test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SW Borrowed Time: Does not work

zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
SW borrowed time feat is not working at all since the release of mod10.
Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

Comments

• crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I can imagine this bug comes from the change, that there is no more icon below your character icon showing the amount of Soul Sparks. The Soul Sparks are only shown now in the middle of the screen. Dust to Dust was changed accordingly and still works, but Borrowed Time does not.

I linked this thread in the patch notes for the upcoming patch. Hopefully it gets looked at asap.

Edit: I just read the increase in life steal chance from Soul Sparks + the further increase per Spark from the Vampiric Sparks feat also don't work. That has to be correlated to the Soul Spark icon / stack change. These mechanics still seem to look at the character icon / stack for Soul Sparks instead of the wheel in the middle of the screen.
  • zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    Still broken on latest preview build :/
    At least 1 more week..

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    I fear it will last some time to fix Spark mechanic, also LS bonus is not added from sparks and vampiric sparks, as so deflectbonus
  • denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    I've experienced this bug as well. Let's hope this gets adressed sometime soon :)
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
    Still no fix. It's kinda amusing though sad at the same time that such an essential bug isn't even acknowledged yet. Neither in our complaints in last week's patch notes, nor this week's. No moderator or dev reacted to it at all.
    I mean, acknowledging it and fixing it are two different things, but if it's seemingly not even acknowledged yet, the chances of it getting fixed in a timely manner are even slimmer.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Just think about puppet and Morderous flame ...took 2years
    They implement broken stuff, like piercing damage from TR and now Hunter and even don't care about it, leaving PVP unplayable for Warlock. On top they break a core ability from SB paragon but no comment or fix.
    Other things that may bug Bosses will get fixed in < a week with very small delay.
    There definitely is nothing like "good will" towards the small SW community i fear
  • dreadnaught#5263 dreadnaught Member Posts: 19 Cryptic Developer
    Hey all, apologies for the delay on this being addressed. This issue has been fixed internally, so you should see the fix go live in the next week or two. With all the major class changes we've been making, we fully expect there to be some bugs that slipped by us, so please keep up the feedback so that we can get them taken care of as quickly as possible.

Hey all, apologies for the delay on this being addressed. This issue has been fixed internally, so you should see the fix go live in the next week or two. With all the major class changes we've been making, we fully expect there to be some bugs that slipped by us, so please keep up the feedback so that we can get them taken care of as quickly as possible.

That's great news :)

Good news. In addition to that feat, please make sure the sparks are giving proper deflect and lifesteal as well.

• fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User

Thanks!
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
    zeusom said:

Good news. In addition to that feat, please make sure the sparks are giving proper deflect and lifesteal as well.
    The Borrowed Time bug was part of a bigger issue with how soul sparks were set up, so anything associated with them should work correctly when the fix goes live.
    edited September 2016

zeusom said:

The Borrowed Time bug was part of a bigger issue with how soul sparks were set up, so anything associated with them should work correctly when the fix goes live.
    Ok, sparks are working but they stack past the 30 maximum...

• fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    zeusom said:

zeusom said:

Ok, sparks are working but they stack past the 30 maximum...
    Maybe it's that pretty loudly announced buff to SW survivability in PvP and it's working as intended? :lol:

edit:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12878447
    Post edited by fernuu on
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • tonyvincenttonyvincent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Sparks for Scourge Warlocks no longer cap at 30 sparks.

Could we see a fix, whereas sparks are capped at 30 sparks once again?

I do thank the devs for making Borrowed Time heal again, but Borrowed Time is way too powerful without the cap of 30 sparks.
    164814-albums6114-picture99368.png
    |Aizu Wallenstein|
  • tom#6998 tom Member Posts: 952 Arc User
    Pls @dreadnaught#5263 confirm that it is wai now^^ xD that would be so hilarious
    edited September 2016
    This is clearly unintentional, and we have another internal fix that will address the stacking issue. Some info on what is happening here:

Soul Sparks are set to have a cap of 30, but the power is built to be applied from the character's target, rather than by the character itself, causing it to follow different stacking rules. Because of this, warlocks are building up to 30 stacks per enemy, which compounds to the eventual hundreds of stacks players are seeing over multiple enemy pulls. The fix going in will cause Soul Sparks to cap at 30 stacks regardless of their source. This was admittedly an oversight on our behalf, but know that this is a fix of highest priority that will go out with the next possible build.

Thanks again for the continued prompt feedback, and I'll be doing my best to return the responsiveness on issues such as these.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 196 Arc User
    Cool. Thanks for giving us the update and clarification here.
  • geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I think i discovered the max possible stack value. I was not trying to exploit this just to be clear. Was doing a Malabog's Castle dungeon, on the final boss fight, the whole team died, but borrowed time was still healing me like crazy, so i literally just stood there wanting to die, but my soul sparks stack hit like 930, and then, I just stopped taking ANY dmg altogether, and my Damnation tree soul puppet mechanic broke altogether, would not respawn ever again after dying, it just became alll kindsss of bugged, and I could not just complete it myself either. Since /killme doesn't work at all, I told the team it was just bugged and stuck and to just vote to kick me, that might have become bugged too, because they said they were voting to do that and it wasn't working either, so I had no choice but to just leave the party and abandon the instance.

Just thought I'd share this in case its helpful in fixing it.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    geekguy79 said:

Since /killme doesn't work at all

@geekguy79 You can still suicide when stuck, but you have to go through the help menu to do so.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

geekguy79 said:

Since /killme doesn't work at all

@geekguy79 You can still suicide when stuck, but you have to go through the help menu to do so.

Also, dying, or swapping instances, or relogging you toon resets the sparks - we were having it bugged around the 888 mark - you couldn't use powers, but you also were immortal.
  • geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    Yea I knew swapping, dying, would reset them, but I was at the end of a long dungeon and couldn't do either. The problem too is even if not even using borrowed time, and even if using soul scorch to deplete them, the stack still stacks up pretty high, and will not tick down to zero out of battle most of the time. Soul scorch does seem to work properly, and only uses the onscreen new soul counter, so cannot fire when the new counter shows zero even when the counter on buffbar shows alot, but the counter on buffbar still gets way ahead of actual sometimes, and gets stuck and will not tick down to zero out of battle at all sometimes.

I don't have enough funds to use a retraining token to not be a soulbinder for the time being, so I will just have to avoid any long dungeons until its fixed.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    geekguy79 said:

Yea I knew swapping, dying, would reset them, but I was at the end of a long dungeon and couldn't do either. The problem too is even if not even using borrowed time, and even if using soul scorch to deplete them, the stack still stacks up pretty high, and will not tick down to zero out of battle most of the time. Soul scorch does seem to work properly, and only uses the onscreen new soul counter, so cannot fire when the new counter shows zero even when the counter on buffbar shows alot, but the counter on buffbar still gets way ahead of actual sometimes, and gets stuck and will not tick down to zero out of battle at all sometimes.

I don't have enough funds to use a retraining token to not be a soulbinder for the time being, so I will just have to avoid any long dungeons until its fixed.

If you had returned to the character select screen and back into the dungeon, you should have been fine.
    @dreadnaught
    @dreadnaught8525
    When the soulspark stacking was fixed with latest patch, the offhand feat for borrowed time got broken (no longer gives the deflect for soulsparks). Please fix this, thanks.