test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Eye of Lathander BoP from Blessed Gift of the Gods

scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
So i got my first Blessed gift of the Gods and got an Eye of Lathander \o/ and then i saw it was BoC. not cool guys :/ i don't need a eye on this character, i need it on a different one.
So umm, why is this bound to character and not Bound to Account at least? And is the rest of the stuff going to be bound to character as well from zen packs?
Guild - The Imaginary Friends
We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!

Comments

• bige03bige03 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    these guys dont care what you want, they use terms like "were keeping you safe from hackers stealing it" or "its a gift from the gods and is ment only for that char", and crud like that.
    the only time something should be BoC is after you have equiped it.
    I love how you cant discard or sell some items that you are forced to keep and take up a slot and you have no use for it at all.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    So i opened another pack on a new toon and the item was also BoC. Seems like the Blessed pack that you get from the quest only gives BoC items.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I bought an imperial dragon cloak level 60 from the store and i thought it was binds on equip and it was bind on pickup, the thing is the lathander cloak its bind on equip, so why do they have some items binds on equip and others don't?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    All the artifact items in the Blessed Gift of the Gods are bound to character, whether you buy them from the Zen store or get them from the quest. This is what the devs intended.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

All the artifact items in the Blessed Gift of the Gods are bound to character, whether you buy them from the Zen store or get them from the quest. This is what the devs intended.

Then, the blessed gift should mention in its rewards that items are bound to character and not on equip as every tooltip says. that is how devs fool the community.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited January 2016

Then, the blessed gift should mention in its rewards that items are bound to character and not on equip as every tooltip says.

While I don't think it's intentional, I'd like to emphasize that correct tooltips are important and this kind of error happens way too often.

And that's why more conspiracy-minder players believe you do it on purpose. Because it's awfully convenient that so many binding-behavior tooltip errors end up separating uninformed players from some type of currency.

@strumslinger

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • foxxy#4211 foxxy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 563 Arc User

Then, the blessed gift should mention in its rewards that items are bound to character and not on equip as every tooltip says.

While I don't think it's intentional, I'd like to emphasize that correct tooltips are important and this kind of error happens way too often.

And that's why more conspiracy-minder players believe you do it on purpose. Because it's awfully convenient that so many binding-behavior tooltip errors end up separating uninformed players from some type of currency.

@strumslinger

Well, if u ask me, i think it is intentional. They had the time to fix it all the week before if they had realised that and as u said this is not only now, it happens too often. And i think it is more disrespectful for players who buy zen to buy the blessed from store, hoping to get a valuable item to sell on Auction house; this has no other meaning than fooling ur community. It is not like conspiracy-mind players, it is what devs make their players believe.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I asked the devs and the item is working as intended.

I'm really sorry. I wish there was something more I could do. I also know the importance of tooltips and have brought it up to the devs, as well.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Yeah, the only place it says that the items will be BoC is in the blog post, which many people do not read. Critical information should be in the Tooltip
  • setillsetill Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    It's kinda annoying, i opened 20 boxes from the zen store : 4 oghmas, 4 eye of lathenders and a bunch of belts.
    All bind on character.
    at least binds on account so alts can use it... and more $$ spent to refine them.
    I can only throw them because it takes too much slots.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited January 2016

I'm really sorry. I wish there was something more I could do. I also know the importance of tooltips and have brought it up to the devs, as well.

They actually say in the calendar under the event details that all of them are bind on equip.

I mean I'm sure you can find some way to weasel out of deceptive advertising claims because no one is going to sue over this but this is a bit more than just tool tips being wrong.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited January 2016

@strumslinger

I can't even remember playing a game in which so many of these instances of absolute incompetence occur. If I made these types of mistakes at work, I'd be fired and rightly so.

Seriously? I'm glad you are sorry, but you guys can't keep taking peoples money and then saying "heh, oops, we boobooed, sorry!". Even the worst companies in america dont generally get away with that HAMSTER...gaming companies only do so because there is no brick and mortar place nearby where customers can go to yell.

Easiest solution, you have a test server.......USE IT FOR EVERYTHING!!! Stop trying to hide stuff, cause thats when things go wrong.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    scathias said:

So i got my first Blessed gift of the Gods and got an Eye of Lathander \o/ and then i saw it was BoC. not cool guys :/ i don't need a eye on this character, i need it on a different one.
    So umm, why is this bound to character and not Bound to Account at least? And is the rest of the stuff going to be bound to character as well from zen packs?

Now grind it for 18 months every day on several characters in DR Lairs to get it on a toon you rarely use anymore and you'll understand how happy a lot of people were to start seeing BoE versions in the AH for a reasonable price.

• solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User

I would like if you explain to me why the imperial dragon cloak its binds on pickup and the lathander cloak its binds on equip? And why they cant be all binds on equip?
  • sher0013sher0013 Member Posts: 76 Arc User

@strumslinger

Oh, I'm so believing cyptics did it on purpose. First there were companions' bonuses in Domination that made some PvP players spend huge sums on companions. And then, a month later or so they said it was a bug. Now there is this... example of "incompetence".

You know what? Since some of blessed gift items are BoC while others are BoE, I think you just hastily added the "Items in the gift are Bound to Character" just before the event. I don't know for what reason, but it was a dirty trick.
    You should make everything BoA at least, so that those poor souls who actually spent money on zen gifts could give artifacts to other characters on account.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    I opened a few of these, and while all the artifacts were BtC, I did get a Tymora's Coin, and it was BoE. None of the enchantments were bound, either.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    I pulled a Helmite Paladin Ghost Companion from one of my gifts and it is also BoC.
  • couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    Well. I got an Eye of Lathander on my Warlock. And I laughed. 'Cause, ya know, I had already gotten one back before mod5 in the Dread Ring.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    setill said:

It's kinda annoying, i opened 20 boxes from the zen store : 4 oghmas, 4 eye of lathenders and a bunch of belts.
    All bind on character.
    at least binds on account so alts can use it... and more $$ spent to refine them.

Wow, 8/20 was an artifact? Pretty awesome drop rate for artifacts. At that drop rate, it doesn't matter if it is BtC. I should play more this weekend. I still got some stability and union artifacts to make mythic
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User

setill said:

All bind on character.

Wow, 8/20 was an artifact? Pretty awesome drop rate for artifacts. At that drop rate, it doesn't matter if it is BtC. I should play more this weekend. I still got some stability and union artifacts to make mythic
    I opened 10 more bags, and got 2 Greater Lathandar necks, 1 Greater Lathandar belt, 2 coins of Tymora, and various other dyes, enchantments, etc.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    No artifacts for me, just 4 copies of the same artifact equipment BoP for one of my chars that doesn't need it. Worthless event, shame I was looking forward to it. Also looks like not many forgehammers dropping as the price has tripled during an event that drops them.
  • sher0013sher0013 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Got Eye of the Lathander on one of my low-level characters and Forgehammer of Gond on the other. Yay. I bought a lot of starlight parcels during Simril, but nothing will make me spend Zen on this stupid event.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    If you want an unbound Eye, get cracking open those Grazilaax Artifact packs.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    Seriously?
    All Lathander set (Blesserd Gift of the Gods) are BOP?

This is useless.... :/
  • throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    There is attention to detail. The devil is in the details. Your focus is just on the wrong details.