test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Module 11 Preview Patch Notes: NW.75.20170104a.1 (Updated 1/17)

Comments

• bozzomalditobozzomaldito Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    Had to take care of the lightning that she is giving a lot of lag, the sooner to fix this is better
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

lowendus said:

@beckylunatic there is new weapons coming in the new expansion?

I thought there was a Dev post stating these "relic" weapons will more or less be the best for a long time to come and have no plans to introduce anything newer

seems like a contradiction :(

This....I read that too.
    It's sad they baited people into thinking the Relics are the GO TO for some time...

Sad, very sad to bait people that way into hours of mindless grinding only to make their efforts null and void so soon.
    essentially we have been lied to :(

no wonder the company gets referred to Craptic in game so often

really am glad RO is coming soon.

Just imagine how well this is going to go over on Xbox and PS4. SoMI should be dead on arrival but anyone that does it is going to be super pissed that the devs didn't make it clear that Mod 11 makes mod 10.5 pointless.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

lowendus said:

there is new weapons coming in the new expansion?

I thought there was a Dev post stating these "relic" weapons will more or less be the best for a long time to come and have no plans to introduce anything newer

This....I read that too.
    It's sad they baited people into thinking the Relics are the GO TO for some time...

Sad, very sad to bait people that way into hours of mindless grinding only to make their efforts null and void so soon.
    That's not what they said though...

In a previous post in this topic (page3) someone dug out the developers comments about the Svardborg relic weapons:

They would be "a high watermark" & "one of the strongest options for some time"

So, they never said they were going to be the "best for a long time"...
    Yeah, it was me. Kind of irritated at being flagged with a request to repeat myself.

Also, every time someone nest quotes a notification, it notifies the person again. Try to remember to edit them out when you first quote someone.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User

lowendus said:

there is new weapons coming in the new expansion?

This....I read that too.

That's not what they said though...

In a previous post in this topic (page3) someone dug out the developers comments about the Svardborg relic weapons:

They would be "a high watermark" & "one of the strongest options for some time"

So, they never said they were going to be the "best for a long time"...
    Yeah, it was me. Kind of irritated at being flagged with a request to repeat myself.

Also, every time someone nest quotes a notification, it notifies the person again. Try to remember to edit them out when you first quote someone.
    I'm not seeing any requests for repetition?
    But yeah, whatever floats your boat...

Also not going to browse through a ton of quotes just to see if by chance anyone anywhere at anytime is possibly tagged, a notification is only a notification, it can be ignored...
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    c3rb3r3 said:

Any balance changes like the GWF rework ?

GWF dosn't need total rework as in the nerf you want lol it simply needs to have the snetinel tree and specially instigator tree rewritten that's it to give variety of choices to how to make your build as a GWF player so stop whining like a baby GWF is a striker /leader class it's only feat is the DPS that he does nothing else take that away and no one will invite a GWF into thier party so careful waht you ask for you are not the only player in the game who likes a certain class or hate the other but think of those players palying other classes not to mention GWF has been changed a lot sicne first introduced
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    That was a generic request, and mostly aimed at anyone who starts quoting, as I agree the further the chain goes, the harder it is to find. But I wasn't just saying it about me... think about how many times the devs and mods get notified about the same post over and over again because somebody saw fit to quote it with the notifications intact. If you (generic "you") want them to be able to give proper attention to people's concerns, don't make it harder for them to separate the wheat from the chaff.

And the very first part of the nest quote sure as hell looks like someone asking me to regurgitate exactly what I had previously posted with regard to what the dev actually said. Yes, there are new weapons on preview. No, they did not promise the SoMI weapons would be THE best going forward.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

c3rb3r3 said:

Any balance changes like the GWF rework ?

