test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

bug purchase from vendor in stronghold

metalldjtmetalldjt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,310 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Bug Reports (PC)
for some reason there seems to be a bug involved the vendors and what you can purchase from them.
I CANNOT BUY GEAR or MAPS
@strumslinger @terramak @asterdahl @commanderander
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    With a marketplace lvl 10, and all requirements, we cant purchase any gear, any food or maps in SH, it says require marketplace lvl 6 when ours is lvl 10
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    After the patch we are unable to purchase resource maps (explorerer's case) from our stronghold market "generalist" vendor. The tooltip on the unpurchaseable maps says "requires rank 6 marketplace" while our guild, obviously, meets that requirement and has for some time.
    On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Its not only maps, its everything, gear, food, all that
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @terramak

I noticed a weird display thing on the food vendor where some (not all) ineligible items have lost their tooltip display of what market level they'd unlock at. Since it wasn't critical (items aren't currently available either way), it had slipped my mind until now.

Only mentioning it as also a market bug, though less serious than the one from the OP.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • asterdahlasterdahl Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,258 Cryptic Developer
    Thank you for the report, we're investigating this issue.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    We are looking into this, thanks!
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    so AoE is nerfed and we will have more balanced pvp, nice :D
  • lorandelczlorandelcz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    or higher rank food, i got same problem in our stronghold
  • wolfshedwolfshed Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    States requires level 2 marketplace. Our guild has level4. Did someone forget to add the 'or higher' to the code?
  • terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    Anything in stores that requires a structure rank is currently evaluating as false. We're hoping to hotfix this.
  • sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Our Market is also now broken - can't buy armor from vendor & could previously - food is still ok to buy but getting no error message at armor vendor just nothing happens ??
    ..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
    UPDATE: Hotfix is now live, but won't apply to currently-running Stronghold maps. If your guild's Stronghold map still has this issue, you can do one of the following:
    * Work with your guildmates to have everyone leave the map for 5 or more minutes. Afterward, the next load-up should take a little longer (it'll reload the map) and the issue should be addressed.
    * If your guild has 40+ active accounts, load up the current Stronghold map with 40 players. The 41st will load into a new instance, which should have the hotfix applied.
    * Or just wait for the next shard restart if your guild's active enough that its Stronghold instance never closes.

We chose not to restart existing Stronghold maps, as we felt that would be more disruptive than the store issue itself.
  • darknessdestory7darknessdestory7 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    most of us higher guild who work on master crafting as well getting food and etc from our guild some of us would like to see this fixed
  • rusmondrusmond Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hello :), I have a problem buying scrolls, I was able to buy them before 04-22-2016 maintenance. Here's what happened.

1) SH Marketplace is Rank 6

2) Buy item at General Store in SH

Observed Result:
    NPC says, it requires a Rank 6 market

Expected Result:
    Should buy items because Marketplace is already rank 6
  • anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    Confirmed, identical behavior here.

Additional:

Similar behavior seen with the Outfitter.

we have market 6

we can not buy dragonflight equipment, error message "market 4 needed"

expected result: can buy equipment from outfitter
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • rusmondrusmond Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Market working now ^_^, thanks.
  • anolia123anolia123 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 95 Arc User
    found the notes after posting.

steps where followed, guild map was left empty and after 10 minutes we came back and vendors are selling again.

Thanks for the quick fix
    Estelle Sagenweber, Vier Elemente, german guild

"ZAP!", "BAM!", "KA-POW!"
    - Batman
  • wlinazwlinaz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Has this worked for anyone? I know the map shut down because I was kicked to P.E. Still can't buy Rank 2 stuff with a Rank 2 market.

Update:
    Doesn't seem to be looking for a patch, it loads relatively quick.

Update.. Again..
    Just gave it another go, still didn't appear to patch but now everything seems to be working..?
    Post edited by wlinaz on
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    Hot fix worked for our guilds, however we had to wait 15-25 mins for it to work.
    edited April 2016
    we cant purchase any maps still for our guild @terramak @asterdahl
    Last night the hotfix worked, and now its back to all red. We cant purchase anything
    Well after the hotfix working last night, its back to not working again. How often are we gonna have to reset SH map for this hotfix to fix anything?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    I think the hot fix needs more than just the SH reset. The individual character can be bugged too.

This is what happened last night.

Our SH has the market place bug. Everybody left SH. Reset it. People came in and market place was okay.
    However, about an hour later, a player reported it was still bugged. Some of us went back to SH and did not see the problem.
    Most of "us" had switched toon in that hour back and fore. We asked that player (who was doing dungeons in that hour)
    to exit his character and come back. His character had no problem after that.

Does our SH have problem at this moment (hours later)? I don't know.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    We have to do the hotfix twice a day right now...
    edited April 2016
    terramak said:

UPDATE: Hotfix is now live, but won't apply to currently-running Stronghold maps. If your guild's Stronghold map still has this issue, you can do one of the following:
    * Work with your guildmates to have everyone leave the map for 5 or more minutes. Afterward, the next load-up should take a little longer (it'll reload the map) and the issue should be addressed.
    * If your guild has 40+ active accounts, load up the current Stronghold map with 40 players. The 41st will load into a new instance, which should have the hotfix applied.
    * Or just wait for the next shard restart if your guild's active enough that its Stronghold instance never closes.

We chose not to restart existing Stronghold maps, as we felt that would be more disruptive than the store issue itself.

Your hotfix doesnt work after 1 day and a half. Please fix it asap @asterdahl @terramak @commanderander @strumslinger

http://prntscr.com/avxmun
  • dfncedfnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Still not working.
    Our guild has a reset for our Stronghold sandbox pretty often :smile:

EDIT:

It appears character-specific issue. Some characters can buy and some cannot.
    Post edited by dfnce on
    EX-DL-BtS / ITF-KC-KB / BF-HD-IBS / FtF-IT-ST-Dis / CA-GW-PG
    "When no appropriate rule applies, make one up."
    — (The unwritten rule)

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Yikes.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!