test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How long is it supposed to take to Unlock Fangbreaker's Island?

weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
I currently have Lonelywood and Bryn Shander open. It looks like you on;y get like 10 Reputation a day from daily quests. I think it says you need 200 Reputation to unlock FBI. I currently ahve like 80. Is it seriously going to take 12 more days to unlock FBI?
“Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided

Comments

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    In a word....yes. The campaign leg on the right requires 250, so get ready for a long campaign.

Have you looked at the requirements for the boons yet ? To get all five you will need: 65k Voninblod, 280 Secrets of Ostoria and 175 Ten Towns' Supplies. Given the other requirements, this will definitely be a long campaign :/
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    I'd think FBI will give some of the campaign currencies and Voniblood. but which, idk. but if we can't even get into FBI for like 20 days from the start of the Mod.. that's seems rediculous to me.

"Hey guys.. we added minimal content.. and you can't access it until a third of the way through the mod. You're Welcome. :D."

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    You get 9 reputation from the daily quest "Defending the Dale".
    You get 4 reputation from the Bryn Shander weekly quest "Blizzard's Return".
    You get 4 reputation from the Lonelywood weekly quest "Tending the Shrine".
    You get 4 reputation from the Cold Run weekly quest "Out of Supplies".
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
    It would be nice if the Devs would explain their reasoning for putting the time needed to access Fangbreaker's Island so far away. I mean most of us that have been in game for a lengthy period of time and would actually enjoy some challenging content have been excited to finally get some. FBI will be that... (hopefully). but to make us wait basically another month and give us NOTHING new to do but something GRINDY and monotenous to do for the next month feels kinda abusive.

I know that the company needs to make it's money etc... but even that motive seems to be something they have worked against themselves on. Sure... a lot of people may spend money to get to 3100 IL... to have access to FBI. (eventually)... but there isn't ANY rush to do so because guess what.. you gotta grind for a month anyways.

What does that do? Gives us a month to get everything we need to get 3100 IL without buying it with Zen/AD. It let's us take advantage of the 2x RP event and 2x Enchant and Runestone event.

But, then again... maybe the plan on making their money from more people using 2x RP to get to 3100 fast with the event. There is a lot of money made during those events, for sure. If Fangbreaker's was ACTUALLY available during that event.. maybe they would actually lose money because so many of us would be focused on FBI. But, if we can't access it.. maybe we'll just focus on an alt instead.. smh.

This is what feels Abusive and Manipulative. This is what makes me personally not trust the Game Company. This is what makes me less motivated to spend money on the game and causes me to not want to recommend it to people not already playing. I wonder if that matters.

At any rate... I think it would be wiser for the Devs to explain themselves a bit more than to leave it to use to speculate. As you all may have noticed... we already have a ton of Conspiracy Theorists around.. just watch PE ZONE chat. lol. Lack of communication from the Devs in areas such as this really leaves a vacuum that will be filled with moronic accusations from ignorant people. The Devs can't change the fact that some people are Morons... but they certainly can help some of them not be IGNORANT... simply by more Communication.

• sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    two30 said:

I don't think you can do all of these on the same day (Blizzard + Tending).
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Because of the reputation requirements, IIRC you'll be in Fangbreaker (assuming you unlock it as soon as possible) before you unlock the third campaign boon....

I don't know about the rest of what was posted by @weaver936 but I think this is absolutely on point:
    weaver936 said:

At any rate... I think it would be wiser for the Devs to explain themselves a bit more than to leave it to use to speculate.

Sometimes - very rarely - someone from Cryptic remembers that it owes it's customers some explanation about the direction it's taking its product. We understand the need to be somewhat cagey about the future direction, but once something has been released, we don't need to be "handled" or given marketing babble in lieu of a real explanation of the thought process that's behind the decisions being made. There have been a few such posts, but the simple and indefatigable truth is that Cryptic needs to make a habit of such things after EVERY SINGLE update of any significant note. I don't mean high-level explanations, I mean information that shows the thought process, the logic, behind the decisions that are being made that affect thousands upon thousands of customers. Are such posts time consuming for Cryptic staff? Yes. Are they a huge pain in the backside for a variety of reasons? Yes. Do the folks at Cryptic want to do it? No. But none of those things matter - by the simple fact that we're customers and that we are asking for it (and have been for years) means we deserve such transparency. Customers pay for this game, Cryptic needs to remember that, and more importantly: Happy customers pay more.

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Meh...once its unlocked, it will be on farm mode 24 7, and people will complain again there is nothing to do and that people dont run the other dungeons anymore....

For those already geared...consider this a vacation. For those not geared..clocks ticking.

People need to realize this company cant generate content real fast. This mod is pretty weak....3 new maps....and 1 instance. They need to make it last and easiest way to do that....a carrot on a VERY long stick.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    qexotic said:

In a word....yes. The campaign leg on the right requires 250, so get ready for a long campaign.

Have you looked at the requirements for the boons yet ? To get all five you will need: 65k Voninblod, 280 Secrets of Ostoria and 175 Ten Towns' Supplies. Given the other requirements, this will definitely be a long campaign :/

The last boon needs 500 BS rep too : |

If it's not dropping from FBI I don't think I'll ever bother with it.
    sm0ld3r said:

two30 said:

You can.

And that's what I hate the most about this campaign. They made the weekly quests have terrible rewards because there are three. I'm doing it on four characters and I basically don't have time to do anything else.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    When I have time to play daily with 2 characters, I will not mind so much. But now, I play much less. It is a real pain to have nothing new to play except daily grind in a blurred and foggy area.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • playersnoopyplayersnoopy Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    I don't see the problem; almost every campaign has some sort of restriction on it for progression which makes it approximately 30 days to complete some slightly longer and some slightly less. This campaign is one of the easiest ones next to EE and Underdark with the exception of that stupid daily Training Day. As for FBI it seems at current rate should take about 3 weeks (20 days). I think I'm 1 day behind on my campaign and it has 80 rep which is I believe 6 days? not sure So 2 more weeks and that should do it; not to mention haven't gotten to the 3rd zone so not sure if you get more rep.

Anyways what's with the complaints about it taking so long? This one is fairly quick minus some buggy quests and non working 1set bonus.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    urabask said:

qexotic said:

The last boon needs 500 BS rep too : |

If it's not dropping from FBI I don't think I'll ever bother with it.
    Ouch, missed that little detail. Looks like it might be joining the last two Tyranny of Dragons boons on my 'Probably Not To Do' list >:)

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Ouch, missed that little detail. Looks like it might be joining the last two Tyranny of Dragons boons on my 'Probably Not To Do' list >:)

Agreed - I have not completed the last two Tiamat boons on any toon; probably won't unless I'm so bored that I decide to run Tiamat back to back for hours on end (due to to the timer, not the difficulty).

I aim to misbehave
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    Look at the time gate in the Maze Engine. And since Stormking dropped they have effectively extended ME by 2 days since you can't pick up the next daily from Bruenor until the next day, even after doing one of the chapters.

I expect this mod to be a bit longer than ME was.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    I would like the time gate if the rewards in FBI were valuable and unbound. That means I can grind and get there before the slackers and make tons of AD. Remember the good ol' elol/shores days. I do.

But I'm willing to bet all the armor from FBI is BoP and the artifact is nothing special. :(
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I don't see the problem; almost every campaign has some sort of restriction on it for progression which makes it approximately 30 days to complete some slightly longer and some slightly less. This campaign is one of the easiest ones next to EE and Underdark with the exception of that stupid daily Training Day. As for FBI it seems at current rate should take about 3 weeks (20 days). I think I'm 1 day behind on my campaign and it has 80 rep which is I believe 6 days? not sure So 2 more weeks and that should do it; not to mention haven't gotten to the 3rd zone so not sure if you get more rep.

Anyways what's with the complaints about it taking so long? This one is fairly quick minus some buggy quests and non working 1set bonus.

Compared to DR or Underdark it's terrible. At least in Underdark I could run ndemo/edemo twice process my f-stuff and be done for the day with the campaign. That would net me at least a couple of rings and some seals.

DR you only really have to do the quests once and then you can run lairs once a day to finish it and before lockboxes mod 9 greater marks and the VT key made it worth running.

SKT on the other hand has introductory sequences that taking something like an 30+ minutes per character per zone, 3 weekly quests, and a daily with quests that can take 20+ minutes each.

Azure Enchantment, Rank 12 is over 2,000,000 AD on the AH. That is ridiculous! No one is EVER going to be able to come up with 2,000,000 AD for ONE enchantment unless they cheat or don't have a life and live in the game 24-7.

Technically if you run two T2s and two skirmishes a day it'll take ~40 days to earn that much AD. That's something like 30 minutes a day. You don't really need anything past r10s though.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • playersnoopyplayersnoopy Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    urabask said:

Compared to DR or Underdark it's terrible. At least in Underdark I could run ndemo/edemo twice process my f-stuff and be done for the day with the campaign. That would net me at least a couple of rings and some seals.

DR you only really have to do the quests once and then you can run lairs once a day to finish it and before lockboxes mod 9 greater marks and the VT key made it worth running.

I did say next to EE and Underdark... but EE has no restriction but Underdark also takes about 25 days as each bar takes some 19 hours to complete. So do it 20 mins a day or however long it takes but it still takes 25 days. OP is about duration on unlocking FBI; it's no longer than most campaigns so I don't see where the complaint comes in as most others have similar restrictions on time and amount of campaign currencies you receive.

• d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @pr3stigex even if items are BoE, the drop rates I have experienced over the past year of playing this game (in every respect) are utterly defeating and would not be worth the grind to me.
    edited August 2016

urabask said:

I did say next to EE and Underdark... but EE has no restriction but Underdark also takes about 25 days as each bar takes some 19 hours to complete. So do it 20 mins a day or however long it takes but it still takes 25 days. OP is about duration on unlocking FBI; it's no longer than most campaigns so I don't see where the complaint comes in as most others have similar restrictions on time and amount of campaign currencies you receive.

Normal Demogorgon and the Skirmishes were almost immediately available at launch of mod. Epic Demogorgon was unlockable on ALL toons on an account in about 10 days..

• arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    sm0ld3r said:

two30 said:

tending the shrine can be done every 2 days after u completed the daily 3 quest
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    arcanjo86 said:

sm0ld3r said:

two30 said:

tending the shrine can be done every 2 days after u completed the daily 3 quest
    Unless you're currently seeing a 2-day cooldown after running it today, I think you have mistaken the amount of time remaining after your first completion before the normal weekly reset for the normal total cooldown. Pretty unlikely.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Sorry but I have to say this. Shut up and play. Enjoy the game and be glad you have something else to do besides die in pvp or in old dungeon's that you should be able to do blindfolded by now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    I am one of those solo players, and nothing negative has come about due to the ad changes. Seriously just shut up and play. If you are posting you want to play other games, then you wanted to play them to begin with and just wanted to find an excuse to leave and bring as many others as you could with you. Again, shut up and play..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

I am one of those solo players, and nothing negative has come about due to the ad changes. Seriously just shut up and play. If you are posting you want to play other games, then you wanted to play them to begin with and just wanted to find an excuse to leave and bring as many others as you could with you. Again, shut up and play..

Way to go, your word rules, NOT. You can have your opinion, but others might have another opinion with good reason.

Want to know some reasoning why ppl are complaining.

1. This grind is alt unfriendly.
    2. The quests are boring.
    3. The quests are bugy.
    4. They repeated old mistakes, like sending 15 ppl to claim one item, that disappears, if one of them claimed it. They did the same in WoD and changed it, but hey, cant learn from past mistakes or be bothered to think back a few MODs.
    5. The INTRODUCTION quest was buggy, so ppl cant go on with parts of their progression.
    6. The visual effects give some ppl headaches and cant be turned off.

But you are right, ppl should just shut up and play. If no one writes bug reports, there are no bugs.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • kdblair210kdblair210 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    In all seriousness, I fail to see any reason to bother participating in mod10 in any way. This isn't a job, you're not forced to do anything in this game and you're certainly not missing out on anything by not participating. When was the last time something in Neverwinter made you say, "wow this is fun"?

Wanting something to be worth your time doesn't make it so.
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    weaver936 said:

It would be nice if the Devs would explain their reasoning for putting the time needed to access Fangbreaker's Island so far away.

Hi weaver936, I'd be glad to! There are a number of reasons we often gate a new dungeon behind some level of campaign completion but in the case of Fangbreaker there are two standout reasons.

One, there is an everfrost resistance requirement on Fangbreaker Island, as well as a much higher item level requirement than many previous contents. For those that don't frequent the preview server or read developer blogs, the new dungeon appearing in the queue list will be their first time seeing these requirements. We want to give everyone an opportunity to improve their item level and start earning everfrost resistance in the meantime without feeling completely rushed.

Two, it gives us a bit of extra time to make some last minute tweaks based on feedback from our preview server. Endgame content like new dungeons or trials requires a lot of coordination between our departments and usually isn't ready for balancing feedback until late in the development cycle. We're working to try to get this sort of content on preview earlier, but having the extra week or two after a module launches to get those final adjustments and bugfixes in helps to ensure higher quality content.

Hope that answers your question!

P.S. We're aware of an issue wherein on live right now there are no everfrost resistance requirements displaying on the queue. For those wondering the requirement is 31% and it should be visible by the time the queue is available. I apologize for any inconvenience the display issue has caused.

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

When was the last time something in Neverwinter made you say, "wow this is fun"?

Old epic dungeons back in the day that were never returned.....