test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

the post-lolset HR

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
So, what do you think..?

HRs have never gotten as much out of the lolset as other classes, though for us the stats were always great. I'm of the feeling that for us, it's a backhander buff in that some of our competition - gwfs and to a lesser extent cws - have gotten chopped off at the knees.
No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Ps. The one blessing of being the lowest on the ladder, the only way is up.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Doesn't affect me in any way whatsoever - well not my 2 HRs. I avoided the Lostmauth set from the start due to it's weighted stats in ArP and RI. I would have had to change my whole character to get the best out of the set that I could and that isn't something I was willing to do and I play a high crit build as Archer. The Lostmauth set wasn't interacting well with our class anyway - I think we got the lowest damage return of all classes with the set bonus so no biggie.

My 2.4k GWF will actually have to learn to play now as he will no longer be killing mobs by just looking at them :p
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    My HRs built around power and arpen in pvp, with a nod to crit in pve, so it's still the best set regardless of the nerf. Though it won't do my paingiver rates any harm either.
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I`m on the Xbox, but I use LM as it interacts rather well with Careful Attack, each tick of a Crit CA applies LM set bonus.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • jhpnwjhpnw Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 611 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    testing on preview I will say looks to be a 7 to 10% loss of dps for trapper HR with set at orange. I have already massaged my feats and encounters to max Dps so really have no way to recover Loss of dps but they should give HR some kind of damage boost when we get a rework. I will almost bet it will be 7 to 10% over all and they will call us balanced. I hope at least we get some survival out of it to. Nice thing we have been nerfed to where we cant be anything but a support group for pvp and now we will have plenty of company from the CWs nerf. I guess I will find me a GF to follow around to support in PVP now or join a PVP guild so can run support for premade team. I was hoping for a boost to HR where we could at least stand up to those close to Our IL but from looks don't see it coming any more

edited April 2016
    Chin up. The fact that we are seeing any class changes in Mod 9 is welcome as it was stated in the Dev Q&A that they would not be doing anything significant to classes in the Maze Engine. While I don't expect any major rework of the HR class, I do believe we will get necessary buffs to make at least more than just the Trapper three deal comparable damage.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    CA + Lostmauth was a big chunk of my single-target dps, and will be sorely missed. We don't otherwise really have any great at-will options for dps - most are quite low hitting when compared to, say, a GWF or TR.

That said, as has been pointed out already, Lostmauth was never a crazy boost for us, and will hit us less than most other dps classes. TRs are reporting a 10-15% dps loss, and I can only imagine it's much worse for GWFs or CWs.
    CWs are crying that 40% of their damage is gone. We could be seeing a repeat of the devastating floods in Noah's Ark times with all the tears flowing from CWs :p
    Our pain is self chosen.

• zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

CWs are crying that 40% of their damage is gone. We could be seeing a repeat of the devastating floods in Noah's Ark times with all the tears flowing from CWs :p

Thats true, and im siting here and watching sharp crying :P

That said, in pve elol set was around 6% of my trappers dmg, there was nothing better rly, but even after change we have nothing to replace it with, we need to w8 and hope some other sets will be boosted or aim for orcus, since orcus should be average 10% dmg increase on bosses (hard to tell on pulls, but prolly much less)

Trappers had plenty dmg coming from roots dot, but elol was not procing out of roots, thats why we never gained much and we wont lose much, actually trapper may be finally on pair with gwf as dmg dealer.

(Sin)cerely
    Kain

It's gonna hit gwfs hard in pvp. They already had their temporary hp nerfed, and now the massive damage coupled with decent lifesteal "heal by hitting stuff" meta won't nearly as well. Can't say I'm unhappy about that after 6 months of having my HR wrecked by gwfs if I slipped up even once.

Now if they just give us corrosive arrows that dissolve gf shields, and rocket boots that negate courage breaker, we'll be set.
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

My 2.4k GWF will actually have to learn to play now as he will no longer be killing mobs by just looking at them :p

Don't count on it. The GWF community has a unique attribute known as 'Mass Whining Power.' Rather than have to learn to play they will simply employ their special gift to ensure that they can comfortably overcompensate with minimal effort while picking their noses.
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Lostmauth set is still the best set for HR in PvP because of Cruel Recovery.

