test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Heavy Lag

lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
It has been 3 days now, the game is seriously lagging. Not for me, for all players (from my country, Italy, at last), we can't even play. I read here and there many other players from other countries have heavy lag and can't play too. I'm schocked there are no discussion at all about this on the forum yet.
This situation is frustrating and i can't even imagine how it is for those who pay for a service like this. Very disappointing.

Running net tests from different machines, different ISPs, different places return terrible results.

Please tell us what the h*** is happening.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    voidgiftvoidgift Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 286 Arc User
    It's not much to discuss if everyone has the same problem. However, it seems to be quite fine on my end. That does not mean that it doesn't affect me, tho. Last night, I found myself waiting several times for my wife who was stuck in a state of server not responding.
    With dreams to be a king, first one should be a man.

Rise to POWER with <House of Power>.

The Exterminator - (NW-DLNXF3BGG)
  • Options
    xenamtxenamt Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I live in Italy, and the game has been terribly laggy for the last 5 weeks or so. Doing dragon runs in WoD, Tiamat, Demogorgon, or Castle Never is almost impossible due to lag. I am a 12 month VIP member and the game is almost unplayable at times, especially all the good dungeons, etc.. People tend to get pissed off when I can't heal them because I'm too laggy or dead from lag. We can't be the only ones. My internet connection hasn't changed and the game was fine to play for many, many months until recently. Seeking answers...
  • Options
    xenamtxenamt Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I was just talking with another Italian player in-game. His whole guild of 50 players or so are all having problems. Different ISPs as well, so the finger can't be pointed in that direction. The situation is unacceptable.
  • Options
    blinxonblinxon Member Posts: 567 Arc User

Running net tests from different machines, different ISPs, different places return terrible results

What "net tests" did you make? And which results?
    Thx for the link @magenubbie .
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    Considering alternative, not discussing problem is probably better alternative.
    Last year when similar (or worse) problem happened. Everyone was complaining in forums, and only thing we got was some forum administrators trying to be network engineers and explaining you how the problem is in your ISP, not in Cryptic.
    Anyway, try to find VPN service provider in USA, that might help.
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Yesterday evening, there were 8 of us on our discord channel - one person had terrible persistent lag for no clear reason. No one else has any issues (including me). There are many reasons why lag might happen, and problems with Cryptics game are only a small portion of that list. That thread, with it's diagnostics advice, is the place to start.
  • Options
    lucislatorlucislator Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    that post is useless. Btw those tests in that link and confronted results with the suggested ones

• Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I'm finding there is a highly excessive amount of CPU and disk use while the game is running... this has only been going on for a couple of weeks..? But yes, the game stutters (FPS drop?) really bad, load times while switching maps is excruciating, and while the game is running, nothing else works well (like my web browser, or even trying to load up the calculator to do a quick calculation of SH needs).

I've turned my CPU settings down in-game, so we'll see how that affects things.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    hammbo1969hammbo1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    I've had occasions where smoke bomb won't drop, or dazing strike won't hit anything despite being used - which is kinda frustrating. However, this is purely in solo play and my heart goes out to anyone doing anything complicated affected by lag. Not a lot worse in any game...