so. This completely screwed the "Defeating Nostura" quest up, as it did not recognize that "Investigate Nostura" was done.

It does, however, sound like you have a different problem, if it does not list "Investigate Nostura" as completed. I can only suggest trying to do it again...although that will delay you by 3 or 4 days.
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    im not getting any weekly task

has anyone done Confront Kabal ? got the reward but then no weekly quest?

seems no one has the weekly

so to recap:

1: BHE's bugged
    2: Server performance in River district worse than ever
    3: Quests bugged
    4: Merchant Bugged

Moderator edited out rule violation.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Have the same issue with Nostura. Have unlocked everything, but not getting the "Weekly Ritual".​​
    Very odd. As I said, I unlocked the weekly quest on preview, but have not unlocked it here (yet). The unlocking of dailies and weeklies was a bit messed-up there....maybe the issues were not fully solved.
    adinosii said:

I had a problem on Preview, where I did the "Investigate Nostura" campaign task before I got the quest to do so. This completely screwed the "Defeating Nostura" quest up, as it did not recognize that "Investigate Nostura" was done.

It does, however, sound like you have a different problem, if it does not list "Investigate Nostura" as completed. I can only suggest trying to do it again...although that will delay you by 3 or 4 days.

I'm afraid that's what I'll have to do. I was already a few days behind due to not being able to play a couple of days in the beginning, so this really screws me. I should not have done the first task along the bottom. Oh well, so goes the joys of new content.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    How are you supposed to do to complete "Investigate Nostura's Past"? There is no yellow dot. There is no description in the Quest Log.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    It appears those of us that choose to investigate Nostura first have been screwed over, missing out on the weekly quest. Question is when will Cryptic fix this and will we receive the missed EoE as recompense? @nitocris83
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • crazybibcrazybib Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 21 Arc User
    What it's also annoying is that if you loot a portal stone (from HE or by opening coffer from the campaign) you have 1hour to use it or it will be automatically remove (disappeared) form your inventory. I don't know if it is WAI or a bug but it would be nice to have at least a warming in the tooltip.
    Portal stones have a time limit - ah...I did not realize that. Added to the guide at http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228756/mod-11-a-mini-guide
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    I did Gyrion task. It gives no weekly either.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!