test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trade Bar Store Changes on Xbox One

Comments

• Options
    toriofthehordetoriofthehorde Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Im in agreement with everything i have read! I have played this game since April. Loved mod 5..watched as mod 6 turn into more of a grind and cost me more money if i really wanted to advance in the game at a decent rate because i DO WORK. Strongholds another money grab. You all did say c-wards would be lowered in price. I feel like you made promises you did not keep. I love this game but if this shady business continues im bouncing out. I feel extremely let down by neverwinter. You all have continued to break your own game. I believe you wouldn't have so many ppl looking to buy from outside resources if you balanced out your game. Think about that. I have never purchased from any outside source. I have tried making things to sell..you can barely make any AD off this game. Its a snail crawl. It takes a ton of money just to really advance..spend 20 bucks and u get no where. Unless ur lucky enough to open a lock box and get a mount..but by that point we have spent how much money to buy keys...wow.your lock boxes are almost junk... Also everything is bound to you. No way to make AD. Ppl who say this is a free to game play need to think about this. With out those of us spending money you wouldn't have a game to play...i really hope you all fix this issue and fast. I refuse to spend my hard earned money for a c-ward. 10 bucks...i dont think so.. That's a rip off!! Not worth it!! I will sit back and see what happens ..this might be my exit stage left if things are not remedied..i would be sad but my pocket book would be happy..thats sad to say!! I think you guys needs to reconsider these things your doing to upset your players. Every update this happens. Not good. Supposed to be excited. But now everyone will wonder what messed up thing will happen next the next new mod!!
  • Options
    ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I just want to add my +1 to this issue.

Its one thing to not include the rubies and wards in the trade bar store, it's another thing however to directly say that they will be in the update. I believe others have already showed the quotes about the coal wards.

It is not just misleading or vague tactics. That is a blatant lie and fraud on their behave with the intent to get the playerbase to purchase keys. Not ok.

Your greed will bury this game. Long term growth and player investment will not only net you greater profit, it will create a healthier, sustainable, game environment which is 100% required for this game design pushing team based growth through strongholds.

Stop going for quick easy money. You want easy money, then invest time and resources into a module that allows players to create content. You even have the basis already created on PC with the foundry. Just finish it. That will shut everyone up, will allow others to do your work for you, create harder content that will push your spenders to spend more on different gear and upgrades. All with out any additional resources spent on your end after the initial release. There's your easy money. Not this way.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • Options
    egeriusegerius Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I concur this is total BS, and especially with the lame excuse. On top of it they keep messing around with classes and features that ruin game play. Dropping money to build up a character, not to mention the time spent, then to have it nerfed to the point that it is mediocre and not useful to parties in dungeons is frustrating. I am about to leave the game for good.... BF4 is calling me back.
  • Options
    egeriusegerius Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    If someone thinks this is an "honest mistake" then it's reasonable to assume they're on the left side of the IQ chart.

lol...so true
  • Options
    drifter902drifter902 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    zak3056 said:

"no, don't worry, we're NOT going to remove coal wards from the TB store like you're all afraid we will, we are going to make things better for you."

This is the recent development that blows my mind. This isn't the Walking Dead. Intentionally diverting from the source material is not going to be welcom here.
  • Options
    landgin#9540 landgin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    As someone who started playing at Christmas on xbox, I've sank about 250 dollars in this game, keys, mount, companions, dusk armor, bags, ect. I started playing on pc just last week.

I feel totally cheated on my character. My dollar goes far less on Xbox than it does on pc. So when I saw I'd beable to buy coalwards I was excited. I have shards of verbal and lifedrinker I've been holding onto, and looking forward too...just to find out it MAY not even be added to the market.

I will not spend another penny into this game. With the way you treat xbox Players I don't blame anyone for buying third party ad.

Tl/Dr: Cryptic lied, neverwinter dies.
  • Options
    john6522 said:

@curygreenleaf69 no it wasn't am accident, they said it was going to be the same trade bar store as PC. Then they pulled a bait and switch after a lot of people spent money getting ready for the tradebar update, and said AFTER the release that they weren't included and not intended to be there.

The official announcement for underdark did say they were going to be the same bar shop.

the edited the announcement around Feb 4-5. Still shady AF, but technically BEFORE underdark was released.
  • Options
    descend#9572 descend Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Drifter it doesn't matter, the original announcement was over a month ago and then is when people started saving up. They were not clear as too exactly what changed would be different therefore baiting and switching. You must clarify the exact changes in any business and not just put a vague "not the same as PC" when their whole purpose was to create parity from the get go on the xb1. They even said their main goal was to get the xb1 caught up with the PC.
  • Options
    I'm not spending a dime on this game until this is fixed. This is the only game I even play, but that will change if there isn't a solution soon. I'm so disappointed, it took all excitement of the new content away. And even though you've stated that is being looked at, it seems this is just a pacifier. I've had guildies sign of because of this and some may not be back.
  • Options

Drifter it doesn't matter, the original announcement was over a month ago and then is when people started saving up. They were not clear as too exactly what changed would be different therefore baiting and switching. You must clarify the exact changes in any business and not just put a vague "not the same as PC" when their whole purpose was to create parity from the get go on the xb1. They even said their main goal was to get the xb1 caught up with the PC.

john6522 said:

Yes @landgin#9540 , at least 3rd party treats you like an actual customer and not a cow.