GWF dosn't need total rework as in the nerf you want lol it simply needs to have the snetinel tree and specially instigator tree rewritten that's it to give variety of choices to how to make your build as a GWF player so stop whining like a baby GWF is a striker /leader class it's only feat is the DPS that he does nothing else take that away and no one will invite a GWF into thier party so careful waht you ask for you are not the only player in the game who likes a certain class or hate the other but think of those players palying other classes not to mention GWF has been changed a lot sicne first introduced
    Yeah but the destroyer meta is getting freakin old now. Has it been 2 years since sentinel was nerfed to oblivion to join instigator? As well as a huge list of garbage class features and encounters isn't making the class feel any better.
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    This all is stressing me out WAY too much.. but I do remember one of the devs saying that the ARMOR or weapons would be like Dragonflight and BiS for a few mods... I honestly think it's the Armor (Vivified)... if that's so.. this is KIND OF true... since the only comparable armor you can get is the easy drop stuff you get with the new loot system... this in itself pisses me off... yes, I know they have stupid things that make them annoying and costly to use in other ways.. and they have no EF resistance.. But if the Des make SKT content undesirable or pointless to run.. then who needs EF Resistance?
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    how about just making SVA now that we cant peek just drop the legendary marks needed, so poeple will be willing to spend time and money to get them instead.

As a person who mostly skipped, what I considered really boring content of mod 10, I would like a wider field of options, now that poeple have already gotten thier weapons pre key change, most of them have no desire to go back.

There is VERY little replaybility in SVA .. at all for those poeple..

YOU could also make the marks achievable via AH as well.

For people to farm and post.

edited January 2017
    I just dont know what to say about players atm..

Many of us, skipped mod 10.. hoping for better days and less grindy methods of playing..

So instead a bunch of you get all hissy fit about this road and basically want them nerfed to the ground before we can even talk about it.

Im sorry you did mod 10, but at some point the rest of us should be able to catch up as well? How long should I remain on the sideline? 2 mods ? 3 mods? 4!!!!

I think crytpic knows there are many many players waiting for the death song of mod 10, it was to me the most boring content ever designed.

I feel really frustated, that my hopes are so quickly dashed , because a few players are all upset that they did the content.

I dont mine a marginal difference, if the weapons are vastly less grindy to get.. but if your talking like 15-20% less dps difference, NO ONE Will get them AT ALL..

plus they did these backwards.. these shouldve been first, not afterwards.

That makes no sense at all.

I just want to forget mod 10.. many of us do, we want empowered junk TO ALL go away and go back to a more beloved Neverwinter time.

YOU CANT make weapons vastly inferior and expect ANYONE to grind them.. that also makes zero sense.

Why cant you guys just let mod 10 fester and die.. its no good, the quicker we turn the page, the better this game will be.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

the players who are busting their butts over this stuff need some kind of credit system to allow them to earn the marks that they have no luck getting to drop. Whether that's handled as a trade-up system from mark qualities or a token or tokens from a win, you need to do something about the feelbad inherent in not being able to see meaningful progress when the RNG doesn't cooperate.

Edit: This is why Twisted works so well. You know you'll have everything you need after a fixed number of wins, even though a lucky drop can get you there sooner. You know that spending the key will move you towards the goal, without question.

Well said.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min

the players who are busting their butts over this stuff need some kind of credit system to allow them to earn the marks that they have no luck getting to drop. Whether that's handled as a trade-up system from mark qualities or a token or tokens from a win, you need to do something about the feelbad inherent in not being able to see meaningful progress when the RNG doesn't cooperate.

Edit: This is why Twisted works so well. You know you'll have everything you need after a fixed number of wins, even though a lucky drop can get you there sooner. You know that spending the key will move you towards the goal, without question.

Well said.

I would like to back this up..

TWISTED was 100% easier to obtain.. I EVEN bought keys to get multiple sets early on.

But there was no RNG involved, YOU WIN and you WERE in as it was.

Now.. damnt, you have to find 10 people who understand things like how buff stacking works and stuff, run the content, get to the boxes to burn keys (EVERY single time) and you could come away with nothing for progression.

THERE should be set tables of how many times to run per ..

before key changes this worked "ok"

now its totally different.

They need to make some changes to how you acquire the weapons.

Also, there needs to be some sort of reason for poeple to go back.. as of right now there is VERY little reason for anyone to have obtained weapons to go back.

