test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official Feedback Thread: Caverns of Karrundax

dextructoiddextructoid Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 26 Cryptic Developer
Welcome All,

The Caverns of Karrundax dungeon is once again open to adventurers. It is returning alongside a number of other revamped dungeons: Cloak Tower, The Frozen Heart, and Pirate King’s Retreat (formerly Lair of the Pirate King). All of these dungeons have been updated to be a quick and easy way to get some dungeon play in and earn Seals of the Adventurer. Seals of the Adventurer now replace the variety of Seals that were awarded below level 60 and can be redeemed for level appropriate gear with the trader in the Seven Suns Coster Market. The target play time for Caverns of Karrundax has been shortened to 30 minutes and only requires three players of any class (max of two of particular class) to complete.

Caverns of Karrundax is accessible via the queue list to players level 54 and up. All players are level-adjusted to the map level to provide a challenge.

Features:
  • Small group play: 3 player dungeon (maximum of 2 of any class)
  • Shorter play time: 30 minutes
  • New rewards: Seals of the Adventurer
We would love to get your feedback on Caverns of Karrundax. All feedback is welcome, but there are a few items we’d like to focus on:
  • Did your play time match the expected play time of approximately 30 minutes?
  • If playing with characters at or near the map level of 54, was the dungeon a challenge?
  • If playing with characters well above the map level , was the dungeon a challenge?
  • Most importantly, regardless of level, was it fun?
To report a bug (or just give your opinion):
  • Respond to this forum post.
  • Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
  • Spec: (Please enter the spec that you are providing feedback for here)
  • Format: Please use “Bold” face text for the Type & Spec then type your feedback in the body of your post. If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use BLUE.
  • (Bonus: Concise Feedback & Screen Shots are much appreciated)
Examples:

Bug: Dungeon: Caverns of Karrundax
I did not receive any Seals of the Adventurer when I killed Pyraphenia.

I wish there were more wormlings.

Comments

• Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Is there an epic version of this too? For 5 players?

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User

Is there an epic version of this too?

I sure hope there!
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    More of a caveat than play-based feedback, but the equipment bought with lion/manticore/pegasus seals has in some cases been cosmetically desirable and I hope that was kept in mind in developing new rewards. We don't need to have our options limited further when so much has already been removed. Giving access to only "level-appropriate" gear is not desirable when what you actually want is your favorite level-10 skin.

Additionally, how will bounty items function in the new system? And will we still be able to spend the old seals we already have on something?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    ehm mimic downloaded roughly 4.4 gb of smth but keeps showing me "server is unavailable at this time".. where exactly is this update on owlbear??
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    krymkac said:

ehm mimic downloaded roughly 4.4 gb of smth but keeps showing me "server is unavailable at this time".. where exactly is this update on owlbear??

It will be online from a specific time
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9777463

Probably not up yet..
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Caverns of Karrundax is accessible via the queue list to players level 54 and up. All players are level-adjusted to the map level to provide a challenge.

So... There will not be a T1/T2 version of this dungeon?

Or is this just for testing purposes?

Sorry... Really want clarification on this aspect! :)

va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    You're taking the fun of this old dungeons with the path blocks. Running from boss to boss was the reason I played this dungeons a lot but you're taking away that aspect. In my opinion its a huge mistake. You better not do this with PK or FT! You already ruined CN and now Karru.. All you had to do is re-adjust dmg, health, rewards, and possible add new mobs or boss mechanics..
  • Options
    empalasempalas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 802 Arc User
    I like that don't have to pick the seals up. All three of us were lvl 70. Took about 15 minutes to finish. Bosses are going down much faster than on the other 3 mans which is probably to be expected at this point.

• Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    From what I was told in game by a dev, there will be no Epic version of Karru in the next module.

