test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Mod10.5 weapons, how many hoops..?

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
Not having preview, can some helpful person either point me to a link on what's involved in getting them, or summarize the steps required..?

Wanna know how much insanity I'm in for.
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    From the forum we're not allowed to link to:
    Peach said:

We also get new artifact weapons.
    As Scourge Warlock, they are named Hexweaver, like the relic gear from Fangbreaker Island.
    SW main Hand: http://prnt.sc/cor3x0
    SW off Hand: http://prnt.sc/cor3x0
    Getting those new weapons, probably won't be that easy. After finishing several zone intro quests, including fishing quest, you get rotten weapon pieces as last quest reward. Same as relic gear, you need to restore them. :/
    SW main Hand: http://prnt.sc/cor5ja
    30000x Voninblod
    3x Ostorian Residuum (treasure maps)
    5x Runechanged Ink (fishing)
    40x Reclaimed Rune (daily quest)
    1x Frozenfar Mistletoe (HE reward - new zone)
    1x Bibliothol (Weaponsmithing rank 25 - 20x Lanolin, 1x Northern Animal Fat, 10x Slaked Lime)
    20x Dragon Turtle Moult (HE reward)

SW off Hand: http://prnt.sc/cor5br
    20000x Voninblod
    2x Dubbin (treasure maps)
    3x Permafrost Shell (fishing)
    20x Reclaimed Rune (daily quest)
    1x Evermelt Spring Water (HE reward - new zone)
    1x Mane Plaster (Artificing rank 25 - 20x Lanolin, 1x Permafrost Shard, 10x Concentrated Residuum)
    20x Dragon Turtle Moult (HE reward)
    (As SW I need Slaked LIme and Concentrated Residuum from MW node items. Other classes can be in the need of those 2 or Silex and Sal Ammoniac.)

I8r4ux9.jpg
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    after u restore, the "marks" to upg it are different from other weapon, +green quality new weapons have wepon enchantments on them
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Is this the "vivify" process, or just the restoration after which you can then vivify, or does this represent the entire process (initial useless drop > restore > vivify)?
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    Not worth it
    kvet said:

Is this the "vivify" process, or just the restoration after which you can then vivify, or does this represent the entire process (initial useless drop > restore > vivify)?

Vivifying is for relic armor. You get the materials from a weekly quest for running the new raid.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    it worth it green quality new weapon offer better stats/damage than my legendary weapon
  • jamesbond007#6020 jamesbond007 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Im going to just stick with my cruel dagger of piercing
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    no its not worth it. I ran the preview using a 3kilv TR geared with drowcraft/dusk armor, water artifact weapons, r8 enchants and got through perfectly fine. getting the weapons is easy, getting all the items needed to make them useful is not. And since good ol' cryptic like throwing out new weapons and gear every other mod I can hardly see the point in grinding like crazy for something that has better stats when I don't need them.

Not to mention the fact that in another mod or 2 there will most likely be yet another armor or weapon set to chase. I remember back when everyone was grinding like crazy for the black ice gear.... aren't you glad you wasted your time? While everyone else was doing that I was still running around in my good old CN gear and weapons.

Then mod 6 dropped and everything had to go. So my point is, chasing a new gear for a few bumps in your stats is hardly worth the effort since cryptic has clearly stated that the gear they release is only meant to be useful for maybe a year. If you're a big time PvPer I guess I can see the need to get the newest and best gear but if you're just a PvEer, I see no point.

And lets not even mention the finicky nature of the RNG when it comes to random drop items you need.
  • khonradkhonrad Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    bravo ,, here we are running water artifact or twisted one ... now grind for these .. nice game cryptic ,, carry on till our eyes bleed
    edited October 2016
    snotty said:

no its not worth it. I ran the preview using a 3kilv TR geared with drowcraft/dusk armor, water artifact weapons, r8 enchants and got through perfectly fine. getting the weapons is easy, getting all the items needed to make them useful is not. And since good ol' cryptic like throwing out new weapons and gear every other mod I can hardly see the point in grinding like crazy for something that has better stats when I don't need them.

Not to mention the fact that in another mod or 2 there will most likely be yet another armor or weapon set to chase. I remember back when everyone was grinding like crazy for the black ice gear.... aren't you glad you wasted your time? While everyone else was doing that I was still running around in my good old CN gear and weapons.

Then mod 6 dropped and everything had to go. So my point is, chasing a new gear for a few bumps in your stats is hardly worth the effort since cryptic has clearly stated that the gear they release is only meant to be useful for maybe a year. If you're a big time PvPer I guess I can see the need to get the newest and best gear but if you're just a PvEer, I see no point.

And lets not even mention the finicky nature of the RNG when it comes to random drop items you need.

