test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SOLO eLOL

illhoraillhora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
edited April 2016 in The Temple
after a long fight i have finally killed Lostmauth, hardest was scorpions for sure.
Really exciting and challenging run.

Post edited by illhora on

Comments

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Wow, great job illhora. This is a feat i am confident i have 0 chance of every completing. I seem to lack the skills to solo much of anything. At 4k ilvl I just accomplished soloing the giants in the stronghold yesterday. CC is my sworn enemy.

Also 2.5 hours, i respect your dedication.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
  • lerapiso818lerapiso818 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    Bien joué !
    You made me curious and I tried by myself :

http://i.imgur.com/8YoJl6X.jpg

But the hardest for me was the first boss :|
    damn one hour, i am humbled
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    1 hour :dizzy: It took 2 hours from Lia Knowles to solo elol (BIS gwf) and it was before gwf's temp hp nerf.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User

1 hour :dizzy: It took 2 hours from Lia Knowles to solo elol (BIS gwf) and it was before gwf's temp hp nerf.

??? No? It took 2 hours in Mod 6 BEFORE the DR bug fix, mobs were one-shotting, a spiderling in eTOS would one shot anyone. Post-fix it took 20 minutes.
    rinat114 said:

Post-fix it took 20 minutes.

Pics or it didn't happen, lol

• taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    ? As i said before temp hp nerf... i didn't specify which mod :smiley:
  • illhoraillhora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User

Bien joué !
    You made me curious and I tried by myself :

http://i.imgur.com/8YoJl6X.jpg

But the hardest for me was the first boss :|

Thanks to you, lerapiso, you put my performance in the trash :)
    And i m more impressed by the fact you havent slot any HE def for last boss.

For 1. boss, i used the Yeti, Quite helpfull. Boss killed in 2-3 min.

I think boss 1 would be pretty simple, he projects attacks pretty well and is relatively slow

Boss 2 would be a nightmare as you'd spend a lot of time kiting. Our good spells have long animations which make us pretty vulnerable to attacks (falling rocks get me all the time)

Boss 3, i have no answer for the fireballs/rocks. Maybe its because I play at a higher ping or I just suck but for me an element of luck would be required.
  • illhoraillhora Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    For boss 2, i confirm the nightmare.
    As Yeti tanked the one i attacked it was a kitting and juggling party with Scorpions / one shot AOE
    and the final boss was not tankable by pet (tryed several)... i used a lot a def skill to survived and killed him.

So what has managed Lepariso to do w/out def skill on Lostmauth is impressing me, highly
    Post edited by illhora on
  • lerapiso818lerapiso818 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    I spend more than 20min on first boss, I tried for a long time to stay at range and dodge his spear, but it's pretty hard and random. I died a lot when he was close to 50% so I thought it will work.
    What I didnt knew was that he doesn't use his spear if you stay at melee range, so you just have to tank/dodge the drake attack every ~3s, then yes, the fight become easier.

But I didnt had any problem with scorpions or lostmauth, I think I'm used to nearly solo them in my daily queued runs :o
  • lupisulupisu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    In case any others of our Faithful following felt the same sting of the green eyed monster at the accomplishments of our Righteous brethren, here's how it looks like for us.

Acknowledgements to my shadow demon and owlbear cub for most of the damage.

Edit: And a big thank you to the OP for putting the thought in my head :)
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Careful folks - when people started posting videos of their Temp SW's running the old (read: hard) CN, we got all of the "adjustments", including revamping gear score and turning it into iLvL, that fundamentally changed the game including removing most of the good "old" dungeons that most of us ground through to get our gear.

I do applaud anyone's patience and determination on running stuff solo.
    I aim to misbehave
  • lupisulupisu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    silence1x said:

Careful folks - when people started posting videos of their Temp SW's running the old (read: hard) CN, we got all of the "adjustments", including revamping gear score and turning it into iLvL, that fundamentally changed the game including removing most of the good "old" dungeons that most of us ground through to get our gear.

I do applaud anyone's patience and determination on running stuff solo.

The thing is that with some 70% of my dps and about half my healing coming from non class specific things it's clear that we're back at a point where power creep is out of hand. The same thing can be done with any class as long as you have the resources to gear up. To be franc it's at a point where I would welcome adjustments to be made to bring the top back in line. Even tho the loss of dungeons was painful bringing back some difficulty with mod 6 was sorely needed.
  • exrenbonexrenbon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    The scorpions were definitely the hardest to kill, you can only tank their hits if you have both Hallowed Ground and Empowered Astral Shield up. If not, you have to kite them which is a lot easier if you have Gladiator's Guile and bonus movespeed.