test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Increased DCs & server Not Respondings

sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
Over the past few days I seem to be suffering more DC's & server not responding's than ever before, multiple times a day when prior to last week I hardly ever suffered from this problem - even got DC'd at last boss in CTA today & back in time to still be in map but no chest reward.

Is anyone else seeing an increase in these?
..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

Comments

• neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Half of my guild experienced an increased amount of DCs for around two weeks, after the game became very laggy.

For me the DCs become more and more frequently. Today I got more than 10 DCs in less than 2 hours. One happened even before the game finished loading my character.
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    Sadly, lag and disconnects are very common in NW. A nick name for elol is Epic Lair of lag and has been that way for more than a year... they claim server load is one reason for killing the Gateway.. but lag and SNR, and disconnects have only gotten morse since they did that.

There has been constant speculation as to why there's such horrible stability issues in NW... from lack of techinical skill.. to horribly outdated or small servers... there;s been numerous claims and patch notes and extended server maintenances to address the issue.. and yet... still.. here we are.

NW will be a laggy and unstable game play experience.. that's the bottom line. Good thing is... you can eventually get the skill and gear to counterbalance alot of it. -/-
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    The "bots" that left the gateway more than likely moved in-game. That is my assumption, because I have also noticed more snr/timeouts since the gateway was forcibly removed.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

Sadly, lag and disconnects are very common in NW. A nick name for elol is Epic Lair of lag and has been that way for more than a year... they claim server load is one reason for killing the Gateway.. but lag and SNR, and disconnects have only gotten morse since they did that.

Just did my first elol today and holy HAMSTER the lag. Almost as bad as pe :/. Though it was just me, kinda sad to hear it was because damn.

As for the Gateway things does seem to have gone from bad to nearly unplayable at my end since they took it down. I'm too cautious to argue causality as I lack data, but the coinciding of the two events can't help but make me wonder.

Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    I have also noticed increase lag. I'll often see the entire animation for a power and see the cooldown timer start only to have the casting undone and the power suddenly become available again.

I haven't seen much rubber-banding (some, not much) but I have seen quite a bit of obviously out-of-sync combat.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    I have had to basically stop playing because the lag has made the game unplayable. I am sad. I am also telling absolutely everybody that I know about it, spreading the word that Neverwinter has the worst lag I have ever encountered and that over the last few weeks it appears to have become standard.

I do log in every day to try, but it so far appears hopeless. I am guessing, based on absolutely nothing, that they need new, big, modern servers.