If these are going to be SO great for the next year .. you need to do some finagling.
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

I just wanted to chime in and let you all know that the design team is aware of your feedback. I mentioned during the time that Sea of Moving Ice was on preview that the intent was for relic weapons to be one of the strongest weapon options for some time—we will be ensuring that this is the case.

Module 11 has only just hit preview and we will continue to make adjustments before the update goes live. There's a balancing act regarding when things go to preview, often times certain features will hit preview before a tuning pass, and I'd like to apologize for the frustration this can cause.

That being said, I'd also like to clarify the place we see these new, ascended weapons vis-à-vis their relic counterparts. Many of you have pointed to twisted weapons being stronger than their elemental counterparts, this is the relationship we are aiming for when comparing ascended weapons with relic weapons. If you'll recall, twisted weapons and elemental weapons shared the same item level, with the set bonus setting twisted apart from its contemporaries.

It's possible that the ascended weapons set bonuses are too strong, so we'll be taking a look at their set bonuses, as well as how difficult the weapons are to obtain and making adjustments. Ascended weapons are designed to be a slightly inferior and more narrow option for those to whom the relic weapons remain out-of-reach or as a stepping stone towards reaching those weapons. Your continued feedback as we make our final adjustments is invaluable and we appreciate it.

Rest assured we will absolutely not be releasing ascended weapons in a state that obsoletes relic weapons. In truth, we will be aiming to ensure that relic weapons are still the optimal choice.

is the team also aware of the the feedback for how MSVA is currently implemented? Time spent getting keys vs chance at top tier rewards?

Literally everyone hates how it is currently implemented. You need to at least add a dungeon chest to it with the possibility to get ANY of orange marks in its loot table
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
    I already feel like this new "mod" will be a huge waste of time.

sigh.. see you in another mod I guess.

Cryptic seems desitined to continue driving poeple away.

you made some mistakes with mod 10.. either fix them now that the key change is in effect, or let it die, you cant have both no keys and then run ESVA and never get the marks you need.

It just is way to over the top..

PRE key changes, that might have worked, but not post.

now that you have already cowtailed to the players whining, no one will get htese new weapons either..

So that leaves some players in a position NOT being able to get anything at all..

NO one who got weapons PRE key change, should have ANY input on new weapons.. this is BEYOND ludicrous.

they got a freebie pass, now complain about it.

Unbelievable.

• hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    @silverkelt :

"So instead a bunch of you get all hissy fit about this road and basically want them nerfed to the ground before we can even talk about it. "

We want fireSoul to be nerfed cause it is broken mate.It is broken in its current state and it will break 3 classes in pve/pvp.GWF,GF and OP.

let me remind you what we talk about:

"Firesoul: When you damage an enemy, there is a chance you become Fortified, which increases your defense by 5% and adds your Defense to your Power, to a max of 30% increase of your total Power."

^^
    Does that seems balanced to you? Do you know how much defense some GFs have and how easy GWFs can reach that amounbt aswell?

Can you guess how many ways this can be bugged? Even with capped unbuffed defense rating it already is OP..Imagine the interactions ,how may items give defense bonus in the game and assure us that even one of them will not be left out in quality check.

Does bondings count?Does defense bonuses count? (companions ? etc...)

example: I have 28,500 defense with bondings .If i had FireSoul weapons i could have 23,75% damage bonus.Compare this to a mere 10% from relic(which is incosistant to get :/ ) .And ofcourse i do not have in all my gear defensive slots azures ,just in 2 slots of companion avenger gear.Rest are darks,brutals,cruels.Imagine if GFs turn all their slots into azures...And i have relic raid.I cannot even think how much defense you can get if you invest heavily into any defense oriented armor and gear available.

"the rest of us should be able to catch up as well?"

Ofcourse you should man.But fireSoul at its current form gives to some classes 20-30% more damage than relic ....
    This is not a catch up.This is an olympic triploon jump over relic users.And with minimal effort.

"I dont mine a marginal difference, if the weapons are vastly less grindy to get.. but if your talking like 15-20% less dps difference, NO ONE Will get them AT ALL.. "

What 15-20% less dps? FireSoul atm gives 20% more!!!! :)

"YOU CANT make weapons vastly inferior and expect ANYONE to grind them.. that also makes zero sense"

They are on par on weapon damage and offer a more consistent damge bonus ,3%.FireSoul gives with the right build 20-30% more damage.

