test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Upcoming Power Nerf

blackurn1blackurn1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
I get that Paladins need a little nerf, especially for PvP, but take another look at what you're doing. Taking the max length of the bubble from 20 to 6 seconds and the damage reduction from 80 to 50%... that's reducing the power's overall effectiveness by over 80%. At that point, just take the power away, because it's a waste. Six seconds goes by in the blink of an eye, so nobody can depend on it to really make a difference in a tough battle, and (for Pally's who still want to use the bubble) it would just mean Pally's are always holding their daily waiting for the exact right moment to use it.

As for the AP DC, every time someone creates a cool build that does something different and wonderful, you kill it. You're not reducing the effectiveness of that build, you're shooting it in the head. It will be a little more effective than the event food item that gives you 1% AP every 3 secs - woot. According to your description, the build can presently generate up to 12% AP in a measurable bite of time, where you're going to make it 1% - so you're reducing the effectiveness by over 90%!!! Again, that's not a reduction, that's a kill shot.

Why do resort to knee-jerk OVER-reactions?

You COULD have tried reasonable reductions in power.

Regarding the OP, for instance. You could have reduced the time of the OP bubble by 50% instead of 70%, OR reduce the damage reduction to 40% instead of 80% - either of those would have cut the impact of the ability in half without utterly gutting it. Either of those options would have had an impact without tossing the ability on the trash heap (with so many other abilities...).

For the DC build, cut it in half, not by over 90%. The nerf would still reduce what you consider worrisome about the build without having virtually every AP DC respect to something else.

You, the devs, are driving a big vehicle full of players, but you're swerving so hard that you don't seem to have any control. You say that you are going to listen to your players, that you've changed management and that this team cares - well, prove that by not casting the AP DC and Bubble Pally on the scrap heap. A little nerf goes a long way.

Comments

• klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    The bubble was grossly overpowered, so it needed a pretty big nerf, reducing the duration to 10 seconds only wouldn't have made that much of a difference.
    In theory 6 seconds sounds little, but there will still be some extreme cases (with high recovery and several AP gain buffs) where they'll manage to keep it up almost all the time.
  • silverwolf4747silverwolf4747 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    so now gold ranking in throne and all is unibtainable surving dungeons is tougher, u needed that power for getting some where in game and has now become usless why shoot the players that contribute. a smaller test would have been better have useless toons now.
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    The nerf is fine.

Now if you really want to invest into a Bubble OP you gonna invest in them Silver Enchants, Defense and HP in order to squeeze the max out of it. Then you'd want the Fey enchantment to help you with some damage.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    its a converse nerf though.. (not at all saying it not needed) but the lowest paladins will get hit the hardest with the nerfs, where the strongest, will only see a short gap in windows.

I guess it puts in line more like the GF.. where you will need to work on it for a good while to have it useful.

I think 8 seconds and 60% damage vs 50%.. wouldve been better, and then CODE DP for pvp purposes at 50% time rate (4 seconds total)

I think for game purposes, this wouldve been closer to what was needed. The problem clearly in pvp was paladins holding nodes/siege points forever.. due to both damage immunity and cc immunity.
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    Dont you worry people, if they implement these fixes over other classes that still have bugs in their feats and mechanics, the new power interactions will surely be broken and we are b**** deep in bugs and broken gaming again.

and then we can say "thank you" again and wait for a new fix

the past patches to class balancing has shown this time and again and they still dont learn.
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    what exactly are the changes?
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    urlord283 said:

They are going to change absolutely immortal paladins to be near immortal paladins, and for some people going from gods to demi-gods is not acceptable.
    edited April 2016

urlord283 said:

They are going to change absolutely immortal paladins to be near immortal paladins, and for some people going from gods to demi-gods is not acceptable.
    Cant put it better than that.

ROFL

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Please keep all discussions about possible changes present on the preview server to the preview forums.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    Just did little solo testing my HR on preview, im 2.6k+r7+augment, full critical gambit/trapper, near mythic artis and all boons, used no ACT, just gaming feel with the LM set, and dread ench.

And what i noticed is theres little or no change at all, on my personal gaming experience, to damage. Ran around about half an hour in WoD, mob groups die like they use to, with ease.

This is only a feel based observation, all i need atm, if i wanted to go all out then id have to use ACT and sort out powers, feats and paragon tree feats and race that is WAI.

Do i do it, hell no, i can kill stuff solo and i have good de/buff/support capabilities for party/boss fights in live.

dread seemed to work allright and so did the LM as promised.

And im not gonna report the same gdmn HR bugs over and over again, so no more testing for me.

When they release the first HR class balance patch then ill maybe check things out.
  • speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Just a few thoughts from a Paladin who has spent quit some time and money making a PermaBubble... First, I started day 2 of launch on Xbone and played for a few weeks, but was not inspired much at first. Played a bunch of Diablo3, bored but when the Paladin class was announced I was ALL IN! Spent money on Dragon Born, extra bags, and who knows what else at the time but I was ready to make NW my primary game. Did not discover the bubble craze for a bit, but decided to respec full support and get through the epics that I had yet to finish by simply keeping everyone alive. Bought a ton of lockbox keys for the Trade Bars and thought that when the Wards hit, I would be able to finally have something besides some rank 7/8 enchants and such. We all know what happened next.

Now here we are and I'm staring yet another less than inspiring set of circumstances right in the face. Funny thing is, it isn't me that I'm worried about! To follow, is the real issue that I have...

So I left a great guild full of fun players and really good people for the challenge of starting my very own guild from the ground up. I recruited level 4 character straight into the game and helped them with the basics, how to save some time, invest in VIP it is worth it (imo), and of course what the Stronghold is all about and how to progress. Helped anyone with content that they couldn't progress through and even threw a bunch of them a set of rank 7 azures so they could level up a little faster. Bubble them through some content, help with a few T1s and so on.

Here is what I hear a bunch now: "... the game was so hard and so confusing, that I would have left a long time ago if it wasn't for someone to get me past 'X' area..."

See, these people were not going to be spending money on the game until they had a character that could be a little competitive and your game is designed to get people to spend money so they can be competitive. I know there are plenty that have avoided paying any money and have super competitive characters, but that is not what you REALLY want because the game would just fade away without profit coming in. Don't get me wrong here because I like the game and have spent lots of money, but it is the new players who will not have the edges of Bubble/Haste/Lostmouth/etc to get them to a more competitive state and feel like it is time to invest real money.

It would make more sense to me to consider something like: take 1.5 seconds off of the bubble every month until we find out what the point of breaking moral and a folding player base is. Or we are going to take .5% off of the Haste every month until it is just to the point of useful but not pumping enough haste into the party so we're seeing 3 Crescendos at once followed by 3 more in a matter of seconds. Just some ideas, but creating a situation where we swing so far the other way that it breaks or renders a couple builds for the average bubble/haste players regularly kicked from an Epic Spiders run is just a foolish decision... again In My Opinion.

Thank you
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    when are we expecting this to happen?
    it's already announced for some weeks
  • blackurn1blackurn1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    They haven't announced a date yet. They're running the changes on the test servers right now.