test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The game unoptimized

fido7upfido7up Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2016 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Hi

I have around 8 new computers, all of them suffer greatly in neverwinter with low fps that doesnt reach 30 in most area's very very low number of area's i get smooth 60+ (and I am saying doesn't reach 30 fps while no one online around me so i am in an empty city , also its always around the mark of 20-25fps which is too slow unplayable )

my systems are latest hardware with windows 10.
16GB ram.
i7 5820k + 4820k + 3770k@4.6ghz
gtx 970 + gtx 980Ti even a gtx 660 Ti and gtx 680.

plz someone give me a solution I can't get the game to be playable .

I tried to use geforce optimize settings (GFE software ) nothing did change.
infact i even ran the game with resolution of 1280x720 and everything low still barley reach 30-35 fps.
on my own pc:
3770k+gtx 970
I had the game smooth fps till recent update like 1 month ago it became stupidly unplayable. I need help. anyone any ideas?

tried formatting , reinstalling drivers and even installing the game again, nothing seems to work.
played with the game settings like crazy , still nothing PLZzzzzzz I need help I am a paying customer to 3 sides
microsoft don't help me **** (so dont know why i buy windows )
nvidia ofc i bought many gpu's from u over the years I have total 8 computers now in lan party all cant run it.

can't play the game smoothly . not even with 780 Ti. or 680 or 980 Ti. so wtf I should do . it doesnt even utilize the gpu 100% (according to evga precision and Asus Gpu Tweak the gpu stay less than 40% in entire game on all computers . )

my conclusion game is not optimized: but I need help XD plz there is no solution ? I am paying 3 different companies and still dont have good results ? nvidia+arcgames+microsoft - and none of them replied giving me solution or any new idea to fix it.

I read on forums its issue in windows 10.

so I believe the game is not optimized or filled with bugs or its not compatible with windows 10 as it should be.

Mod edited title to remove small flamey bit
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• fido7upfido7up Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

i have the same issue with 3 zones
    PE and manthol derith it's around 15 fps, and guild Stronghold 8fps , in rest it's moving better above 30 fps, before module 9 i did not used to have frame problems, i mean module 7 when i've done dragons in SH it was moving fine in 20-25 fps, but now with 8 fps without doing absolutely nothing LOL, and i've been on preview shard, it's the same issue there too.
    not to mention in PvP i have 30 fps,its not bad at all in combat, but i used to have 50 fPS.

the difference that i could say is that i have a amd cpu fx 6300 , so i blamed it, but you are sayin that you have a i7 , dunno what could be the issue with your PC, try to disable the intel graphics from BiOS .

Already tried that. and the intel igpu not there. its disabled. and the cpu core usage doesnt reach 50% on any cpu core.
    u can check cpu core usage during the game to be sure its ur cpu ( i bet its not ) use perfmonitor 2 software it will show u every single core % usage . mine never go above 50% but still have crappy fps
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited April 2016
    Well I can tell you I didn't notice any change with Windows 10. Truth be told Windows 10 is just an optimized version of Windows 7. Windows 8 and 10 didn't do much to impact software hence why when you upgraded you likely only had to reinstall the printer driver and in our case the graphics driver (which I assume is due to having DX12 compatible GPU's).

As for why your performance is so low I can only say I am pretty surprised. I have an i7 4770K processor, 16 GB of RAM and two GTX 780's in SLI and running the game at 4K is usually between 40-60 FPS.

Not that you should have to with a higher end PC but did you try tinkering with the settings and pinpoint the cause?

I always lower the Max Debris to 50-100. I can't remember what it defaults to but I remember gaping at the value so it is the first thing I change whenever I play on a new computer. That should give a good performance boost with next to no visual difference.

Shadows and Bloom are two other major settings which can drag down performance. Try lowering them and see if that has any effect.

When all else fails start at minimum and work your way up. Figuring out which is dragging down the performance the most is extremely helpful to the developers.

Yes, with most other games I can just press the "max all" button and the game runs fine. Even Arkham Knight which had such poor performance on the average computer it was pulled from the Steam Market ran so smoothly that I didn't know there were issues until a week later when my brother mentioned it during a conversation we had. However Neverwinter definitely needs you to tune down the settings a bit.

On a final note NW is heavilly CPU Bound. I honestly never really look at how taxed my GPU is but it honestly doesn't surprise me to hear that the GPU is so under-utilized. I am going to have to see if there is a reason why your CPU wouldn't be used to 100% though as that I assure you is not normal.

I get where you are coming from, truly. I have no problem telling people that the game is a resource hog but regardless of how much power we have our first steps should still be to tweak the settings. If you didn't follow the release of Rise of the Tomb Raider for example there was a large outcry from people with similar computer specs to yours that they couldn't play on max settings which in all honesty is because the max settings on RotTR was implemented realizing most current high end computers would not be powerful enough to run the game at the absolute max settings. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies and while I agree the game should be better optimized there are some simple reductions which normally make a huge performance difference.

EDIT - I have heard that GeForce Experience does not actually change the settings in NW. I never really checked on it, but you should. Additionally as Metal said there is always a post module drop in performance for a while.