test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A Whisperknife build

sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User
As I'm as silly as my Jake the Dog out of mind at Death's palace GIF, I wanted to ask for any feedback on a useful Whisperknife build. Though everyone go Master Infiltrator, building TR WK for pure Exe neither works well while trying to maximise dmg output and critical sev/armor pen, nor is useful to its powers. Building for a powerful 'Shocking Execution' and 'Lashing Blade' on MI is fine. I though want to take advantage of Disheartening Strike and Hateful knives, Razor action or even a Vengenance's Pursuit.
Lastly when I tried to build a WK i picked Saboteur with a bit of executioner... I do basically think I need to be redirected to... a proper guide-build page... if it exists...
Thanks in advance, every feedback is critical for me. :)

Post Scriptum

Need feedback on ABILITY POINTS most.

Comments

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    Man... All I can say is: try it out on preview server.

WK nowaday aren't much used, and the few that exists out there go as a debuffer/support role.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I haven't found one - though we have messed around as much as we could with them on the PS4 - we don't have access to the preview server so it's only through a respec and a lot of whacking away at things in the stronghold that we test our stuff.

I build my WK originally off of a MI build but tweaked it - I did the same damage as a MI friend who was same IL until we hit about 2800 IL - now he's rocketed above me.

I changed to a debuff/ armor breaking build and that seemed to help the team a lot, but made soloing more interesting.

I'm still running a debuff/DOT build and it's effective but I will never do the damage a MI can do.

I went heavy deflect with a Shadow Demon as my bonding companion - he might have to be changed since he was nerfed but the jury is still out on that.

I use the Wheel of elements, the TR sigil, the Lostmauth Horn and the lantern. Probably going to swap one of those out eventually. I currently run the full lostmauth set, with two dusk two dragonflight, +4 Brutality, +4 Rising power.

For my at wills I use Dualists Flurry and Disheartening Strike

My encounters are Smoke Bomb (for mobs), Lashing Blade, Wicked Reminder, Dazing Strike

Daily powers - Whirlwind of blades (if mobs are present) Courage Breaker (bosses)

I still play around with the personals trying to find the right ones. Generally I use Oppressive Darkness, Advantageous Position, Dagger threat or Tactics.

For Mobs I stealth, run into the middle of them, drop smoke then hit Whirlwind of blades, then lashing blade (to capitalize on the power bump). If there is a big guy in the group I'll hit him with Disheartening Strike as soon as I go into stealth to get the DOT going

For bigger guys (golumns etc)- Stealth - disheartening strike, smoke, CB if it's up, Lashing blade then DF until stealth is back.

Bosses are similar - wheel, stealth Disheartening Strike, LB, WR, CB, then DF. Roll out then repeat.

It's not the best thing out there but so far it works for me. With the Debuffs from Smoke, WR, DS, CB along with the buffs from a DC - my shadow deamon was able to hit Orcus for a million hit marker.

Not that that will happen again anytime soon since he got nerfed.

You want to hit everything big with both of your at-wills to get both DOT's ticking, and they are much better if you can do them from stealth smoke also does a DOT if you are in stealth but don't bother using it on any bosses. You want to use your biggest hit AFTER your daily because you will have the bonus power for a few sec.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• chestnut13chestnut13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I've played a WK since it's inception. I'll give you the truth. It's inferior in every possible way to an MI except one. Your differences as a WK consist of Hateful Knives, DisHeartening Strike, Vengeance Pursuit, Dagger Threat, Razor Action, Opressive Darkness, and Advantageous Position, as opposed to Shocking Exectution, ITC, Gloaming Cut, Skillful Infiltrator, Invisible Infiltrator, and Infiltrator's Action.

PVP: HK, DisHS, DaggerThreat, and Razor Action are useless. Oh sure, VP let's you flit around the battlefield, but so does Deft Strike. VP is clunky and barely works correctly. DHS was nerfed and made useless in the face of the healing and tenacity inherent in PVP. AdvPos is nice. Opressive Darkness is like poking someone with a toothpick. But nothing, and I mean nothing, can replace SE and the Infiltrator series of benefits. ITC is a wonderful crutch if you can't play that well, and makes mediocre TRs formidable. If you like PVP and are a WK, you are stupid or a glutton for punishment. I fancy myself as the latter thank you very much!

PVE: SE is not a big deal here. But the Infiltrator Series is. You simply will not be able to keep up with an MI in DPS with your only cool thing being AdvPos. You will always lose to a like geared MI. Your only saving grace are debuffs and they suck compared to other classes.

