test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dungeon Key and Useful Items for Preview

Comments

• Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Wow. We dont ignore you. We just dont care. Next thing will be someone with a colored name telling us, that they will 'look into it' and thats it.

Fast money instead of meaningful changes. Slow clap. I would like to know, if anyone will run/farm SWH after these changes for legendary marks.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    mordockbrmordockbr Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    @nitocris83

Feedback is not being ignored, we just aren't playing whack-a-mole with responses. We're collecting everything, filtering through it (because there's a lot of hamsters and some pretty unproductive commentary among the valuable information), and then we have to see what the next steps are. Asking for feedback doesn't mean immediate incorporation but it also doesn't mean we are disregarding it.

Can you please tell us what of the feedbacks from this topic has ben listened and actualy going live today with the key changes???

Or you guys just lied and ignored all the feedback from the topic... again...
  • Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    ghostapp said:

Warning. Incoming wall of text.

Here is some of my "wisdom". Stop using dungeons as a way to obtain gear to run those same dungeons. Dungeons are an end game content and as such they should be left for end gamer. Meaning that you should use campaigns as a way for character progression and end game dungeons to get more exclusive items or a way for end game players to get and sell highly valued items to get money they can spend on fine tuning their toon or their alts the results will be much bettet than they are now. Right now the state is that i am forced to run high end dungeon just to get gear to farm that dungeon in 5min to get nothing in return. I agree that if u give out more expensive items to all the AH will colapse. But if you limit giving those items to players who worked hard to finish their campaings and get to the point where they can even enter that dungeon (wich should be superhard even at BIS but not include oneshot bosse but instead a high DOT wich actually gives healers time to heal their party) those same players will get the right to decide what to do with the loot. Some will decide to keep it and some will sell it to get other stuff and when the time comes that everybody has bis equipment than its time for a new mod. What im saying in this wall of text is give those who are capable and not to those who whine. Those who are not capaple will strive to be capable. And those already capable can focus on improving their alts or their main. And AH stays safe due to the toughness of the dungeon. Oh an P.S. if you want influx of money try offering something worth buying. It kinda sucks when you spend more money on a single game than your state of the art computer u use to play that game on just to buy something that gives you a chance to get a chance to win something. I know its hard to please everybody but i see a lot of people who started considering this game as a job and as a company who provides entertainment and depends on loyalty of its comunity it means you failed this comunity. You got an awesome game but its sucess as in all games will be in inivation and not reppetition. Thank you for lending me your ears (eyes)

pre mod 6, and the dungeons "rework", the game was exactly this: go to a levling zone, finish it, gbear up and challenge the dungeon of the zone to get even better loots. That's the reason why the last npc of each zone gives a quest to players enter those dungeons. And when you reached lvl 60, you could challenge the same old dungeons on it's "epic" version, so you could try and get purple gear sets that, IMHO, everyone loved. And guess what? AT THAT TIME WE DIDN'T NEEDED A KEY! We simply entered the dungeons, cleared all our way to the last boss and after we managed to defeat it, bang! our rewards was worth all that effort.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I've played the game since shortly after it was released on xbox. In all that time I have never had an artifact drop from an epic dungeon and by the sounds of tests done so far that isn't going to change with this update.

I've had one purple mount from a lockbox, the rest has been meh.

At the very least, all items gained from a chest in an epic dungeon should be tradeable on the auction house - including rings - because my chances of earning them for myself are non-existent.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

i'm here to make another comment previously i made one about Demogorgon now it's about Msva (Master Assault on Svardborg)
    Now getting a team together for MSva requires a lot of effort let alone going at it multi.i finished farming for the marks for my main hand to go to legendary just today and after that i realised
    you need 10 legendary of mark of each type (Illd / Stig / Uvar)
    the drop rate on them is kinda low but still availble to be gotten if you spam the content hard enough so it's not an immpossible feat and that is thnx to the current press 2.Decline option.
    after introduction now to the point
    if you want to spam this trial you will obviously need to buy legendary dragon keys as farming for the currency is very limited to go at it multi times.
    you see 1 legendary mark in 5 to 6 runs and you need 30 total so that's nearly 150 run (AT LEAST) each purchase of LD key gives you 5 keys for 150K AD (1zen=500 AD) so in total you need 30 key with the refusal option that costs 150K AD *6 = 900K AD that's how much it will cost with the refusal system
    now let's see if i am forced to take every chest i don't want / need that would be 150 run *3 chest each run =450 key will be neededso you will need to purchase AT LEAST 90 key wich will cost 18(5 keys per purcahse 90/5)*150K AD for each purchase =2.7Million AD
    now the Questions arises:

1. will people have time to farm that much money for that amount of runs of uncertain drop rate ?
      will people be even able to earn 2.7Million AD to run that content regularly ?
      Will we even be able to find people to run with ?
      Is upgrading our weapons after this system hits live or EVEN runing any dungeon anymore worth anything ?
      aren't we being forced enough to do stuff that we don't want to do or find very boring ?
    And the big question is

IS THE FEEDBACK REALLY BEING EVEN CONSIDERED ?