Twisted weapons were good for at least a year and this is about two or three steps forward instead of one. I would be surprised if the next normally acquired set isn't between this and the twisted set as far as stats/power.
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • eselweihereselweiher Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    I MUST HAVE the wepons cause im not able to do the current "challenges" without them so im grinding every module like a brainwashed clown - ole ole ole - offers so much fun! A good Friend of mine left cause he didnt want to participate in those cocksize contests any more. Bored off. Today i saw another friend and one of the best gwfs ive ever seen (he still ran with augment - 3.5k IL - always appreciated to buff you "THOR"!) selling his enchantments. "Hey what are you doing"? -Im leaving cause of the key change"....-.- Its a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up Situation for so many customers...and no response about a new loot table? If this get through without changing the chests loot they wont see any Euro from me. Especially the new Copy and past Trial and the new weapons ...the majority doesnt need the new weapons cause there is no content you dont succeed without them. Im not insane to efford that grindy <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like in SKT... totally angry about the situation and everytime i read the coward statements from the coward devs of a coward company im wondering about their naked storys without having a deal with the customers...with us - WE ARE the customers and WE want to appreciate YOUR work by having fun with YOUR created content! But..seems like..the sails are set....so...our sails are set and i advice to everyone dont put real money in this game anymore..dont be such a fool by the name of yourself. No more kidding, no more lying - it s enough! If you want to ruin your game just decide to. Im playing since mod 2 and i remember...ahh..the fun - but it s gone - just reminiscences - so guys..keep on sailing into the new Era of Hardcore Grinding without spirit! Without adequate rewards for work...without all the possibilitys this game would actually have. Dont forget your customers we re always there...but...we' ll forget to push you with money like you will forget to push the hamster rng and it s rewards....in that Case -->> Riot!

Debuffma

I MUST HAVE the wepons cause im not able to do the current "challenges" without them so im grinding every module like a brainwashed clown - ole ole ole - offers so much fun! A good Friend of mine left cause he didnt want to participate in those cocksize contests any more. Bored off. Today i saw another friend and one of the best gwfs ive ever seen (he still ran with augment - 3.5k IL - always appreciated to buff you "THOR"!) selling his enchantments. "Hey what are you doing"? -Im leaving cause of the key change"....-.- Its a HAMSTER up Situation for so many customers...and no response about a new loot table? If this get through without changing the chests loot they wont see any Euro from me. Especially the new Copy and past Trial and the new weapons ...the majority doesnt need the new weapons cause there is no content you dont succeed without them. Im not insane to efford that grindy HAMSTER HAMSTER like in SKT... totally angry about the situation and everytime i read the coward statements from the coward devs of a coward company im wondering about their naked storys without having a deal with the customers...with us - WE ARE the customers and WE want to appreciate YOUR work by having fun with YOUR created content! But..seems like..the sails are set....so...our sails are set and i advice to everyone dont put real money in this game anymore..dont be such a fool by the name of yourself. No more kidding, no more lying - it s enough! If you want to ruin your game just decide to. Im playing since mod 2 and i remember...ahh..the fun - but it s gone - just reminiscences - so guys..keep on sailing into the new Era of Hardcore Grinding without spirit! Without adequate rewards for work...without all the possibilitys this game would actually have. Dont forget your customers we re always there...but...we' ll forget to push you with money like you will forget to push the hamster rng and it s rewards....in that Case -->> Riot!

Debuffma

i.e. How dare you slow progression. Also, progression is stupid.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • eselweihereselweiher Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
    Sry :(
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    So you can't just chuck your old weapons into the new ones..?
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    Well, I haven't been checking it out as thoroughly as some others, but I found new refinement items in collections, specially made for the new weapons (I think it's 16 including new marks). Oh and if memory serves, some of those refinement items need to be refined before used as refinement. I haven't been on pts for a couple of weeks, and never acquired the weapons, but plan on logging on there later to see if the old weapons/rp can still be used, and maybe get a better feel on what it's going to be like.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User

Oh and if memory serves, some of those refinement items need to be refined before used as refinement.

This made me lol really hard...I hope it ain't true

I for once ain't gonna bother with the new weaps, don't have as much time as I used to and sure as hell ain't gonna put another dime back into the game to get them up to speed.

Since the coal/trade bar change I've lost all faith and I'm genuinely afraid there will be more attempts to con ppl out of their money only to cut back from the initial purchases.

Good luck to all o' y all that are going to grind your brains out to get them.

• lowenduslowendus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 322 Arc User

but plan on logging on there later to see if the old weapons/rp can still be used, and maybe get a better feel on what it's going to be like.

The way things are going, I won't be surprised if you can't use it at all or using it will give you 1/4 of your RP worth.

• forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    https://youtu.be/kEIDFabmdZ8
    I saw this a week or so ago, and can't quite remember how indepth it goes on the weapons, but it's well worth checking out.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

• remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    Just to clarify, the new armor/weapons will NOT use the OLD RP currencies to refine, after restoration? Fits with their efforts to monetize storage if true...
    edited October 2016
    remfdt said:

Just to clarify, the new armor/weapons will NOT use the OLD RP currencies to refine, after restoration? Fits with their efforts to monetize storage if true...

They won't use the old marks (new rare/epic/legendary marks drop from the new raid, legendary marks only drop from the 3200 ilvl version) . They can use the old RP but there is also new RP specifically for relic weapons that drops from the chests in the new raid worth 5k/25k/50k/250k RP.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • remfdtremfdt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 83 Arc User
    Thanks for the clarification :) Once "vivified", is the new gear also "always 2x refine"?
    remfdt said:

Thanks for the clarification :) Once "vivified", is the new gear also "always 2x refine"?

Vivified gear is just armor and you don't need to refine it. You can empower it but when it's not empowered it's still 150 ilvl.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • threedaysgrace69threedaysgrace69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Screw this new stuff left & right. I will rock twisted weapons, I'm not grinding this for the little bit of extra stats it gives.
  • threedaysgrace69threedaysgrace69 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The new armor can bite my shiny metal butt too