test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Skirmisher's goshdarn Gambit.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
When I had 5 pts in it, reducing my pvp critchnace to 40% on the sheet, it felt like I was ctitting way lower than 40% of the time.

I've bumped my crit up to about 65% now without it, thinking about retaking a few points for more critsev, anyone checked that the tool tip is correct, and it's not actually reducing critchance by stupid% instead of what it says..?
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• mayday#2798 mayday Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    From my ACT log the skirmishers gambit tooltip proves to be correct

Also, if you want to take gambit, put all 5 points there
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Okay, once I've finished buggering about with enchants, I'll respecc.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

When I had 5 pts in it, reducing my pvp critchnace to 40% on the sheet, it felt like I was ctitting way lower than 40% of the time.

I've bumped my crit up to about 65% now without it, thinking about retaking a few points for more critsev, anyone checked that the tool tip is correct, and it's not actually reducing critchance by stupid% instead of what it says..?

Don't forget in PvP people have Crit resist... this may have something to do with why you feel less Crits are happening than should be.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    I just the synergy of the build of combat you are feeling vs trapper the Gambit works as tool tip just a lot going on in the trapper tree you are missing that gives crit the punch. But with you PVPing you gotta have the piercing unless you just like pounding your head against your opponents because it does more Damage in pvp than trapper.I do miss being trapper a lot when doing CN TBT. In all the other dungeons I can still solo the bosses even with combat Build
    Ara
    That 44% whatever crit resist - pls don't tell me that's like -44 to your critchance in PvP. I will literally cry.
  • mayday#2798 mayday Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    @jonkoca , it is not (-crit chance), it is (-crit damage)
    [/cry]
    With gambit I'll be up to 225% critsev with 60% critchance after the -10 penalty. So, game on.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    macjae said:

jonkoca said:

That 44% whatever crit resist - pls don't tell me that's like -44 to your critchance in PvP. I will literally cry.

It isn't. Just looks like wdj40 doesn't know the mechanics.

It subtracts from the damage inflicted by crits. Which means that at base severity (+75%), a crit does 98% of the damage of a normal hit against a target with 44% crit resistance. Crit resistance has always been flawed like this, reducing the entire hit rather than just the part that is added damage from crits, which makes crits nearly worthless in PvP for most characters.
    I do know the mechanics... I did not specifically say what Crit resist does or does not. I actually said in PvP there is Crit resist so that is why they might "feel" they are Critting less. Sometimes just reading something can make you see things in the game. I probably should have said it waaaaay better than I did so my apologies :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
    :smile: It's okay, I didn't blow any money.