test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fast Proc Companion

superkwstarassuperkwstaras Member Posts: 68 Arc User
so guys, i am thinking of using a companion with 0 sec cooldown for my bonding. Would you reccomend a Shadow demon, a Zhentarim warlock or a Young Yeti?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    Shadow Demon. The active bonus is great and it does significant damage.
  • Options
    Yeah i thought it that way, but i have a question. Zhentarim attacks from a range but i think the Shadow demon 0 sec cooldown attack is a melee attack. So does that make bonding of zhentarim to proc faster in a battle?
  • Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    My 2 cents is that the Zhentarim does proc faster but having used both I stuck with the Shadow Demon. It procs pleanty fast and the melee/special attacks it does deals tons of damage, so in many cases, it is doing more damage to the target than you would if you had an extra proc going. If you have the AD for both, get both and try them, I have had this conversation many times with guild mates who went with the Zhentarim then ended up with a Shadow in the end.

I use a Shadow on my GWF and a Blink Dog on my TR and I honestly think the blink dog does a great job of proc'ing as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Thank you very much. You have been very enlightening. Do you think that after the 3.5k item level you need the damage from the demon or you need that little faster proc, especially when we talk about a rogue?
    Post edited by superkwstaras on
  • Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Reality is after 3.5K you don't need a companion for the "normal" content in the game unless you are trying to get towards the top of the damage leader boards. I am 3.8K and rarely summon my blink dog and only do it because I want to see him run around. To me, the Shadow Demon is a "cooler" companion in form and function.
  • Options
    liliadrakon#3570 liliadrakon Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Something else to consider in favor of the shadow demon is the fact that it has three offensive slots as opposed to the warlock or blink dog that have two offensive and one defensive. This means that you'll get the power bonus from all three bonding runestones instead of the defense stat which is not very useful for rogues.
  • Options
    blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    How good is Delusion with TR ? The Mimic Ability copies Duelists Flurry. Is it worth replacing Thief with Delusion?