PLEASE devs answer these questions and let's see how you call this comment unproductive as this is only one content being explained with this new key system you are trying to force upon us.
    Due to the fact, that this are random drops, the numbers may be different. Based on my current droprate of legendary marks, I would have to spent 40 kk AD for one set. I am sure, that there are ppl out-there, who would be done spending 4 kk AD, but some ppl with really bad luck could spent 100 kk AD and still have to continue farming.

Seriously, who in his right mind would to that. DEVs, do you really think, that your system is viable? Think again.

Furthermore my heartfelt thanks for the active discussion and feedback to our posts. I am sure, that you will take your time and process the available information to make this changes a great experience for all your players. Dang, I forgot, that the changes went live without one fix. Maybe they forgot to implement the changes based on our feedback, too. This things can happen, no biggy. Sarcasm off.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    LOL this "announcement" is really the same posted here...

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10352083-dev-blog:-dungeon-keys/chest-rewards-&-new-inventory-tab

So, the changes is going live and all that feedback was just thrown in the trash...
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • Options
    tutelo#5367 tutelo Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    LOL I was just gonna post this @lordseth1985. They basically copy-pasted @mimicking#6533 post into the news section. How unoriginal.

Devs, what we were expecting is a better explanation on your changes. Right now, the patch notes and the Dev blog on these changes feel like a fluff piece. Nothing it says helps to ease our concerns.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

ghostapp said:

Warning. Incoming wall of text.

Here is some of my "wisdom". Stop using dungeons as a way to obtain gear to run those same dungeons. Dungeons are an end game content and as such they should be left for end gamer. Meaning that you should use campaigns as a way for character progression and end game dungeons to get more exclusive items or a way for end game players to get and sell highly valued items to get money they can spend on fine tuning their toon or their alts the results will be much bettet than they are now. Right now the state is that i am forced to run high end dungeon just to get gear to farm that dungeon in 5min to get nothing in return. I agree that if u give out more expensive items to all the AH will colapse. But if you limit giving those items to players who worked hard to finish their campaings and get to the point where they can even enter that dungeon (wich should be superhard even at BIS but not include oneshot bosse but instead a high DOT wich actually gives healers time to heal their party) those same players will get the right to decide what to do with the loot. Some will decide to keep it and some will sell it to get other stuff and when the time comes that everybody has bis equipment than its time for a new mod. What im saying in this wall of text is give those who are capable and not to those who whine. Those who are not capaple will strive to be capable. And those already capable can focus on improving their alts or their main. And AH stays safe due to the toughness of the dungeon. Oh an P.S. if you want influx of money try offering something worth buying. It kinda sucks when you spend more money on a single game than your state of the art computer u use to play that game on just to buy something that gives you a chance to get a chance to win something. I know its hard to please everybody but i see a lot of people who started considering this game as a job and as a company who provides entertainment and depends on loyalty of its comunity it means you failed this comunity. You got an awesome game but its sucess as in all games will be in inivation and not reppetition. Thank you for lending me your ears (eyes)

pre mod 6, and the dungeons "rework", the game was exactly this: go to a levling zone, finish it, gbear up and challenge the dungeon of the zone to get even better loots. That's the reason why the last npc of each zone gives a quest to players enter those dungeons. And when you reached lvl 60, you could challenge the same old dungeons on it's "epic" version, so you could try and get purple gear sets that, IMHO, everyone loved. And guess what? AT THAT TIME WE DIDN'T NEEDED A KEY! We simply entered the dungeons, cleared all our way to the last boss and after we managed to defeat it, bang! our rewards was worth all that effort.
    And it was a lot of fun back then, can't say that it's been very fun lately...

