test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Maze Engine(or how threat made me quit)

reiromanireiromani Member Posts: 14 Arc User
Firstly I have lost all respect for Drizzt Do'urden as a character. I thought Minsc was annoying but now Neverwinter has made me HATE the whole Forgotten Realms series. Your weak sauce recycled garbage game has made me hate a most beloved series with your terrible system.

When I started I loved Neverwinter. I'd spend hours and hours playing. Then you introduced the Scourge Warlock and things started heading down hill, It was ok but I could see the cracks starting. Then there was some balance voodoo done and my characters all felt weak despite being level 60. Then you moved the finish line to level 70 and all my super gourmet purple gear was near WORTHLESS while adding the (near unstoppable) Oathbound Paladin. Now as the game has "progressed" again I've been getting closer and closer to a crossroads on Neverwinter for a while. I could keep banging my head against a wall or quit and move on. I've been picking the former option for a while because it wasn't that bad. Well I just tried to start the Maze engine quest and with in 20 minutes it wasn't worth the hassle; I had reached my breaking point. What's the point of a fight where all I can do is run around in a circle? Because if I stopped to attack I was going to get ROFLstomped by a monster that can simply teleport to me and take nearly half my life. I attacked ONCE to start the fight and then I had ALL the threat and it never went away. This guy was all over me like a latex bodysuit no matter what I did. I tried a few different companions (striker, healer, tank, and controller) and ALL it did was change how fast I would meet the inevitable. Tried different build concepts and found out real fast that no matter what skills/powers I had set up they were ALL worthless because the second I stopped to do anything there he was instantly in my face. Like I was a magnet and he was an iron nail. What the hell are you people thinking? No, Better question, ARE you people thinking at all? From where I sit you've given up even trying to seem balanced in lieu of flavor of the month classes.
Tagged:

Comments

• umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    What are you talking about? I found maze engine quests were easy as pie.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited March 2016
    Having trouble doing it solo? Get in a party.

In a party, but can't handle the aggro you generate? Don't generate so much. Classes weak to aggro tend to have a heroic feat that reduces it. It's a big help. By the time you might think of it as a waste of 3 feat points, you'll have the resources to shell out for a respec token (you'll probably need one, anyway). Also, think more seriously about your control powers and defense powers. They may give up damage, but they offer tremendous survivability, and you need to learn how to balance your defense/control versus straight damage to get the best performance.

In a party, and generated too much aggro? Try to run towards your front-line party members. Especially the ones that generate lots of aggro, damage, or controls, like GWFs, GFs, and TRs (smoke bomb!). Running away just seals your fate and messes up the party's damage and control effects--I can't tell you how many times I've seen a HR or SW make a run take two to three times as long because he's constantly kiting mobs away from his team. The healer is probably focusing on the front liners, as well, and running away makes it (much) more difficult for him to heal you, whereas heading towards the front-liners puts you right into his sights and possibly in the area of some of his heals he was laying down regardless.

Still having trouble? Either deal with it (all end game content has growing pains for players new to it), git gud, and/or power up some more. My first character was doing all sorts of crazy tactics and leeching in areas like IWD and WoD for a good month or more before he was finally strong enough to be independent. In the mean time, I learned lots of tricks for managing enemy behavior, timing dodges, and the true value and proper use of my encounter powers and dailies.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    these quests are soloable by pretty much everybody with hands...
    i think we probably didnt understand your thread.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    If you're frustrated with a quest or a boss, definitely ask for help. Specifics are key, but ranting tirades flaming the developers aren't a constructive way to ask for advice.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
This discussion has been closed.