Finished 3 man Karrundax, then got disconnected. First part of Karrundax, my teammate got stuck and could not move. He relogged, then ok. Also in the first half none of my circles were showing up for Astral Shield for example. It worked later in the dungeon.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2016

Being in a team with four 3k and me 4k. It was way too easy, and Karrundax took about 10 seconds or less to die. I'd strongly suggest some kind of epic versions for end gamers

• Options
    misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Being in a team with four 3k and me 4k. It was way too easy, and Karrundax took about 10 seconds or less to die. I'd strongly suggest some kind of epic versions for end gamers
    Post edited by misquamacus2 on

• Options
    meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    BUG: Being able to use mounts
    Mounts are usable inside the dungeon. Is that intentional?
  • Options
    brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Nice job, but the light is too yellow.
    Too easy if a level 70 caracter is present in the group.
    Done in 10 min with 3 players level 70. (GF, GWF, DC)

Bug: Cavern of Karrundax
    None seen, only the light who is a problem for my point of view.
    Final boss loot was an item level 53.
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    Bug: Final boss fight
    The fireball attack that Karrundax uses still ignores various kinds of CC immunity.
  • Options
    gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Im not sure if its worth giving feedback because this dungeon and the rest shows that you have no interest of giving us what we want. We ask for one thing and you give us the opposite.

First of all, who asked for dungeons remakes? You spend months of creating these dunges and the end result is that they are much much worse than the previous versions of it. Why not just give the old dungeons new loot and increase the levels of the ads and bosses? That would be so much faster and you would have more time creating NEW dungeons.

Secondly, who asked for leveling dungeons? We asked for ENDGAME dungeons and content. Wow I dont understand how this even happen.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• Options
    beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
    Bug: Dungeon: Castle Never: Orcus
    After getting just a few Opressive Force, Orcus got pushed behind the wall.

Fullscreen (1920×1080): //benio.me/pub/res/img/Neverwinter/cnorcusresetfull.png

Then suddenly reseted and we had to begin from zero.
    This time we had to play with him like ping–pong with OPs not to push him too far from spawn (why OPs pushes enemies so hard?!).

However, we got stuck on "Defeat Undead Adventures" phase.
    Since some point, the bar stopped advancing, while we kept killing spawning adds infinitelly.

I am aware, this happened due to boss reset and I am aware, this can happen on wipe aswell.
    Finally, we was unable to end this instance.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    meirami said:

BUG: Being able to use mounts
    Mounts are usable inside the dungeon. Is that intentional?

Feedback: Damn I hope it's intended that we're allowed to use mounts or that's A LOT of walking
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    urabask said:

Feedback: Damn I hope it's intended that we're allowed to use mounts or that's A LOT of walking

I agree. Mounts are a good change to the old dungeon if intended.

• Options
    aimeesellersaimeesellers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 342 Arc User
    meirami said:

urabask said:

I agree. Mounts are a good change to the old dungeon if intended.

Not really... we just tried it. You can ride past everything to the bosses... easily kill what does manage to follow you, and complete the dungeon without fighting 90% of what is in it. Lame... very very lame.
    A'Mie Stormshield (GF) / A'Mie Stormshard (CW)
    Play Legit or Quit
    PandorasMisfits_Logo_175_zpskpytcqxc.png
    Pandora's Misfits Guild Leader
  • Options
    edited February 2016

Not really... we just tried it. You can ride past everything to the bosses... easily kill what does manage to follow you, and complete the dungeon without fighting 90% of what is in it. Lame... very very lame.

Well, no. Players can run (and have run) past everything anyway, mounted or not. It's the design of the dungeon itself that encourages people to rush past mobs because there are no gates, except just before bosses, and the groups of adds are very sparse.

If you take away the mounts, people are still going to run as far as they can get. It's the same with every other leveling dungeon.
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    • Did your play time match the expected play time of approximately 30 minutes?
    I did 2 playthroughs with lvl 70s, and both were significantly faster. The 1st one would have been less than 10 minutes if not for lag.

• If playing with characters well above the map level , was the dungeon a challenge?
    Not in the least. On the 1st run, we were able to kill the dragon in one pass before it could leave again. On the 2nd run (different group), I took the second boss down from half HP to dead with one Ice Knife (I'm a 3K CW). The level scaling is not working very well.

• Most importantly, regardless of level, was it fun?
    The mobs were easy to bypass and everything went by so fast, that it didn't even feel like a dungeon, more like a skirmish. So not much fun for a dungeon.

---

FEEDBACK: I like the yellow/orange visual effect making it look like there is actually liquid hot magma in there, but it's way too strong. Taking it down to about half intensity sounds about right.