Just by bringing back Dungeon Delves, a lot of the negativity around this would disappear...
  • Options
    thegrimner#3435 thegrimner Member Posts: 66 Arc User

@lordseth1985 That's kin of noticeable for me as a PS4 player. the path to level 70 seems incredibly more fleshed out than the end game area in terms of content and stuff to do. Sadly, as a level 70 there's not many reasons, if any at all, to go back to the beginning. My knowledge of the game's development is quite incomplete, but it does seem obvious that design philosophy changed drastically somewhere along the way and end game seems to consist of very little content that somehow eats up huge chunks of our time, and these changes are only making it worse.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    I don't see any mention of the changes to keys in the news article @nitocris83?
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    "[Inventory Notify] You received Ring of Sudden Defense +1.
    [Inventory Notify] You received Shattered Ancient Necklace.
    [Inventory Notify] You received 30 Seal of the Elements.
    [Inventory Notify] You received 20 Seal of the Protector.
    [Inventory Notify] You received 10 Demonic Ichor.
    [Inventory Notify] You received 50 Faerzress.
    [Inventory Notify] You received Shard of Shadowclad Enchantment."

That is from using a Greater Demonic Key on the special Castle Never chest. I think the ring should be at least rank 3, because Castle Never is supposed to be more advanced content than demonic heroic encounters that don't even consume a key.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    I'd be interested to know if there's been a proper analysis of the following:

the amount of dungeons run by players once they are restricted to the number of times they can open chests

the impact on the zen to AD exchange as more players will purchase keys (mostly with AD)

the current amount of chest rewards not accepted by players. My personal experience is that I take about 1 in 10, so the reward rng would have to improve tenfold just for me to break even.

the expected impact on FtP players, in particular any anticipated decrease in their numbers due to reduced farming opportunities - and any subsequent impact on the player base in total due to any possible reduced participation from the larger (FtP) section (the logic being that having a smaller player base would decrease the enjoyment / buy-in of players in general).

_

I'd also like to know what the logic is behind the paradigm of bottlenecking creating keys via campaign boards due to farming for the currencies and the 20 hour timer, and making players use that one key on their first run but restricting the other avenue of acquiring keys to the vagaries of the zen exchange.

The assumption made by most players (judging by the feedback here) is that this is to increase revenue generation at the expense of players. The more people need to buy keys via the Zen store, the higher the exchange goes, the more attractive buying Zen with cash is to a particular sector of the player base. If this isn't the case I think it would be in Crytic's interest to state the actual reasoning rather than the vague broad-stroke comments we've seen so far.

These keys could of course be made available by the dungeon keymaster in PE for a fixed AD price (the same as regular dungeon chest keys).

• Options
    firdraingfirdraing Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    Well, I am looking forward to the new system though... It's kind of weird that VT can drop a lostmauth's horn and eLoL can drop a valindra's crown. But even though, aside the part that loot from the chests are still at a terribly awful state (ESPECIALLY when you get 2x +1 rings from a golden Epic Demogorgon) I am very unhappy with the incoming content. The River District.

So basically, the whole point of the Useful Items Tab is... to help us with inventory space.

The currently incoming module for the moment looks rather like a joke to me. First you give us what... 10 inventory slots freed up? and after that you immediately give us this: You need 3x slots to hold reclaimed weapons/riches/magic. I dunno whether they stack so it can be even more slots. then there's multiple maps. another 3 slots. then there are those papers that you also got to buy to be able to use those maps. So what's the reason to buy them in the first place? Please, listen how ridiculous this really sounds, and maybe instead of providing us with the ability to buy maps, leave just the ones that you buy right there on the spot? Because you simply took away all the "Free space" that you just gave us. Please. Allow us to enjoy it at least a bit longer.
    Lastly: I think, that those "reclaimed" items should go into our Campaign Currency tab and sit there, without bothering us too much with space. Because it's a huge problem.

EDIT: After running more stuff on preview I gotta correct myself. It's a lot worse. None of the maps stack for the moment (At least if they're different I think) so that means it's 3 slots for reclaimed stuff, 10? for dig site permissions and 10+ whatever you create for the maps, you wreck the inv space that's already a major problem, by giving us 10 free slots, and then immediately hit us with 30+ new necessary items to advance in the new campaign. That is just sad, and I am certain, must be looked into.
    Besides, whose the one who thought of BoS alongside BoA in the first place lol?
    Post edited by firdraing on
  • Options
    darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    @mimicking#6533 @nitocris83