I will write again the current form of FireSoul weapons.

Firesoul: When you damage an enemy, there is a chance you become Fortified, which increases your defense by 5% and adds your Defense to your Power, to a max of 30% increase of your total Power.
    asterdahl said:

I just wanted to chime in and let you all know that the design team is aware of your feedback. I mentioned during the time that Sea of Moving Ice was on preview that the intent was for relic weapons to be one of the strongest weapon options for some time—we will be ensuring that this is the case.

Module 11 has only just hit preview and we will continue to make adjustments before the update goes live. There's a balancing act regarding when things go to preview, often times certain features will hit preview before a tuning pass, and I'd like to apologize for the frustration this can cause.

That being said, I'd also like to clarify the place we see these new, ascended weapons vis-à-vis their relic counterparts. Many of you have pointed to twisted weapons being stronger than their elemental counterparts, this is the relationship we are aiming for when comparing ascended weapons with relic weapons. If you'll recall, twisted weapons and elemental weapons shared the same item level, with the set bonus setting twisted apart from its contemporaries.

It's possible that the ascended weapons set bonuses are too strong, so we'll be taking a look at their set bonuses, as well as how difficult the weapons are to obtain and making adjustments. Ascended weapons are designed to be a slightly inferior and more narrow option for those to whom the relic weapons remain out-of-reach or as a stepping stone towards reaching those weapons. Your continued feedback as we make our final adjustments is invaluable and we appreciate it.

Rest assured we will absolutely not be releasing ascended weapons in a state that obsoletes relic weapons. In truth, we will be aiming to ensure that relic weapons are still the optimal choice.

This is VERY encouraging :D. I really hope you guys pay attention to all the different ways that seasoned EXPLOITERS can twist your intentions into a "work around" of actually earning something in game. :D. That flame w/e set is a big deal.. with it's ability to increase Power based on Defense... then add w/e you get from AA power and TR's have that daily taht gives crazy amount of Power too... then w/e other non-WAI things people find that make more power trivialize game content.

I've been around game for a few years.. and i see that you guys tend to over look that often times you ADD to the game the same kinda thing you NERFED out of another part of the game... like Damage Immunity in content... nerf the OP bubble.. and teh same patch introduce an Anointed Army Damage Immunity bug.

Sure. the preview server is supposed to help prevent such issues.. but 1... often times people come to Preview Server to find an exploit and not say anything then use it on Live... and 2. I do believe the AA bug was mentioned on the preview server before it went Live and no one did anything about it.

I get the feeling you guys Exploit the Exploiters... and honestly.. I've rather you make your money from Exploiters and PvPer than from me.. BUT... there's got to be some reasonable balance here... don't kill SKT content and the SOCIAL progress that has come with it, jsut to make money from people that are drooling over the possibility of being Uber Easily.

Another point.. I've seen you guys introduce content that is clearly superior to the normal way people do things.. Like the Weapon Restoration system.. this system is VASTLY superior for young and upcoming toons to get what they need to access end game content than what was the previous system... but... the more influential Old Timers in game cried and provided MISinformation that demotivated people from participating in the system and content which had the effect of making the content more difficult than it really had to be,

You guys have GOT to be more effective in counteracting the Mis-information provided (even in thread) that demotivates people from pursuing progress in game until it's too late to effectively do that.

From what you've said above.. It seems (I hope) that the new new weapons will be something people can get more or less solo... no really heavy cost to get these weapons so.. they have something interesting and relatively easy to do to progress their toons. the effect this will actually SUPPORT and EXPAND the viability of SKT because these other, more developed players with their toons will be able to participate in FBI and esva in a more useful manner. The FBI and eSVA runs will be smoother and easier because the members of the parties doing it will be stronger and provide more dps to the party and it won't be 3 strong dpsers carrying the whole team.

