test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boss Drops, a nerf too far..?

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
Running CN yesterday, I got nothing from the beholder boss, nothing from the cthulhuhead boss, annnnd you guessed it... nothing from orcus. Not even a peridot for spaghetti-monsters sake. The drop rates have been pitiful for a while now, and seem to be getting steadily worse.

Ofc. Blue +1 in the chest, and HAMSTER in the other chest.

I know you guys have kids to feed, and don't want to explode the economy etc... but really, cn is supposed to be the toughest dungeon, and the rewards should at least, I dunno, exist..?
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    new tier of marks from those and upcoming instances with for example r7 stones for 100 marks would be a valid option imo.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    Toughest dungeon should be coming mod 10 as for CN welcome to Castle Never Loot.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User

Toughest dungeon should be coming mod 10 as for CN welcome to Castle Never Loot.

Are you daring to dream the crazy dream that there'll be something worthwhile in those dungeons?
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    So tired of the blue rings every time I run CN.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    After running CN a bunch and getting awesome epic loot like '6 copper' and 'A green unidentified item' from boss drops I decided it's barely worth my time once a week. It's not that hard true- I just kinda wanted some loot to be interested in- even if it's just RP. :/ I guess I ask too much.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    I stopped running it 2 weeks after it came out. It's a waste of time now.
    They nerf everything shortly after releasing it.
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I'm getting nada from boss and blue +1 or +2 rings for over a month. CN is the only place to get sudden rings (not including Brutality) so I don't want to stop running it but damn.
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Going back and getting the EE boons is more exciting to me than anything else in the game right now.

Yeah...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Remember when the refinement system was introduced and dungeon bosses had a chance to drop a GMoP? And winning one was a pretty danged big deal?

Having a GMoP or very rarely an SMoP in the personal loot tables from dungeon bosses would I think revitalize people's motivation.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User
    If they can include a possible GMOP or SMOP in the Dread Ring Mini dungeons, why would it be so hard to place it in a real dungeon? --any epic dungeon would be nice. I have gotten both GMOPs and (once) SMOPs from the DR 'dungeons' when I used my wonderful glove--the only limitation is the 1X/day glove. Is that the reason they don't add them into the regular dungeons? Speed running eLOL or eTOS or CN to get GMOPS?
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    2 days after they released CN on xbone I was fortunate enough to pull a +5 precision ring from box ever since nothing but blue rings and a couple of rank 8 enchants, nothing but blue insignias and transmute items from orcus....
  • lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Regarding CN, I've had some horrible luck but the other day I got 3 or 4 pieces of RP, one or two free appearance change Items, one blue ring, one purple ring (+3), a Rank 8 Dark enchant and some other bits and pieces. So probably a 60-80K run but opened both chests at the end. Doesn't happen very often tho.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    My last run in CN I pulled a +3 and a +4 pair of rings.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    When i saw the title i tought you was writing now bosses drop like flies with permanent 285% stats( r12 x3). in 4 hours so many runs in x2 seals was very good;p
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    RNG is horribad, thats why.

Some poeple make out like bandits, alot of us know without a rng lucky strike, you wont even PER minute make more then elol (yes after 2-300 cns you can break this down and parse it) of course if you run maybe 2-3k of them you may get a wand (maybe)

Overall , the loot table is too dependent on this rng factor and yes, defeating bosses do not seem to do much (with the vast majority of the time, you may get a insignia you may not even need (Because you know they cant make them BTA so you cant at least pass to lower alts) or nothing.

Insignias are just done wrong imo, was at the start, blues should just drop as individual BTA rewards and they should be salvage for like 2k AD so there is a reason to pick them up , even if you have them all.

The roll loot on them is stupid.
  • raydrootraydroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 110 Arc User
    I can't remember when I didn't get a piece of epic gear from a successful Tiamat run. At least it can be salvaged for a few AD.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    raydroot said:

I can't remember when I didn't get a piece of epic gear from a successful Tiamat run. At least it can be salvaged for a few AD.

I get an epic piece of gear on every run so far, this must be pretty bad luck?
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    raydroot said:

Uh, yeah, when they last changed tiamat they specifically mentioned that it now always gave an elemental alliance piece of gear.