Black Ice Treads need to be looked at. Totally uncharged they provide no speed boost (duh) but yet you still slide. That's total junk since it's literally just a negative item I can't use then. If it were a downside only when charged I could live with it but otherwise it makes no sense at all since it's liable to get me killed in combat since I cant get out of the way of something. It also makes the boots worthless since I can't use them in combat. I really hope this was an oversight and the skating was only supposed to be a downside to the speed boost.
  • Options
    viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    I just found out you can't Split Legendary Dragon Keys any more. Can't split them to give something to 1 alt and something to another as once you withdraw them from account bank they all go in new tab.
    Can't split them in new tab
    And if you lag a lot can discard something from that tab too
  • Options
    darkstarrfoffdarkstarrfoff Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited January 2017

I just found out you can't Split Legendary Dragon Keys any more. Can't split them to give something to 1 alt and something to another as once you withdraw them from account bank they all go in new tab.
    Can't split them in new tab
    And if you lag a lot can discard something from that tab too

You have to mail them. No idea if that allows splitting them.

EDIT: Nope. Cant split them. Fail.
  • Options
    trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited January 2017

The never before seen pieces of gear that will be added to the loot tables don't look to be that useful in the long run but I guess they could temporarily help those who don't have their BIS gear set yet. The mechanics of them are intriguing but also look to be too much of a 2 sided coin to really seriously consider using these gear pieces over a set with no cons. Hopefully, these items look good enough to become popular transmutes cause that's about the only major use they are likely to ever see. I grant a rating of C- if they are all ugly as HAMSTER and noone uses them and B+ if they turn out to be great transmutes.

As an update to this small part of my previous review, I am pleasantly surprised to find that the new gear pieces are heaps better than I thought they were going to be. It looked like they were going to be near useless but several of the pieces are actually really good. Three of the new chest pieces offer such good stats for a TR that I would replace my current chest peice for PVP if I got one of these new ones. That's saying a lot considering my PVP gear is BIS. On top of this, these new gear pieces are highly desirable transmutes.

I think the best part about the new gear is they are highly desirable and an upgrade but they don't render my current gear outdated enough to feel like I am forced to switch. It truly feels like these are rewards and not a requirement. I will give Cryptic a rating of A+ for these new gear pieces instead of the B+ I had said before.

I would love to see more transmutes/useful gear pieces like this get introduced in the future as well as bringing back more transmutable versions of old gear that can no longer be obtained. The old profound PVP gear sets for example would make a great transmute to reintroduce to the game in the future.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • Options
    kanenankanenan Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    @mimicking#6533 @rgutscheradev @ctatumdev#6113

Please note I have all runic bags, max bank and near max shared. Even with current tab I can only liberate roughly 10 slots for looting while grinding dailies, dungeons, sh kills etc.. still literally at the vendor every 5-10mins and it slows things down considerably. Please consider the following;

Useful Items Tab: (Add these items to Tab)
    -Profession node kits
    -DF Bells
    -Ostorian Relics
    -FISH. Maybe a Fish basket group under the first bank of items in the tab??
    -Enchantments. the ultimate dream would be to see ALL refining end up in a tab that is not bags. TRIPLICATE enchants in the game. That is a TON of storage!!

I've spent a penny on storage, it would be nice if it was even more useful to allow for grinds of more than 15mins :pensive:

Thanks.
    - behold, halflings.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    From what I've been seeing out of this. It royally screws over people trying to farm SVA.

It punishes people more than rewards them in CN.

Most people farming eDemo usually open the chest regardless for the ichor. But if you're not aiming for the weapon set, it's shotgun buck shot to the balls.

For lesser dungeons and the skirmishes the rewards pay off more. At least there's a slightly better chance for something to sell.

But grinding for these new pieces of gear are BS. The secondary chest should have a DRASTICALLY higher chance for you to get them. More often than not it's just crappy piles of RP to clutter your inventory for daring to open these second chests.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

From what I've been seeing out of this. It royally screws over people trying to farm SVA.

And just in time for when the console players are going to start farming them for their legendary marks, what a coincidence...

Just a short-sighted cash grab by cryptic, directed at those of us that are excited about getting new, awesome weapons upgraded.

They're hoping we will just buy the keys no matter what, but nope, not a cent from my wallet is going to someone that pulls stunts like these...
  • Options
    Well the changes arrive in a couple of hours and the 90% of the player base who don't know about the changes are about to find out.

Time to go buy some popcorn...

• Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    edited January 2017

I would say we need Dungeon Delve event again
    I think this whole issue would 90% go away or may be 70%

Yeah that ^... At least bring Dungeon Delves back to give people the choice of running dungeons on a low budget (not everyone has the wherewithal to buy/manufacture keys) - or use keys to open the chest at the end.

I like that you are trying to make changes for the better. As I read the responses I think they all sort of sound like, if you are going to force me to use a key, please let me sell the loot.

