test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

50% off Zen market?

revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
As the title says, i heard from a few people that during the jubilee, there will be a 50% off all the Zen Market, anyone can back this up?

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Meh, it was hovering in the 480 range as it was before it was leaked, this wasn't that drastic of a swing. They overdid it on the ward and rp nerfing, so zen swung around to being alot more favorable of a item to have again.

Too bad, instead of just doing what I said, which was make vip a cash only purchase, they decided to make it useless more or less (its still better in the end to have it, but its not what they sold us) classic bait and switch type stuff.

Buy this and get that.. oh.. we didnt mean ALL that, just some of that, sorry, (here is crumble of cake, sure the ad showed the whole thing.. wasnt our fault you didnt read page 456 stating we could change it to a crumble =P)
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Too bad, instead of just doing what I said, which was make vip a cash only purchase, they decided to make it useless more or less (its still better in the end to have it, but its not what they sold us) classic bait and switch type stuff.

UMM this game is F2P so why do you think paying customer should have the chance to get discounted items and not other players.I am still pretty much happy with VIP since I bought it.Yeah free coals and pres were good but I can live without them.I will buy 1 year VIP in 2 months again.Only people are sad about this Zen price/backlog is market-players who buys from Zen store and sells at AH
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    There is I am assured a listing on the Preview Shard Calendar of when this "sale" is supposed to happen.

Unfortunately this happened LAST YEAR too after a Wonderous Bazaar sale with the assumption that just because there was a sale for Free to Play people (AD only, easily earned in game) that the Pay to Play people were entitled to their own sale in the Zen market.

I've heard the rumor of how true this Zen sale is vs it's only certain items/ % discounts vs it's a conspiracy from Cryptic to try to get people to stock up on buying Zen now.

Oi.

Let the Zen and AD flow folks. One should not base an economy on rumors.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I would be fun to see what a third currency to change for ZEN from epic dungeons only would do. Prolly dungeons would swarm with bots :)

Money-->ZEN-->AD

Epic Dungeon tokens--->AD/ZEN

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    They tried to hide the 50% off sales for Black Friday and Christmas in similarly idiotic ways, too.
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    Could we have an official answer please ? Is it happening or not?
  • hypnoticbeasthypnoticbeast Member Posts: 108 Arc User

Meh, it was hovering in the 480 range as it was before it was leaked, this wasn't that drastic of a swing. They overdid it on the ward and rp nerfing, so zen swung around to being alot more favorable of a item to have again.

Buy this and get that.. oh.. we didnt mean ALL that, just some of that, sorry, (here is crumble of cake, sure the ad showed the whole thing.. wasnt our fault you didnt read page 456 stating we could change it to a crumble =P)

I agree with this man. He hit it right on the the head.

Ok, but that's not the subject here...

Any news? I saw a few things introduced for the Jubilee, like 2XRP, free items in zen, and a discount in Wondrous, so i guess that means no 50% Zen market ? Am i right?
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    If pattern holds, the sale will be on the 16th as it was scheduled in preview. They have done this multiple times in the past and it works out great for them.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    kievitz said:

I would be fun to see what a third currency to change for ZEN from epic dungeons only would do. Prolly dungeons would swarm with bots :)

Money-->ZEN-->AD

You can already get ADs for running dungeons, so this kind of already exists.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    bioshrike said:

kievitz said:

Money-->ZEN-->AD

You can already get ADs for running dungeons, so this kind of already exists.
    If ya made it so that you cant change AD for ZEN anymore only those tokens available from dungeons for AD OR ZEN.

I kinda made it difficult to understand, sry.
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    ... and that would just be another change, that would only hurt the players, and not the botters at all.
    As a friendly reminder, anything a player can do, a bot can do too.

Anyway, back on topic, the 50% sale is probably going to happen as showed on the PTS...
    And if not, just keep your ZEN until the next Cyber Monday/Black Friday sale.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    regenerde said:

... and that would just be another change, that would only hurt the players, and not the botters at all.

Anyway, back on topic, the 50% sale is probably going to happen as showed on the PTS...
    And if not, just keep your ZEN until the next Cyber Monday/Black Friday sale.

Not looking very good wondering the 50% sale is not gonna push thru. But they have been evasive with these higher discounts before. The Jubilee has a chance to drop discount coupons, but it remains to be seen how much theyre worth.

Side note: Making a 5 man bot team, proper gear, atifacts, powers, managing the use of powers, etc., to run an epic dungeon and defeat the boss is pretty hard imo. NWO lacks random ID verifications, would help to fight against bots more efficiently than what they have now.
    edited June 2016
    Why would they even bother with creating a 5 character bot team, when they can just let the bots run with random groups 24/7? Some group will carry them through the dungeon, and they will get their rewards...
    Want to know why?
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    regenerde said:

regenerde said:

Why would they even bother with creating a 5 character bot team, when they can just let the bots run with random groups 24/7? Some group will carry them through the dungeon, and they will get their rewards...

Except bots are scripted programs, not AI. They cannot deal with random actions that happens with human players well. Bots are not everywhere, yet.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

Except bots are scripted programs, not AI. They cannot deal with random actions that happens with human players well. Bots are not everywhere, yet.

The randomness comes from an AI, which can be predicted or mitigated. During the reign of the bubbledin you didn't need to worry about "random" anything. You just needed a bubbledin and an AP DC that kept the bubble going and you didn't care about randomness. And a lot of the actually dangerous stuff has tells--red zones, wind-up animations, etc.--that can actually be much easier for a bot to recognize than a human. A bot can tolerate playing highly sub-optimally for damage/completion time if it keeps the success rate at 100%. Not to say it isn't a programming challenge, but at some point there's a transition from "too difficult to bother with" into "too worthwhile not to do it". Oh, and let's not forget that right now a pack of DCs/OPs can trivialize anything with suitable gear, making bubbledin days seem like well-balanced content.

And a big reason you don't see bots "everywhere" is because, for the most part, they know better than to run around in highly visible locations, and focus on highly profitable low visibility options, such as private instances (the ol' 8000 instances of Ghost Stories) and all-bot strongholds, appearing in public only during transitions/glitches/code testing.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Guess what's happening...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
    I saw ! YEESSSSS
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    for one day - better login today or very early tomorrow morning.
    I aim to misbehave
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Its 50% off right now
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

If pattern holds, the sale will be on the 16th as it was scheduled in preview. They have done this multiple times in the past and it works out great for them.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Winner winner chicken dinner.
    lol
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    what will you buy /if not count preservation wards for next 5 years )))))

inspire others
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    6 months VIP (to get to Black Friday) and 80 packs of pres wards. Really, you need to protect yourself from the crappy RNG. It may not be enough since I still have a bunch of R11's to make on four toons
    yeah I got 6 months VIP and a couple of stacks of Pressies
    6 months ViP,
    GF (i really hope the Werewolf is an interesting companion...) and TR Booster Packs,
    +16 bank slots for one character, it looks like i'm at the limit for buying shared bank slots...
    and one C. Ward.
    Want to know why?