test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

12000+ Stats with ring of sudden ..... ?

wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
So is it true that if if equip 3x rings of sudden power/crit/defense on a companion with bonding stones - you get that stat on your character.

For the little testing that i did - ring of sudden defense on my warlock gives me 7000 defense with my cheap bondings, guessing that a pet with r12 bondings and 2-3 rings gives like 30000+ stats -- is this working as intended ?
Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Tested it with a ring of brutality +4 i had on a alt

Screenshot 1 - without pet attacking
    http://imgur.com/RcwdFhV

Screenshot 2 with pet attacking and bondings (total 120%) proced (and 4x insignia procs - nothing else - target dummy testing)
    http://imgur.com/5fEyALh

Screenshot 3 pet stats (Ring does not show here when proced btw)
    http://imgur.com/e75JOfe

now imagine that with r12 bondings (285%) and pet dying (570%) near 24k stats per ring ;)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • Options
    looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    The demonic rings were not working on companions earlier, were they?
    I am sure that someone asked a few months back and now I am pretty surprised.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Its not worth it. I tested it and I have mentioned it just as a curiosity in my guide but basically, in any fight where those stats actually matter (fights that last longer than 10 seconds) The bonding stones get out of sync with the rings and on average you get less stats over all than you would with avenger gear. Yes, on trash you will have better stats, but the only thing that actually does is boost your epeen numbers on paingiver and not your actual performance over all. I do not use them and I do not recommend using them as a result.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I am sticking to the avangers as well (need arm.pen.) and i agree with you that in a serious battle those seem to be unoptimal still such bursts are imo not wai - it was already stated that rising rings (or underdark not sure about formulation) should not work on companions so i find it amusing that they can net 12k stats.

If a companion is giving more stats than all the player's gear it feels wrong.
    But hell being in a guild with the right boons gives more than the gear we wear so :)
    Post edited by wildfirede on

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Just do the following: Go to your SH, to your dummy. Slot that 4k sudden-crit ring, start attacking.
    Monitor your critstat, constantly attacking the dummy for 5 minutes.
    Unslot the ring and take that avanger ring (power/arp/crit).
    Watch your stats, compare the dps in the end, decide wich way to go.
    IN case your critchance is near 100% it is not that benefitial, in case your critchance is near 50-60% it will definitely give you a silly boost to critstat... also during a long lasting fight!

Btw. this game is nothing else than a "epeen-parade", look at those 100´s of threads of solomission, speedkills, 200mio hits etc. ...
    Somone who abuses every broken gear/feat/buff ingame having a maxed companions with 3 x r12 bondings, stacking them 6 times is doing so for one only reason...epeen , right.
    This game is nothing else, since you do not need any kind of strategy or brain or groupplay to master these dungeons, no skill needed, no special builds needed like controller , there is nothing like that in NWO...all about pure dps and who pisses the thickest jet :)
    Post edited by schietindebux on