Other classes crying about not being viable anymore/being nerfed/? Hah, this game's power creep is already high enough.

That being said I'm somewhat impressed they're fixing some balance issues as that's something that hasn't happened for a long time, but it's nowhere near enough to make me come back to the game and honestly some of the changes are laughable.
  • hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    @ralexinor

In current state, yes. Lostmauth is the best option for more dazes and CR offhand proccing, but after update Lostmauth wont anymore crit. Imperial set is critable but uptime of this set is nearly this same like in Steel Blitz.

Ok, i found a solution for Lostmauth replace. I forgot that Seeker Vengeance DoT is critable. I am not sure this DoT proc Cruel Recovery, i need to test this but dazes should works. Problem is only one, if you wanna to use Seeker, you need to replace Alone Wolf for this in PvP rotation.
    edited April 2016
    Yea, but for cruel to do anything healy you need it's bonus in the offhand slot, so you can't slot the seekers dot offhand bonus.

Re. Trappers cunning, a friend of mine did some testing, and came to the conclusion it did absolutely nothing at all.

Has anyone done some recent conclusive tests..?
    edited April 2016
    Trappers cunning is only for dazes and yes its works. Weak grasping roots just have no animation since module 4. You can test this easily, just crit Gushind Wound on dummy with Seeker Vengeance DoT and slotted Crushing Roots and you will see effect of daze every time. Its also proccing at all Bitting Snares.
    hawkend said:

@ralexinor

In current state, yes. Lostmauth is the best option for more dazes and CR offhand proccing, but after update Lostmauth wont anymore crit. Imperial set is critable but uptime of this set is nearly this same like in Steel Blitz.

Ok, i found a solution for Lostmauth replace. I forgot that Seeker Vengeance DoT is critable. I am not sure this DoT proc Cruel Recovery, i need to test this but dazes should works. Problem is only one, if you wanna to use Seeker, you need to replace Alone Wolf for this in PvP rotation.

Are you sure it doesn't crit? As I haven't tested since I uninstalled the game, I don't know for sure, but it's not mentioned in patch notes. From what I've heard from my friends, it still does crit, therefore making it the best set for HR still in PvP.

Seeker's Vengeance DoT is terrible except for trolling purposes, it doesn't proc cruel recovery.
    Thnx for the trappers cunning info - youve saved me a respecc
    There you have fresh ACT logs.

Fair enough, lostmauth is useless then. Probably either use valindra's (trash) or other (trash) artifact sets now. Losing about 15% healing, though, I think, but other classes should be affected more so it's not too bad.
    Set-wise is there anything better for HR though? LM set still gives shiploads of ArP, Power and Crit with DEX/STR boost from belt. The only other option damage-wise atm (not counting Orcus set) is Imperial, which everyone says is trash, and LM - even after the nerf - is still a better option.
    Our pain is self chosen.

• jaegernljaegernl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    Honestly, I'm not worried about losing Lostmauth in the slightest. As mentioned before, Lostmauth was never a spectacular part of my Trapper's damage, even now I'm closing in on 80% crit. I'll have to keep an eye on the set's performance after the next patch. It'll probably still be the go-to for a bit of extra damage, although I can see myself go full-hipster and slot something defensive instead. Hell, I might even grab an AC cloak and a single stat belt.

I'm pretty solid on the DPS-side of things, but I still feel a bit 'squishy' at times. Not that - say - running the Seldarine set instead of Lostmauth is going to make a ton of difference, but I'm still looking for ways to grant myself that extra bit of initial survivability - sustain is fine, it's the start of the encounter where I sometimes derp up - without killing my DPS.
    Isaac the Adequate - Level 70 Oath of Protection Paladin
    Aurelius the Awkward - Level 70 Pathfinder Ranger
    We have looked into reports of players experiencing connection problems and have been unable to identify any server, data center, or client-side issues. We believe this may be ISP related.
    Well, after a couple of weeks of selling things, buying things, swapping stuff around and winning some drops in CN... finally happy on the pve front. I can hit 50k power anď 70%crit all by my lonesome in ToB, a little more in a party depending on buffs.

