test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Getting tired of daily limits...

agenty0rk#8993 agenty0rk Member Posts: 82 Arc User
edited March 2016 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
I really tired of either having to play the same thing over and over on different characters or just plain out having to stop playing because I cannot get any more of the things I need till reset.

Why can't thaumaturic or other RP item drop from all enemies? Then if I was bored I could always just run around and have fun killing things while still progressing. With the way it is now once I've done my dailies I might as well shut it down. There's no point to play till the next day.

This in my opinion is what creates the job like feel that some MMO's are guilty of. I'd really like to be able to play when ever and for how long I want and still feel like my time is making a difference on my character.

I know there is the hoard enchantment but there is of course yet another limit on it. The design of it is to give you a chance to always progress but it's been blocked and limited like everything. I'm finding myself shutting off neverwinter more and more. As it becomes easier to complete my dailies my game time will shorten to only 2 hrs a day. Where as if there was no limit I could continue to play and feel like
I'm progressing.

I know the market scheme here is to inflate game time by limiting progression after a certain amount of play time. We your customers will get sick of this soon and neverwinter will be overshadowed by the next gen of MMO that does not limit its playrs in such ways.

I only hope you can take the step first before someone else does. The ball is in your court now.

Comments

• Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Well you do have the Fey enchantment too. Personally I don't have time to complete everything but I do run a number of characters simultaneously. This slowed me down a lot for the first few months but now they are a real asset in terms of AD farming and professions resources.

Without any real effort I've made about 2 million this 2 x AD but I do have a lot of game time. Also, I get bored running the same character so it's nice to have a choice between DC, CW, OP, TR, GWF & SW (new - still levelling).

Leadership gives refinement stones so if you max that on all your characters you can produce more than enough, ready for the next 2 x RP.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    Well i do understand in a way that refinement may be limited, especially the one unbounded like the sharandar tablet, but i share your opinion on the daily system, i hate it, i wish i could play as much as i want in a day, then if next day i can't play so be it. Maybe it would screw the economy in some way like on diamonds and such, i do understand in a way there is a cap you can reach with dungeons and skirmishes, altough said cap is way too low currently, not even netting you enough for your daily refinement limit. Thats another thing, daily refinement limit, the current one is way too low compare to the current market, and at the same time to get back on my post above, what if i can make 50K out of dungeon running? Ill still be cap at 36K a day refined. And yes i know some people make character slot and do the intro just to refine then erase them, but those diamonds goes directly to the character so there not transferable when there not refined... In any case there is a lot of speculation and thinking to do on what is link to the ADs and economy and im no expert.

BUT on other stuff, like for exemple tyranny of dragon quest, my god why does it slow progression like that, or when it comes to boons, why can't i run sharandar/dread ring quest over and over again to get my boons. What if one day im free to play 6H, should i not be able to farm as much as possible to get my boons or coffer donations at the most possible, if the next day i can't play for any reason than so be it. I know they always fear the "no life" will exploit such system but then what if its only for your personal character gain? Take icewindale, im tired of havig to get there every day to get 20 reputation max (used to be 10 before too), it does not give me anything in term of refinement or usefull stuff. I wish i could just farm this quick, do all my reputation as quickly as possible and be done with it, instead of having to get there daily.

I am not a fan of daily system indeed...

But the worst limit of the game is really the seals or ichor ones, why cap this so low is beyond me?? How many time did i realize that my seals where full and i was loosing some, especially on double seals. Why 1200 limit when one dragon kill in SH net you 80 seals? People have to go empty on multiple runs and so on. Why not cap it at 10K? What could possibly justify such a low capping? Double AD? So what if you can buy more items during it, people already find ways to save as much as possible for it. I doubt a cap increased from 1200 to 5000 or 10000 would make such a difference. The ichor its even worst, not only are we capped at 400 a week, wich i find ridiculous (no reason for this at all) but the general cap is not even high enough to allow for both twisted weapon purchase at the same time if im not mistaken... (they cost 800 i think)

As for dailies(forgot something), well its true now that there is so much campaigns and all that doing them all on only 2 characters is too time consuming for me, but some peope have more time, some people have only one char, and what if one day nobody is online for me to play with? I can't do dungeons, all i have left is that to do? Then the next day everybody want to do dungeons and so i can't run dailies. Or what if the next day i simply can't play? I feel really this system is bogus and i agree with OP
  • Options
    volournvolourn Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    IWD gives you lots of refinement stuff.It alos gives you black ice. Do the HE. I do agree with the ichor though. Way too low.
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    volourn said:

IWD gives you lots of refinement stuff.It alos gives you black ice. Do the HE. I do agree with the ichor though. Way too low.

I mean the quest themselves. They give you nothing beside black ice and i have no use for it personally at the moment. Sharandar give me thaum tablets, dread ring give me stuff for my artifacts, thats stuff like that i was talking about.

And what i particulary hate about the HE in IWD is you have to wait on people for most of them. This was the part i hated when i was going for daily reputation, especially as a GF(no doing any HE alone) , i had to roam around hoping to find a group doing an HE... Thankfully with the demon ones now its not an issue

• Options
    toriofthehordetoriofthehorde Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    The ichor amnt is ridiculous!! Yeah..who sets and decides these limits..?? No rhyme or reason to it.. Random pick out of a hat..lol...Needs to be increased!! Alot of things do!!