test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

is there a better set than los set

jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
edited April 2016 in The Wilds
They have announce that Cryptic will trade any set for your Los set for a short time. So is any set at legendary better for HR? Im leaning keeping my set, but they said will match a swap for same level. Would the 25% damage of imperial set be better or would the stat change hurt worse than help? I value all opinions from you guys so if make a suggestion please state why you feel that way so that all of us can will be prepared for the change.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    Strum just noted that the vendor for set swaps should be on preview today to test
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    NOOOOO the imperial and BI sets are inferior to the nerfed LM bonus in every situation.
  • kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    just stick with LM if ya got it, unless you are going to do a stat min/max change or for some other reason. Im keeping mine atm, maybe gonna try orcus someday, basicaly theres not an overpowered set anymore so anything goes and has been viable for ages, lots of people are running with mixed stuff with no set bonuses.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    If you have a high crit build LM set will set be way superior to the other sets. @troutslayer#3410 did some testing with Archer on preview and still got between 8-10% damage from LM set IIRC so that's still pretty good for free damage.

Black Ice set isn't bad stats-wise but the ability scores on the belt are sucky for HR. I imagine Imperial is okay for Archer or Combat but Recovery isn't what a Trapper is after and there is plenty of it on all three pieces.

As @kievitz pointed out one can always forego the set bonus and get a mix of whatever stats is most desired from the wide range of options available.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    I spent time on preview tried other sets and still LOS set is best for HR in my opinion. I did try a belt of wisdom but the stats lost were just to much to over come from any other combination of pieces being used.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Unfortunately it looks as if there is no real alternative. The extra AC from Lathander or Seldarine would be nice in pvp, but the Emblem of Seldarine wastes 600 points on frakking companion influence instead of something useful like control bonus. Also, you lose crit and armor penetration (plus 2 strength points, another 2% RI lost) to get deflection and life steal from the Seldarine set. Lathander's belt wastes 2 ability points on charisma of all things and the recovery and defense in the set are basically pointless. The AP gain in the Imperial set is no change from Lostmauth, but we'd lose a lot of armor penetration and trade 2 dexterity points for wisdom points, slightly less useful. The Valindra set's control bonus and control resist might make up for the lost armor penetration, but it puts the ability points in Intelligence and, again, Charisma, neither of which are much use to HRs. The Black Ice set again wastes ability points on charisma and a chance to deal 10% of weapon damage (presumably unbuffed) as unresistable is obviously not as good as 100% weapon damage on every crit (particularly for high crit builds).

So where's the artifact set that provides power, crit and armor pen with a control bonus or resistance in the artifact, an addition to AC instead of the AP gain that is meaningless to HRs, and Dexterity and Wisdom for the ability bonuses? There isn't one, because no one at Cryptic had post-mod 6 HRs in mind when they designed any of the available sets. Or if they did, they did an awful job at it.

The good news is that since the Lostmauth set was long ago nerfed with respect to HRs we lose less than other classes by keeping it (or so it appears - I haven't personally tested it).

So in other words, as usual, a potential good thing for any class that isn't HR, because they haven't thought about us in the last year.
    Post edited by feanor70118 on
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Unfortunately it looks as if there is no real alternative. The extra AC from Lathander or Seldarine would be nice in pvp, but the Emblem of Seldarine wastes 600 points on frakking companion influence instead of something useful like control bonus. Also, you lose crit and armor penetration (plus 2 strength points, another 2% RI lost) to get deflection and life steal from the Seldarine set. Lathander's belt wastes 2 ability points on charisma of all things and the recovery and defense in the set are basically pointless. The AP gain in the Imperial set is no change from Lostmauth, but we'd lose a lot of armor penetration and trade 2 dexterity points for wisdom points, slightly less useful. The Valindra set's control bonus and control resist might make up for the lost armor penetration, but it puts the ability points in Intelligence and, again, Charisma, neither of which are much use to HRs. The Black Ice set again wastes ability points on charisma and a chance to deal 10% of weapon damage (presumably unbuffed) as unresistable is obviously not as good as 100% weapon damage on every crit (particularly for high crit builds).

So where's the artifact set that provide power, crit and armor pen with a control bonus or resistance in the artifact, an addition to AC instead of the AP gain that is meaningless to HRs, and Dexterity and Wisdom for the ability bonuses? There isn't one, because no one at Cryptic had post-mod 6 HRs in mind when they designed any of the available sets. Or if they did, they did an awful job at it.

The good news is that since the Lostmauth set was long ago nerfed with respect to HRs we lose less than other classes by keeping it (or so it appears - I haven't personally tested it).

So in other words, as usual, a potential good thing for any class that isn't HR, because they haven't thought about us in the last year.

Of course this all from the point of view of a Trapper, who is the only HR that makes use of Control Bonus, which is a totally crappy stat for Archery and Combat. LM set will still be BiS for Trappers, who get the best of out everything from the set.

I run with the Seldarine set as Combat - yeah the Companion Influence and CON is lousy to say the least (can't believe they actually gave us another artifact with Companion Influence on it in Apocalypse Dagger) but the rest is pretty useful.

I don't know if there is an ideal set for Archers, I have the Lathander set but am busy working on the LM set currently. If not for the Control Bonus on Rod of Imperial Restraint I would have leaned towards Imperial set because everything else on the set is decent.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    Well did 2 cn runs right after the patch... Trapper.

1% rolf. As for better sets.. At this point might as well use greater dex belt + lost neck + whatever
  • troutslayer#3410 troutslayer Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I'm still 100% in favour of Lostmauth for archers. My ongoing testing shows about 6-7% damage comes from the Lostmauth set, down a bit from what I saw on preview previously, but still decent. I'm a crit build with 75% crit rate, so that's obviously an important part of the equation.
  • userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    krymkac said:

Well did 2 cn runs right after the patch... Trapper.

1% rolf. As for better sets.. At this point might as well use greater dex belt + lost neck + whatever

Probably, effectiveness of 113% means that it's still affected by Combat Advantage, no?
    ABSOLUTE
  • krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Yes it seems so. But if even SV offhand dot has higher impact of overwhole dmg.. Befor the chnage it was 5-9% dmg boos depending on content/party. Would try out greater dex belt but exchange vendor only has other sets parts to offer... Archers are different story
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    I mover over to imperial set, replaced my recovery equipment by armour penetration, it's pretty much the same thing, no big deal, just more original now.

• feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Since the extra damage from the Lostmauth set doesn't much matter in pvp, it may make sense to trade in your neck piece for a Cloak of the Seldarine for the extra 8 AC. I figure I'll just refine a Seldarine cloak next 2xRP.