Solo Play: I said except one. Here is where a WK can be both fun and effective. DHS is a great asset to solo play... as is AdvPos. But other than this, there is simple no contest between the two.

The Devs have have wasted an opportunity to create a different and effective path for the TR. When WK first came on the scene, it had possibilities. But nearly every differeniation from an MI was dramatically nerfed and it is a useless path. I play it. I know.
    Oh and I forgot to add the feats I'm currently playing around with (I'm going to respec again soon to play around with some of the others)

https://nwcalc.com/index.html#/tr?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1f23il6:1u0u000:1u00000:1uu5uu1&h=0&p=wkn&o=0
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

edited January 2017
    morenthar said:

If you build out a Whisperknife correctly and play it correctly, it is actually just fine in relationship to the MI.

I usually agree with all of your comments but not this one ... even if correctly built, a correctly built and equally geared and booned MI has a distinct advantage. I'm not saying a WK cannot be effective, but it will be to a lesser extent.

I suck at this quote blocking ... grrrr.

• sirjimbofrancissirjimbofrancis Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    morenthar said:

...Skillful Infiltrator is fine and the major reason a pure PvE TR goes MI....

I can't speak for the PVP aspects of your statement, but speaking as a PVE TR, I can say that skillful infiltrator is not the major reason a PVE TR goes MI. Extra crit and movement are nice, but not spectacular and I don't even use it in my build.

Lilia Drakon - PVE Executioner TR
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
    morenthar said:

@sirjimbofrancis

You don't use Skillful Infiltrator? What has changed to make it less desirable than another passive. I thought that the best PvE passive back in the day.

Maybe I've been playing a WK for too long. I'm not PvPing for a bit longer, but I dont see a reason to go through the trouble of switching enchantments around. My full power build does plenty of damage as a WK. It's still all about the Bonding stones.

There is just a ton of ways to get your crit up, and other ways to help movement. Now, I use Invisible Infiltrator for the 20% damage buff and stealth recharge, and Infiltrator's Action for CA and 5% damage buff from the offhand.
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    It is. Skillfull is for the period when you are still strigling to get crit high enough but later when you have enough of it you go IA for the 5% more dmg from offhand. That's at least for PvE, for PvP i guess that movement speed from Skillfull is probably still better or more benefitial for some builds.
    morenthar said:

So having respecced, I see how II/IA combo is crazy good for PvE. I was unaware of the IA weapon unlock. Key! Thanks for the heads up guys. I was in Whisperknife mode for too long, apparently. :)

Imagine that a dirge is playing. A respec to MI. Don't think I haven't thought about it ... MI is superior in almost every way. I am ... the last WK standing.

I am so efffffing stubborn.

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Don't think I haven't thought about it ... MI is superior in almost every way. I am ... the last WK standing.

I am so efffffing stubborn.

You're not alone, man.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    I still have a WK Executioner as one of my three TRs :-)

I still have a WK Executioner as one of my three TRs :-)

Three?? Overachiever! ;)
    She Looked Lvl 18

Here is my Blog
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I have 2 sort of geared rogues, 2.6k MI and 2.4k WK. The MI has nearly finished the mod 10 boons and is next in line for better stuff at some point in the future. The WK is really low down the list, but still a lot of fun to play.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    I am still a WK hold out as well - I can't do the damage of an MI, but I am up to a pretty nasty bleed/DOT as well as debuffer

• reign#6213 reign Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    I am a whisperknife scoundrel, will post a build at some point.
  • hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Can anything really compete with Exe MI in PvE? I have no ineterst in PvP, and all I can think after seeing stealth buids is - that'd be good in PvP. I've seen some vids of earlier mod perma-stealth, and yes you may kill stuiff and stay alive but it bored the HAMSTER of me.

Is there anything better than the 'cookie cutter' MI build?
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User

Can anything really compete with Exe MI in PvE? I have no ineterst in PvP, and all I can think after seeing stealth buids is - that'd be good in PvP. I've seen some vids of earlier mod perma-stealth, and yes you may kill stuiff and stay alive but it bored the HAMSTER of me.

Is there anything better than the 'cookie cutter' MI build?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228846/n0t0s-pve-mi-saboteur-build
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Mommy, don't let the bad man nerf me...
    Mommy? Mommy??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Mommy, don't let the bad man nerf me...

Mommy? Mommy??

Nerf what
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User