Also, I have mixed feelings about mounts in dungeons. It makes it even easier to skip mobs, which I don't like, but for covering ground between mobs, or especially if needing to catch up after dying, it would be fantastic. This is all assuming that was intentional...
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Feedback

Unlike the new campaign and the Mountsystem, Karru was not something I wanted to spend my time testing.

Why?

Well, as it is - I do not have the slightest interest in this content, and doubt I will ever run it. Like many other players, I have not been asking for new "leveling" dungeons - I wanted new things to do at level 70, and this simply is not worth my time.

If you had introduced the "epic" versions of all four dungeons now, saying that the "normal" versions would come later, there might have been a bit of grumbling, but most players would have been fine with it, as I think most players have one or more alts at level 70 and would really appreciate new worthwhile activity for them.

The simple fact is that the majority of your playerbase has not been asking for a return of leveling dungeons - they have asked for return of epic dungeons, and by not listening, you have failed. You let down your players and wasted your time. I am not going to waste mine.

You might save the situation if you announced that mod 10 would bring epic versions of the dungeons with BoE loot.

Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    i dislike this new fog,gas effect ,we need epic version as well :/
    Post edited by warpet on
  • Options
    kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    adinosii said:

Feedback

Unlike the new campaign and the Mountsystem, Karru was not something I wanted to spend my time testing.

Why?

Well, as it is - I do not have the slightest interest in this content, and doubt I will ever run it. Like many other players, I have not been asking for new "leveling" dungeons - I wanted new things to do at level 70, and this simply is not worth my time.

If you had introduced the "epic" versions of all four dungeons now, saying that the "normal" versions would come later, there might have been a bit of grumbling, but most players would have been fine with it, as I think most players have one or more alts at level 70 and would really appreciate new worthwhile activity for them.

The simple fact is that the majority of your playerbase has not been asking for a return of leveling dungeons - they have asked for return of epic dungeons, and by not listening, you have filed. You let down your players and wasted your time. I am not going to waste mine.

+1
    we need more high lvl dungeons , Castle Never is not enough !
  • Options
    whitestaruawhitestarua Member Posts: 175 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    Returning of CoK is nothing, if there no is an Epic version....
  • Options
    canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    quote" Features:

Small group play: 3 player dungeon (maximum of 2 of any class)"

Why the artificial roadblocks? It is a three man dungeon and you are seriously limiting who and what and how many classes can play together.

Again it is a 3 man dungeon. Let us worry about comp.. thanks
  • Options
    kaedennnkaedennn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 361 Arc User
    they shouldn't have bother with normal version only , i was excited when i've read their annoucement till i discovered it's only normal , i won't even bother quieuing for that !
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    I think the reason for the restriction of "maximum of 2 of any class" if because in the past there were periods where certain classes felt unwanted. People wanted to run content with certain combinations, like 5 CWs and one DC or whatever, and certain classes had a tough time getting into groups.

However, this was not a flaw of the queue system, but a problem with the classes - it indicated that some classes were too overpowered or too underpowered in PvE compared to others. This needed to be fixed in the classes - not by changing the queue.

I have enjoyed some pretty odd combinations in dungeons - like an all-DC run (lots of fun, and could actually be challenging, depending on the dungeon), but now there is a pointless restriction in place.

It makes sense to have class restrictions in place for random queues (one tank, one healer, one dps or whatever), but if people queue up as a party, let them. Don't restrict people's fun for no good reason.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    azaghal12345azaghal12345 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I don't like the new look. Everything is now yellowish. Makes it hard to see red areas.

The dungeon was no challenge at all. I ran with a level 70 GF and item level of about 1000. I didn't have to care about anything. Red areas, whatever. My HP bar hardly went down.

Being able to use mounts was nice. I hope this will stay.

After having run Karrundax for countless times before module 6, it is not fun anymore. After all, it's still the same dungeon. If there will not be an epic version I don't see a point of bringing the dungeon back. Who is supposed to be running it?
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    adinosii said:

It makes sense to have class restrictions in place for random queues (one tank, one healer, one dps or whatever), but if people queue up as a party, let them. Don't restrict people's fun for no good reason.

I am relatively certain that private queues place no such restrictions or will not when fixed if they're currently buggy. Not more than two of a class means that if you pug it, the queue isn't going to give you 3 OPs and no DPS.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia