companions for tank

Comments

• hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Goat

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Blackice_Prospector

this is from nw wiki.and tells the true companions abilities
  • cerberusforcescerberusforces Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    i know but in game i have wrong informations about companions skills.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    I honestly find it hard choosing companions.

I have many, offensive and defensive ones. But the only I almost always keep on is:
    Slyph: 50% control resist

I also think good defensive pets are rust monster, goat/chicken and black ice prospector.

I mostly run with offensive ones, but that is only because my gear allows it.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Is the 5% AOE resistance from the Black Ice Prospector noticeable? 5% doesn't sound like much to me but I have some useless companions at the moment so might be time to change some.

But slyph now is available, i dont see this companion on auction.
    I don't think ive ever seen the sylph on the AH, you need to buy one of the packs.
    so Slyph is unachievable fo me i try not spend money for zen, and zen in game for AD is very expensive
    edited April 2016
    Today i buy Angel, pls tell me with rune stone use in this companion?

sry for double post
  • zakienwarzakienwar Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    love my pewter golem, his knock down is great and he doesn't cause threat
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Get whatever you like. I run with companions that I think are cute. :-)
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    I ask here because in another topic nobody answered. Which boons you choose in "elemental evil" campaign?
    Defence, regeneration, recovery, Wall of wind?
    About companions i bought angel and now i think it's good. I have a lot of quests so it will be helpful "pet".
    You can get all the information you need to reading some of the guides, probably ppl can't be bothered writing the same beginner's stuff 100 times for every new person here . . . . but here are my thoughts

Stack Defence, Arp, Recovery & Power, maybe deflection in that order (maybe swap power / recovery tho im not sure if your DPS you might want to add in Critical Strike as well).

Regeneration is garbage and can be replaced by pots which by end game you can't give them away. If your running with the Angel, then Regeneration is even less useful.

Defence buffs ITF - so its the most important
    Recovery help proc ITF more often
    Arp is your best offense until you get to 40+ % resistance ignored, then its either Arp or Power

For boons you are looking for Defence, HP, stamina gain & life steal bonuses as top priorities, I would choose offensive boons over deflect (my preference) and anything at all over regeneration. You can get all of the Recommended boons from any of the guides - pick a guide that seems to suit your play style and ambitions (i.e. Tank or DPS/PVP build).
    I try create my char with 2 builds (i show this builds on 1 page). But they didt provide elemental evil. So i ask.
    I do tank so i choice Defence, regeneration, recovery, Wall of wind. And i only have know is this boons are good or no.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    If you can avoid regeneration,avoid it.it is a bad stat.

As for the BIProspectr Aoe resist is 5%.That 5%,since most attacks in pve are classified as AoE,it is equal to 2,000 points in defense.
    I think for 60k you cannot get a better bargain.
    Current price,last week i checked was 135k.it comes with a l.bonding.
    Buy the companion sell the bonding.
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    Does the AoE resist stack from Black Ice Prospector, Duergar Guard, and Leprechan? For possible 20% total?
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Buy a portal hound and you are welcome.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    Priestess of Sehanite: 3 def slot, ranged, 20% crit for the party.
    edited July 2016
    Hi again
    I still use my Angel but now i looking active pet (summoning) for bonding run.
    What do you think, which is good? Maybe duergar guard, neverember guard, stalford, blacksmith or something else?
    I found this list maybe, will be helpful.
    two30.github.io/neverwinter-bonding/
  • abmaiden95abmaiden95 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I suggest you to get something which can be good for the next mod where we won't stack defense anymore, so you have to decide if you will go for conqueror or pure protector (which at least do not require a companion with x3 defense slot) and maybe find something usefull for the party like priestess of sehanine, rust monster, stalwart lion or....?
    edited July 2016
    but rust monster is not a slow att pet and sehanine is unavailable now
    Post edited by cerberusforces on
    The priestess is aviable in the bahamut pack, i don't understand what you mean about rust monster
    check the list, rust monster is slow with att, maybe is not good pet for bonding?
    edited July 2016
    You don't need a fast pet anymore since bonding proc all together on his first hit and rust monster is also a very good companion because it can wear x3 waist of adorable rolls
    I wanted buy this pet in future, but I was not sure it is a good idea. But you convinced me.
  • zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    I just bought a Shadow Demon for my GF and confirm that it is a very, very good choice for active companion.
    edited July 2016
    Yesterday i bought rust monster, i know some players said buff from this pet is weak but i try play with this companion.

Firs test today and yes this pet is weak. "Hypercorrosion" i dont see at all i dont know it's work or not. And rust monster die all time, 1 stronger hit and he die. Nothing special not recommend.
    Post edited by cerberusforces on
    what level is your rust monster??? the effect is weak???!! it gives 23% dmg debuff on the attacker, i don't know what you mean with "weak" but it's surely not.... i've always used in CN and if propely used it is a very strong companion, i suggest you to try it a bit more and then let us know.

@zekehubris shadow demon is good as summoned companion not active and only if you're looking for a dps companion
  • zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Whoops, yes I meant summoned companion :-)
    OK sorry my mistake. I tasted rust monster on all dung and yes it's good. Still dont see ikons with buff/debuff but im glad for this pet.
    Now i looking pet for dps (summoned), which is better shadow demon or lion? I want use this pet only for campaigns solo and map dung with pt (not boss, on boss i will use rust monster).
    Lion isn't good for a dps build since it has x2 defense slot, as i said best summoner companion are shadow demon and sellsword