test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Control Wizard Booster Pack

two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
It's in the Gateway Zen Market, although I haven't checked the in-game Zen Market.

Red Slaad companion, Master of Magic title, and the typical other stuff.
Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.

Comments

• Options
    lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Following the Lostmauth nerf, which is critical to CW DPS, I'm seeing BIS CWs getting out-DPSed and similar DPS by HRs and SWs which have about 1000 less gear score.
    I expect the same from TRs.
    GWFs are also affected, but they could absorb the Lostmauth nerf much more easily than the fragile DPS CW.

Most people that play CW play it for a DPS role, and Cryptic know this. They have put in their class balancing changes, and if this is it, the DPS CW class has effectively been killed. The concept of useful CW control has been a myth for quite a few modules now.

My advice to anyone would be to not bother making a CW, as of today.
    You can get an incredibly better DPS result building *any* other DPS class, for many, many millions less AD and much less effort.

Cryptic have released a $35 starter pack for new CWs at the same time they effectively killed the class off.
    I'm scratching my head...
  • Options
    phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    Anyone have the stats on the slaad yet? Also am I imagining that or does the cloak look like just a recolored lathander's cloak? At least on the screenshot it does. And the orb seems to be a recolored winter's orb. Not really impressed with this one...
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

lso am I imagining that or does the cloak look like just a recolored lathander's cloak? At least on the screenshot it does. And the orb seems to be a recolored winter's orb.

Yeah, they are. It's not very impressive.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9913953-now-available:-control-wizard-booster-pack

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mjonismjonis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 146 Arc User

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Following the Lostmauth nerf, which is critical to CW DPS, I'm seeing BIS CWs getting out-DPSed and similar DPS by HRs and SWs which have about 1000 less gear score.
    I expect the same from TRs.
    GWFs are also affected, but they could absorb the Lostmauth nerf much more easily than the fragile DPS CW.

Most people that play CW play it for a DPS role, and Cryptic know this. They have put in their class balancing changes, and if this is it, the DPS CW class has effectively been killed. The concept of useful CW control has been a myth for quite a few modules now.

My advice to anyone would be to not bother making a CW, as of today.
    You can get an incredibly better DPS result building *any* other DPS class, for many, many millions less AD and much less effort.

Cryptic have released a $35 starter pack for new CWs at the same time they effectively killed the class off.
    I'm scratching my head...

I'm laughing. It has gear to increase your control powers? What control powers? Most bosses/etc. are either totally immune or the .1 second of "control" doesn't do squat. Anyone dumb enough to spend $35 on that (unless it was an account-wide bag, but I doubt it) is just wasting their money, IMO.

• Options
    The Red Slaad is in the Gateway collection, but not the in-game collection. So we can't even inspect to find out what "Goading Fist", "Shoulder Slam" and "Takedown Fist" do. From the names, I assume Goading Fist can taunt and Takedown Fist can knockdown, but that's just a guess. It would need very cool combat abilities to make up for its crummy active bonus.
  • Options
    mirlegrismirlegris Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    Is not on preview collections ?
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I'd only get it simply because I like the companion. But the 3x defense slots is a bit of a turn off.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    mjonis said:

I'm laughing. It has gear to increase your control powers? What control powers? Most bosses/etc. are either totally immune or the .1 second of "control" doesn't do squat. Anyone dumb enough to spend $35 on that (unless it was an account-wide bag, but I doubt it) is just wasting their money, IMO.

I believe the bag is bound to account, but you only get the one, no matter how many characters you have (or have reclaim the pack).

• Options
    mistermob#7822 mistermob Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

mjonis said:

I believe the bag is bound to account, but you only get the one, no matter how many characters you have (or have reclaim the pack).
    ...will it make difference if 1 or 5 Controllwizard without controll recalim bAAG,, if team have ONE Controll Wizard the Spell Pla... opps, I mea´nt ...err, so its must be joke, CW not exist and all monsters are jusrt DPS no controll.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    The red slaad is in the in-game collections, but it's a defender, not a striker, so look under that category.