Of course Tiamat can be bugged to be uncompletable and requires mostly 3k+ to really succeed at anyway...
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Tbh. atm. I use cn to test rotations and companion set ups, with its mix of enemy mob configurations it's good for testing overall dps output under realistic conditions.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

Tbh. atm. I use cn to test rotations and companion set ups, with its mix of enemy mob configurations it's good for testing overall dps output under realistic conditions.

Erm...nop. CN isnt good to test anything. Trash is the same as in other T2s and Bosses dont move a inch. Its only good to test "wait for all buffs/debuffs and now BURST!!!!".
    CN is got so boring, that we dont test any in it, cuzz its uselesse. Cryptic makes this game easier from mod to mod. I think we are now at mod 5 again.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The old CN dit it right...initially it was hard - very hard and once you managed to complete it successfully on every run you felt like you had accomplished something...and yes...you were almost guaranteed a drop that justified the effort.

Now? Meh..new CN is a waste of time...in particular for non-dps classes where the Orcus kill doesn't even count as they do too little damage.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • abrams121abrams121 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    The pay wall is in this game is so impressive I half expect to find Jon Snow standing on top of it. Part of me wishes that would just make this game a subscription fee game and actually give us a better service. But I know that would drive away a ton of people. Wait... a ton more people.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

Are you daring to dream the crazy dream that there'll be something worthwhile in those dungeons?
    At the moment am just hoping they don't give us eDV as a "new" and exciting high tier dungeon. I wasn't happy when they released the "new" Thayan gear, if they say "new" they need to make sure it is new not something they removed 6 months prior.

• silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    desisti said:

And why is that never-ever Andy or some of the devs reply on threads like this one... Like somebody mentioned, when you start complaining about RNG not dropping anything for 2.5 years people look at you like you have tin foil hat and speak about alien apocalypse.
    I posted in one of the threads that I know couple of unrealistically lucky players. Guy is making enchants using only peservation wards (he made trans dread using handful of preservation wards) and got LM arti more times that he can count... on the other hand guildie of mine spent 60+ preservation wards leveling arti at 5% success rate, few days ago I burned down 49 preservations making R11(not a single upgrade went without burning at least couple of green wards).

Not to mention 1000+ runs on VT/MC/eLOL finding nothing more than peridot and some blue equipment.
    HOW is it possible that since valindra expansion i haven't received SINGLE BOSS DROP????

At least admit that Wi-flag exist, don't have to fix it, just don't call it "bad luck" or that "you are not mentioning having good luck opening 20+ profession nods without single broken kit" nonsense.

@strumslinger

All of this ^ +1000

It does appear that some people have much better luck on a continuing basis than others for no apparent reason; it doesn't matter how many lockboxes are opened, how may DR runs, how many eLoL runs - some folks can get a drop almost at will. Others of us, have played for years and yet to see anything useful or even worth selling on the AH (if it's not BtC that is).

The formula here appears to be:

New mod/dungeon/"something" - the BiS geared folks can run it almost immediately. They run the content ceaselessly and get a stupendous amount of luck on drops (anyone remember Orcus stuff on AH for CHEAP?). Within a period of time, could be days or weeks, more people are able to run the content - forum posts/in-game chat talk about how "easy" it is to get the "new hotness". Shortly after the masses can run the new content, along comes a patch and BOOM - the drops mysteriously dry up.

Forum posts concerning RNG abound for a few months

New mod/dungeon/"something" comes out - rinse and repeat.

If this game is going to continue to have stats creep anyway, why not give us all a counter. After x attempts at , if you haven't already received a , you get one. The counter could be high, say 99, as long as we knew what it was. This would allow everyone to become (closer to) BiS - some with better luck would get it much sooner, the rest of us much later (but we could STILL get it). Oh, and make it BtA if you had to run the counter up to get the item.

I don't want to get BiS after two weeks in this game but neither do I want to keep running the same content for three years without even a hint of a chance. While I know that there is no such thing as a "true" Random Number Generator, I also know that whatever we have now should be called the NYNG - "Not You Number Generator".
    I aim to misbehave