IF this is how it all works out.. i'll be as suprised and PLEASED as I was as I began to truly understand how Mod 10 was designed to work and support the low to mid IL players out there. But, you goota make sure the elitists... Exploiters... and Intellectually Lazy people don't have more pull with the game community than you do. I've tried to fight the good fight and provide a Custom Chat Channel where people can get ACCURATE information and Motivation to continue the grind and progress their toons... but, the Old Boys Club of Elitists and Solists are well established in this game's power (influence = power in this context) structure.

If Mod 11 COMPLIMENTS Mod 10 instead of invalidates it.. this will be an AWESOME change in the standard operation procedures of Cryptic imo. Here's to Hoping for the best. *raises a glass*

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided

how about just making SVA now that we cant peek just drop the legendary marks needed, so poeple will be willing to spend time and money to get them instead.

As a person who mostly skipped, what I considered really boring content of mod 10, I would like a wider field of options, now that poeple have already gotten thier weapons pre key change, most of them have no desire to go back.

There is VERY little replaybility in SVA .. at all for those poeple..

YOU could also make the marks achievable via AH as well.

For people to farm and post.

My SKT3K is full of people running esva ... and FBI... please don't act like you and your circle of friends are the only ones in game.

With the previous Dev Comment.. it looks like esva runs will be MORE accessible and more benefitial over the long term.

We STILL are able to recruit many more people into our channel daily.. and several fo our members are getting their support toons to the point they can do esva with us now too. esva is the only way to make relic Vivified... which more and more people are focusing on doing now as well. Not to mention that other people like myself are further expanding their collection of alts and with the marks being bound to account... that's a big score. not including the fact that alts can make more keys for other content that require the keys.. and lower IL content gives decent rewards sometime now.

This game is DEFINITELY headed the right direction for low to mid ranged IL: players.. and this is mostly at the expense of End gamers and elitists.. which I'm SO very ok with.. why? because we end gamers that actually playing to our potential and working with other people can AFFORD it.

I'm actually LOVING how sinse mod 7 the devs are kinda arm twisting the anti-social Soloists into doing some USEFUL for other people... unlike before :D

• lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    asterdahl said:

Thanks for the clarification! As another bit of feedback: Please, please PLEASE do not make the grind for the Ascended weapons anywhere near as RNG-gated as the Relic weapons. With the extreme rarity of gold marks and the inability to conserve keys, it takes literally hundreds of mSVA runs over the course of months of SOMI grind for anyone who missed the key-conserving era to get the marks for Relic weapons. Something more like the Twisted weapons - where a Gold run on Demogorgon gets you guaranteed progress towards your Twisted set, meaning each key has value and you never "waste" a key - would be much better.

I just dont know what to say about players atm..

Many of us, skipped mod 10.. hoping for better days and less grindy methods of playing..

So instead a bunch of you get all hissy fit about this road and basically want them nerfed to the ground before we can even talk about it.

Im sorry you did mod 10, but at some point the rest of us should be able to catch up as well? How long should I remain on the sideline? 2 mods ? 3 mods? 4!!!!

I think crytpic knows there are many many players waiting for the death song of mod 10, it was to me the most boring content ever designed.

I feel really frustated, that my hopes are so quickly dashed , because a few players are all upset that they did the content.

I dont mine a marginal difference, if the weapons are vastly less grindy to get.. but if your talking like 15-20% less dps difference, NO ONE Will get them AT ALL..

plus they did these backwards.. these shouldve been first, not afterwards.

That makes no sense at all.

I just want to forget mod 10.. many of us do, we want empowered junk TO ALL go away and go back to a more beloved Neverwinter time.

YOU CANT make weapons vastly inferior and expect ANYONE to grind them.. that also makes zero sense.

Why cant you guys just let mod 10 fester and die.. its no good, the quicker we turn the page, the better this game will be.

You chose to SELF -NERF... it wasn't the Dev's fault so they aren't obligated to UN-SELF-NERF you. You STILL have options to get Relic Weapons.. even cheaper and easier than others before you.. and you'll have that option with the new weapons in mod 11 (if they make it to where Relic is Still superior and when most people get the Ascended Weapons)....

Self Nerfing is bad kids.... mmmmhhhkaaayy?

This discussion has been closed.