In pvp I'm pretty much ok too if I swap a few mounts around. Just need a beholder tank lol.

Bring on the nerf !!!
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Lm set was never too relevant to HR, not combat, not trapper, a bit more for archer, the best set to get now is orcus one imo, even if the dps gets slightly lower from the loss of stats in the elol set, it's a big punch in surviability. imperial set seems a better and fancier choice now too :D

Lm set was never too relevant to HR, not combat, not trapper, a bit more for archer, the best set to get now is orcus one imo, even if the dps gets slightly lower from the loss of stats in the elol set, it's a big punch in surviability. imperial set seems a better and fancier choice now too :D

Do tell. How do you see the Orcus set improving survivability? If you're alluding to the CON and Deflect on the set, it won't get you far unless you're already stacking Deflect. I've been discussing the Imperial set in another thread but with Control Bonus being one of the stats on the artifact, I'm not sure it's the way to go for Archers.
    Our pain is self chosen.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Lostmauth artifact equipment = power, crit, arpen. Horn = power, arpen, control bonus.

Imperial set, on the other hand, = power, crit, recovery. Rod = recovery, lifesteal, control bonus.

So the main difference is swapping about 800 arpen for recovery in the equipment, and then losing power + arpen in the artifact but gaining recovery + lifesteal. The only main survivable difference I see is the 1000 lifesteal from an orange Rod which isn't going to make or break your survivability, although the Rod's active bonus is a nice survivability boost too (provided things aren't immune to it).
  • sandstorm777sandstorm777 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    ralexinor said:

Fair enough, lostmauth is useless then. Probably either use valindra's (trash) or other (trash) artifact sets now. Losing about 15% healing, though, I think, but other classes should be affected more so it's not too bad.

Are you still playing?! Someone thought I hacked your account lmao. "Sandstorm....?"
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Do tell. How do you see the Orcus set improving survivability? If you're alluding to the CON and Deflect on the set, it won't get you far unless you're already stacking Deflect. I've been discussing the Imperial set in another thread but with Control Bonus being one of the stats on the artifact, I'm not sure it's the way to go for Archers.
    Yes, already with deflect stacked or aspect of the fox, aspect of the fox + dexterity + all the equipment + foe hammer elixit + everything else you want to stack it with is very nice. Imperial set is nice, it has lots of recovery and recovery to improve encounters is important, not in trappers as they can rotate all encounters with barely any recovery.

aaramis75 said:

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Lostmauth artifact equipment = power, crit, arpen. Horn = power, arpen, control bonus.

Imperial set, on the other hand, = power, crit, recovery. Rod = recovery, lifesteal, control bonus.

So the main difference is swapping about 800 arpen for recovery in the equipment, and then losing power + arpen in the artifact but gaining recovery + lifesteal. The only main survivable difference I see is the 1000 lifesteal from an orange Rod which isn't going to make or break your survivability, although the Rod's active bonus is a nice survivability boost too (provided things aren't immune to it).

This is the way I see it, purely from a PvE standpoint. If you are an Archer or Trapper and have the Lostmauth set, there is no reason to consider another artifact set from an optimal point of view. However, if you're one of those players that cares purely about the damage potential of a set and bugger the rest then you will probably move on to the Orcus set.

I have been weighing up the Lostmauth set for my Archer over the past few days and then yesterday both the artifact and belt dropped for me. I am already in the process of replacing my Lathander set with the Imperial cloak and belt, while swapping out the Eye for Sigil of the Hunter as the Rod's Control Bonus stat does nothing for me. I'm still not sure if I should go for the Lostmauth set as the Horn also has Control Bonus.
    Our pain is self chosen.

Yeah, agreed Lirithiel.

The other factor for me, which I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a large factor, is that I can just can't be arsed to level up another artifact set :p

edited April 2016
    aaramis75 said:

Yeah, agreed Lirithiel.

The other factor for me, which I'd be lying if I said it wasn't a large factor, is that I can just can't be arsed to level up another artifact set :p

Levelling up the artifact is in no way a problem for me - it's the fracking neck and waist that will kill me. I already replaced legendary Earthen weapon set with Twisted set and neither crit so I need about 3 million RP just to get those 2 new weapons to legendary again :(
    Our pain is self chosen.