test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Best PVE/PVP rotations for 3k TR Newbie.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
After dropping my HR for the time being until the class gets a buff, I went back to my TR Slyboots.

Power is about 25k-30k in pvp and 30k-35k+ in pve. Arpen about 60%+. Crit about 40% in both. Perfect vorpal. Executioner. Purple Lolset. Mythic DC sigil. Non-stat purple mount and no intent to buy snail etc. Optional trans feytouched coming soon. All boons except last 2 tiers in ToD. Purple twisted set. +4 Brutality and (don't hate lol) +4 ambush pvp, switched to +3 rising power pve. Doohickey. MI.

What I use atm. Pve: roll a bit to boost power from IWD boon. ITC for power boost from feat. Stealth. Throw doohickey, crits due to stealth, doesn't deplete or end stealth btw., drop smoke. Bloodbath immediate restealth from class feature, pop stealth for crits. Still enough stealth to hit with dazing strike for final whammy.

Pop DC sigil. Duelists flurry. Rinse repeat.

Probably I should pop sigil before bloodbath for a double daily..? Or change everything lol.

What I use pvp atm. (Serious nub-warning and bear in mind I usually soloQ and take pugluck) After initial mid slaughter-fest I slope off to 3 and troll for the match. First strike and the stealth refil on daily class feat. DF and the stealth refill 3 second cc immune feated on weapons btw.

Stealth first strike with lashing. If they don't die, bloodbath. If they don't die, dazing strike and DF/CoS in ITC, then same again from stealth, plus doohickey if I remember, Dc sigil gets popped at some point. If they are still alive I run about in ambush stealth until my daily is up and SE from tabstealth for lolkill.

If they are still alive I basically cut my losses and switch to permastealth passive "you will not cap that node alone" mode, and try to drag at least another enemy off mid to help them cap, hopefully more. When they come I'll try to SE them before going back into stealth with the help of ITC, to give my pugs a numerical advantage on mid. Just try to be irritating enough that the enemy have to station one or two of their stronger toons on 3 to counter me.

Problems: 1 on 1 Good HRs kill me easily and I don't know what to do with purple CWs. I'm guessing permabubble ops and immortal DCs are just straight up unkillable anyway. I don't use drains, but I guess I could, not worried about ethics in games tbh. Real life ethics sure, but virtual... uhm no.

Help plz.

No idea what my toon is now.

Comments

• jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Or alternatively, if you want to be more secretively helpful catch me in game @jonkoca.
  • trill34trill34 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    For PVE see this thread, it has several approaches. Milkyguy's post is where I got a lot of my rotation.

For AOE/trash-clearing I'm using Dazing Strike, Smoke Bomb, and either Wicked Reminder or Blade Flurry. For single target I'm using Wicked Reminder, Lashing Blade and either ITC or Smoke Bomb.

For passives I'm using Tactics and Invisible Infiltrator. For dailies Lurker's Assault and Whirlwind of Blades. Popping Lurker's with Invisible Infiltrator gives you a significant damage boost. Tactics and the DC artifact help keep this up. Single target DPS benefits from optimized Shadow of Demise uptime.

For PVP I use ITC, Smoke Bomb and Dazing Strike for encounters; Invisible Infiltrator and Skillful Infiltrator for passives; Shocking Execution and Bloodbath for dailies. I find SB and DS useful for 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 when back-capping. I use a similar node harassment strategy to yours, so I don't have much to add there.
    Thnx trill, I'll give them all a try, and thnx for the link.
  • milkyguymilkyguy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited February 2016
    In addition for pve, you can try slotting tenacious concealment rank 4 and do a 10 times stealthed BF during LA's duration. I've tried and made it work....in the trade of blades, but not successfully during run due to lag/being hit by mobs etc... Maybe you can :smile:

My perfect rotation for pvp is: wearing ambush ring +4, full radiants on offensive slots, first strike shocking execution for the lulz. But seriously though, if you're running a 60% pve armpen you wont be scratching those high tenacity geared players anyway, plus I find the MI-exe path somehow not suitable for pvp environment.
    Post edited by milkyguy on
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Seriously you all need to start looking into using the dual stat enchants if you are over r10 already. The deliver better stats, over all.

My suggestion is using BF like milky suggested. I often get double and triple kills from doing so. Having been surrounded by opponents and watching them all drop within seconds has made that a go to power. It is best used with Stealth and Lurker's, if you can't use it with both use it with one or the other.

I like running against inexperienced MIExecs because they always lead with SE... and show no skill after that.

People have said that I die a lot in matches... I also cap and backcap all day long. I will charge a node with 2 or 3 opponents... and I will either scare them enough with my initial damage that they will run to the pots... or I will die. I am cool with that. Also... it usually takes more than a 1v1 to kill me. A lot of over-zealous TRs have found that out.

I am suggesting that you do not use the standard tools that a MI TR would use. I suggest going outside of the box because people will not expect it.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
    Thanks guys, I'll work on getting my rotations timed better in pve, already doubled my paingiver results using everyone's suggestions.

Pvp continues to be the usual hit/miss affair depending on matchmaking, I can either kill everyone with a glance, or beat on someone for 5 minutes without doing more than tickle them lol.