Ditto !

With as much and as often as things change here, I am no longer inclined to spend a bunch of money to purchase something that will be made obsolete within an upgrade or two. I would be quite content (but not actually happy) to run some content repeatedly in order to sell items in the Auction House with the hopes of eventually earning enough to purchase required items to allow me to survive higher level zones (providing of course those items aren't bound), as frustrating as that is, it isn't nearly as frustrating as spending money to purchase something that isn't even good enough to run the zones it used to be before an upgrade.

But I would seriously consider buying lockbox keys if I had some assurance that I would be able to sell items I couldn't personally use to recover at least a portion of my expense.
    DD~
  • Options
    So I just read on the General forum that some guy ran 25 edemo's after the update, got two artifacts and both were bound and had to discard them.

How is this reimbursing the cost of the keys? Smh @mimicking#6533

• Options
    asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer

Monetizing keys has got to be the worst way for you to increase income. I've already spent hundreds of dollars in this game and there is no chance at all that I will constantly buy keys just to run dungeons.

It's completely fine that you won't be constantly buying keys to run dungeons. As you can imagine based on the volume of feedback, the team spent a lot of time discussing how to approach the actual overall economic payout of a chest vs. the cost of the key.

In the end, we opted for an approach that does not involve attempting to maintain an economy where it is economically profitable to purchase keys and run dungeons ad infinitum. In this world there's an opportunity cost to running a dungeon without a key that we actually don't want.

The place we see for keys is in progression and in hunting a specific bound item. If you want to buy extra keys to advance your character or for an extra chance at a specific item, by all means, please do. However, we're not aiming for there to be a pressure to continually buy keys.

You realize that if the loot was good enough to take, we wouldn't have been peeking, right?

Herein lies the complexity of the issue, technically we have done much to increase the value of any given chest, however, we are aware that the old peeking system allowed you to save your keys and thus, a return on investment could be achieved, albeit possibly only through dozens or even hundreds of dungeon runs.

We believe this was bad for the game, and by that I mean the gameplay, regardless of whether you are a free player or you buy keys regularly. Sitting on a cache of keys—whether they were purchased or farmed—and running the same dungeon over and over very easily leads to burnout.

I apologize that this system festered in this manner for so long. As a result, due to the changes, there are a number of sharp edges that we can now begin to sand down. We will continue to keep our eyes on the cost of obtaining campaign keys as well as drop rates of items that were based on the fact that one could peek, and some of those changes have already been made, as announced.

Additionally, we will continue to look for new and exciting reward opportunities moving forward. For example, things like unbound materials, which will allow for periods of time when a new dungeon is released where using keys with regularity will be a profitable venture while the number of adventurers running that dungeon is much smaller than the market for those items.
    armadeonx said:

I'd be interested to know if there's been a proper analysis of the following:

the amount of dungeons run by players once they are restricted to the number of times they can open chests

While I cannot provide any analysis for you at this time, I would like to touch on this subject. I'd like to unpack it into two topics. First, the idea that players are now limited to running the number of dungeons their daily key allotment provides for. (With the assumption that running without a key is not worthwhile.) This is something we are aware of, and there are both good and bad components to this. On the one hand, we like that the system encourages running a variety of dungeons (based on the different keys) and we actually do want to leave everyone time to do other activities without feeling a huge opportunity cost.

The second topic is that we know there are a lot of you that love running dungeons and would like to run dungeons all day. We are aware that we are now in a situation where after running your daily keys, it feels like dungeons may just not be worth it. Although I can't promise any immediate changes on this front, it's somewhere we're watching carefully and we'll be attempting to strike a happy balance as we move forward.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

We believe this was bad for the game, and by that I mean the gameplay, regardless of whether you are a free player or you buy keys regularly. Sitting on a cache of keys—whether they were purchased or farmed—and running the same dungeon over and over very easily leads to burnout.

Asterdahl - please explain how the current farming for SoMI keys to farm eSVA for a mere chance of legendary marks doesn't also lead to burnout? I need to run the same amount to get the same rewards, yet now I'm going to be frustrated that my key is going to be wasted.

We've said that how eSVA works isn't good enough. It needs to be like how we got the Twisted set - make legendary marks guaranteed.
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    "The place we see for keys is in progression.."

I did snipe this quote but it is not out of context. With how MSVA is set up, you will have to buy keys to get the marks before a new mod comes out.

Now we have both the RNG of getting the items we want plus the AD cost to have the opportunity to do so. Dungeons are now lockboxes...