So just as an update - the red slaad does not appear in the collection until AFTER it gets placed into your inventory, (I couldn't find it on a character that hadn't yet claimed the pack).

Here's a screenshot (from live): photo red slaad collection info.jpg

The shield bash has a 9 sec cooldown, the dash has a 3 sec cooldown, and the level 30 ability adds knockdown to the shield bash, if the companion has combat advantage.
    Post edited by bioshrike on
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    This is just laughable. They expect you to pay a massive amount of zen for 1 defender companion and then need 1500 000 zen to level the newly bought companion.

To top all this they expect the weakest class in the game, a class that have been nerfed to death, to pay this ridiculous amount for a worthless package. Esp. now that this weak char don't have the protection of an OP.

They need to do a massive nerf to the GWF it is now way to strong compared to other classes. That is if they really want to "balance classes"
    Post edited by mynaam on
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    bioshrike said:

The shield bash has a 9 sec cooldown, the dash has a 3 sec cooldown, and the level 30 ability adds knockdown to the shield bash, if the companion has combat advantage.

Thanks @bioshrike. So the Red Slaad's attacks don't provide any interesting buffs or debuffs and are too slow to be useful. :/
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Sw took biggest nerf from recent lostmauth's set nerf. Set don't produce sparks anymore AND 2 of sw's main damage powers hadars grasp and harrow storm only produce one spark (used to multi proc sparks).
    All i could do is swap my gear to my alt. RIP sw.
  • Options
    lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User

Sw took biggest nerf from recent lostmauth's set nerf. Set don't produce sparks anymore AND 2 of sw's main damage powers hadars grasp and harrow storm only produce one spark (used to multi proc sparks).

I think you'll find that CWs and GWFs take the biggest hit from the lostmauth nerf (20%). The GWF still has plenty of of room, but the fragile DPS CW is essentially dead.

It might feel like "the biggest nerf", but it's the class relative result that matters.

I've seen a 2.6k SW and 2.8k SW in CN doing the DPS equivalent of a 3.8k CW.
    That puppet is still a DPS monster, so maybe you're just not doing it right?
    I'm seeing HRs with very similar results to the SW - equivalent CW DPS with about 1000 less gear score.
    Haven't yet run with the right TRs to see how they've fared.

If it's RIP SW, they're buried in far shallower ground than the CW.
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    damnation sw deals lot of damage in t2 content, or actually their puppet does that damage. I'm fury sw (il. 3.9k) and fury really shines at long boss fights -> spamming soul scorch. Problem is soul scorch needs sparks and there isn't any fast way to get them anymore (in boss fights)
    Lostmauth's set did maybe 5-8% of our damage, but only reason every sw did use it was spark gain.
    Now we are forced to choose hell bringer (no sparks and LOT less overall damage and survivability). Unless you want to choose cheesy damnation with broken puppet that deal millions of damage in t2 content, with buffs.

Personally i don't like exploits, so i really don't have any other option than just forget whole sw class and move on.
  • Options
    neirgaraneirgara Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Why should this pack not be account bound and reclaimable for every character, when the packs for the TR, OP, HR and SW are?

When you buy the pack, then you can Claim it from the reward Agent with every character, as often as you want and get the Equipment (which has mostly cosmetic value) and the Red Slaad. Only the 24-Slot Bag and the adventurer Pack are One-of-a-Kind.

Sure, the things in there are not absolutely awesome and BiS. So weren't the things from the other packs. And it would not have been BiS either 6 months ago or 6 months in the future. Sure, the control Bonus of the Slaad is not very useful at the moment. But it wasn't before they nerfed the Lostmauth Set either, so this is no Argument.

If the Pack is not for you, then don't buy it. You don't need to. If they had not released it, then nothing would be different. The release of this pack does not provide a disadvantage for anyone. If you would wish for something better, feel free to say it so. But there is absolutely no reason for such a jeery reaction.