@drifter902 yes they did.. But they announced that it was going to be the same tradebar store in January.. Its really poor business.

@john6522
    @descend

i'm agreeing with you guys. in my eyes, that fact that i sited makes it appear to be even MORE deceitful and deliberate.
  • Options
    xrawcarnagexrawcarnage Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    So no <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> announcement yet!?!??! Come on PW, your about to seriously regret <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over your player base this time.
  • Options
    player1sfplayer1sf Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Midday here (after 10:00am pst) and still no word on the issue. Now I'm just irritated. After being blow off yesterday and ignored today, I'm getting the impression that there will be no reconciliation. That execs are drawing out this to maximize their profit before officially blowing us off with some paltry appeasement. Unless they put in the items at the reduced price as stated I won't play anymore. I'm just to disgusted, I have no desire to be affiliated with such a group.
  • Options
    kc7777777kc7777777 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    At best from this if you put coals in at 200 you look like HAMSTER or even at 75 for that matter. Better change this and offer some sort of apology. Liars!
  • Options
    farmerreg#0580 farmerreg Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    W-O-W............

So this is the reason for the low amount of people that were on yesterday. It was like a ghost town on the shard...........I kept thinking to myself, they must be having log in issues or something. Did two skirmishes that were lag fests to say the least, then tried to do the demonic HE's..............but there was literally no one in any of the zones, like only the low level guys that were doing zone quests.

Hopefully they'll fix this and soon.

P.S.
    The revoking of the planned weekend events..............not a good look and lends more towards the theories speculated that you (and by "you" I mean PW/Cryptic) manipulated and planned this debacle from the start.
  • Options
    lordrahllylordrahlly Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    player1sf said:

Midday here (after 10:00am pst) and still no word on the issue. Now I'm just irritated. After being blow off yesterday and ignored today, I'm getting the impression that there will be no reconciliation. That execs are drawing out this to maximize their profit before officially blowing us off with some paltry appeasement. Unless they put in the items at the reduced price as stated I won't play anymore. I'm just to disgusted, I have no desire to be affiliated with such a group.

Well if the wont listen to us here head to twitter, share the story with every game site, news organization, the FTC, MS's Major Nelson spam the info to any place that can bring this into the light of day so that others don't make the mistake we did by investing our time into Neverwinter.
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • Options
    chaossweetcornchaossweetcorn Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    i smell a CASH GRAB
  • Options
    No offense to you Andy, but this situation is complete BS. Arc has been releasing information regarding the Trade bar changes for months now and although I acknowledge they have continually stated that their would be differences between xbox and pc they continued to mislead us, the players, by showing us rubies, preservation wards, and coalascent wards in all the previews. This is false advertising, not to mention the fact that the in game calendar was changed and we are no longer getting double AD or double enchantments. Furthermore some additional patch notes would have been nice, considering I log in yesterday and my cube companion has been "fixed". I'm just a bit irritated and I know others are as well. I wouldn't be surprised if you guys lost some player base over this.
  • Options
    awrex1977awrex1977 Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited February 2016

john6522 said:

@curygreenleaf69 no it wasn't am accident, they said it was going to be the same trade bar store as PC. Then they pulled a bait and switch after a lot of people spent money getting ready for the tradebar update, and said AFTER the release that they weren't included and not intended to be there.

The official announcement for underdark did say they were going to be the same bar shop.

the edited the announcement around Feb 4-5. Still shady AF, but technically BEFORE underdark was released.
    And after they put Keys on sale if I'm not mistaken, what do you get with Keys? Tradebars... what do you use Tradebars to buy? Stuff that is no longer available, that we were all lead to believe would be available up to the weekend prior to release.

Despite be contradictory to everything that was being discussed on the topic on these very boards and on the reddit sub...

The only inference that there may be different options happened when a blog on that topic (which was originally published 1/18/16) was edited sometime after 2/4/16 - going into Super Bowl weekend no less - class act PWE/Cryptic, Bravo!
  • Options
    zunamarzunamar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    What a ripp off to remove the wards, at least you could given headsup about removing them, so I would haven the opportunity to by the wards for 200 a piece instead of now where I have to buy one for 1000zen. This is taking greed/fraud to a new level.
  • Options
    lordrahllylordrahlly Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Still nothing? For real? Well shows a lot of character at least to make sure that no one is communicating anything.

One ray of hope is that according to someone over on the XBL forum thread it looks like MS has opened an investigation. :)
    Pastor Martin Niemöller had it right, but remember, before they come for anyone, they silence all, because to have discourse, is to breed discontent.
  • Options
    Dear Neverwinter staff as you are aware you have made a desission that has angried your players, which has resulted in your players refusing to paying large amounts of money on Wards, especially after people have spent alot of money on Lockbox Keys, after telling us to 'save our T-bars as the price of Wards were being lowered'. As for your excuse to discussing the issue, you should be amending the issue, not discussing the issue, put yourselves in the position of the players. If i was performing repairs on your car or home and i damaged something you would expect me to amend the issue not discuss the issue, fix the issue before its to late.
  • Options
    So it's 1230pm here still no word on the announcement but to make matters worse I can't log in to the game. I'm with everyone here say this is complete and utter trash and you STRAIGHT UP SCAMMED your player base with this sneaky stunt you pulled and the cancelations to the events this weekend
  • Options
    assassintunkoassassintunko Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    still no comment dirtbags?
  • Options
    assassintunkoassassintunko Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    #freethewards
This discussion has been closed.