And yes, they have nerfed the Lostmauth Set. Get over it. It's still good. If you are not able to compete in PvE now with a CW, then you are not a very good player. And if you fear, you can not compete in PvP now, then you couldn't before either. So, please take a break from all the whining and seeing conspiracies and start doing something more productive, that actually makes you happy.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    reskinned cap,cape,weapon and companion and a single bag for 35$ i take this as mocking CW's even more :)
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    edited April 2016

I think you'll find that CWs and GWFs take the biggest hit from the lostmauth nerf (20%). The GWF still has plenty of of room, but the fragile DPS CW is essentially dead.

It might feel like "the biggest nerf", but it's the class relative result that matters.

I've seen a 2.6k SW and 2.8k SW in CN doing the DPS equivalent of a 3.8k CW.
    That puppet is still a DPS monster, so maybe you're just not doing it right?
    I'm seeing HRs with very similar results to the SW - equivalent CW DPS with about 1000 less gear score.
    Haven't yet run with the right TRs to see how they've fared.

If it's RIP SW, they're buried in far shallower ground than the CW.
    My CW is top DPS in CN after nerf .... never used Lostmauth on it so I got lucky there ... I use Valindra set

And strangely the community manager's holiday starts on the day of the nerf that destroys players less than 3K and in smaller guilds. Guess the Big guilds are celebrating this
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    neirgara said:

Why should this pack not be account bound and reclaimable for every character, when the packs for the TR, OP, HR and SW are?

You mean it's not? That is a job for @terramak to address (because it sounds unintended). The price point is the same for the other class booster packs, wherein all the gear and companion are available account-wide.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options

neirgara said:

You mean it's not? That is a job for @terramak to address (because it sounds unintended). The price point is the same for the other class booster packs, wherein all the gear and companion are available account-wide.

According to the tooltip only the bag and booster pack is account wide the rest is only for the char that claims it ... again for that price? that is ridiculous.

I guess they figured with the OP and DC nerf fiasco people will be desperate enough for defense that they will buy this multiple times

• Options
    mynaam said:

neirgara said:

According to the tooltip only the bag and booster pack is account wide the rest is only for the char that claims it ... again for that price? that is ridiculous.

I guess they figured with the OP and DC nerf fiasco people will be desperate enough for defense that they will buy this multiple times
    Viewed on Gateway, it uses the exact same language as other class packs. Account-wide unlock, available from claim agent after initial purchase. Only the bag and helper pack are *not* account-wide (single item, tradeable... at least until used, anyway).

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2016
    mynaam said:

neirgara said:

You have it backwards. The bag and booster pack are 1 claim, the rest is account wide.

• Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    zebular said:

mynaam said:

neirgara said:

You have it backwards. The bag and booster pack are 1 claim, the rest is account wide.

i like how the tooltip is wrong again *hint* look at the bag.
  • Options
    The Controller's Celestial Cowl is class-bound. (http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1215482/) So until that gets fixed, it's mostly useless for transmutation.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    two30 said:

The Controller's Celestial Cowl is class-bound. (http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1215482/) So until that gets fixed, it's mostly useless for transmutation.

Really? They had to be reminded about the TR pack and will forget each time they add a new one I guess.

• Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    @strumslinger if it's possible, please add the item links in the pack description (in the zen shop, not tooltip) to allow us to preview it on our char. Now that we can preview stuff it's a shame we have to look for someone that bought it to link so it's preview-able.
  • Options
    ph33rm3ph33rm3 Member Posts: 549 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    mynaam said:

They need to do a massive nerf to the GWF it is now way to strong compared to other classes. That is if they really want to "balance classes"

mynaam said:

My CW is top DPS in CN after nerf .... never used Lostmauth on it so I got lucky there ... I use Valindra set

In the SAME DAMN THREAD.... TOO funny
  • Options
    Also, the Red Slaad doesn't have any Sword Coast Adventures dice.