test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

VoteKick abuse

santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
edited December 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
I just finished a Battle for the Bridge and someone requested a vote-kick for another character. I don't know why they felt the need to deny the person a rank 3 enchant and a bottle of dye, but I said no.

A couple of days ago I got kicked from the end chest in Epic Demo. If they didn't like the way I played, they should have kicked me then! I've also had numerous unwarranted vote-kick requests of other players in E Demo.

Kicking after the final boss isn't allowed in normal dungeons. Why are folks allowed to troll in all other content??

Comments

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Good post. I was also kicked during demo because of i am a full debuff righteous dc. I did apply all debuffs seriously and keep use HG when my AP is full. However after my team enter middle phase 2 and wipe once when i started to swap and use healing encounters, they just say "this guy not healing, so noob, just kick for a new OP" and i was kicked suddenly. Already went to phase 2 and suddenly they ignore my contributions done in past few minutes and kick me out, hope they fail their run. Just prevent votekick in demo pls. Feel frustrated when ppl dont appreciate you and want you to play in their way.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited December 2015

If the character in question was afk/bot (hard to tell the difference when they aren't doing anything) I find it perfectly justified to kick them out. No need to grant bots extra income. Don't want to get kicked or treated like a bot? participate. Simple.

The one's I'm complaining about had nothing to do with AFK. Grievers, Trolls, what have you. I don't know about the person on Battle of the Bridge, but I don't have the time or energy to judge performance when the stakes are a rank 3 enchant. As for my kick, we took silver, I made a solid effort. I often am on Gold winning teams. Always somewhere on the Paingiver chart.
    Post edited by santralafax on
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    That's just sad. I'll try to remember to pass it along to Andy on Monday. I agree that people shouldn't be able to vote kick after the boss in CTA's either.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for bringing this up. I'll let the devs know.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    Last night, I had several failed eDemo runs. The first, one person left the instance while still grouped, went to PE, and started spamming kicks over and over and over and over. Must have done it 50 times....causing the first run to fail getting gold in Phase 2 because 4 of us needed to keep clicking the window and couldnt do anything.

Second fail, 6 people total ended up leaving the run. One left for 5+ minutes and then came back for the rewards (thankfully with 4 people we didn't get anything). I've gotten the 30 minute penalty for leaving before, so they either figured they would deal with it, or figured out a way around it.

With eDemo, if someone leaves, you are SCREWED. Nobody else will join in to your instance because the system won't send people to you. Since you can't just give up, you are forced to sit there for 10+ minutes, waiting for it to end.

The mechanic of "The better you do, the more you get" seems like a good idea. In practice, people will sit and inspect the entire team, every item, every enchant, every class, to see if the group meets their expectation of what it gets to get 3xGOLD. If not, they ditch. Happens in Demo, eDemo, TODG and POM and it is really annoying. That and the obvious option to grief people in those instances by misdirecting the hulks on purpose.

Not sure what can be done really...I'll just pre-group going forward (since yo can't queue a 10 man group, this isn't a foolproof solution either, TY Devs).
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    For eDemo, I will vote to kick players who are afk or give up and stand by the entrance. No way in heck I'm letting them get anything if they are not going to contribute whether we get Bronze x 3 or what. If the group is terrible then suck it up like the rest of us and continue helping to at least get something out of it.
    edited December 2015
    eion311 said:

For eDemo, I will vote to kick players who are afk or give up and stand by the entrance. No way in heck I'm letting them get anything if they are not going to contribute whether we get Bronze x 3 or what. If the group is terrible then suck it up like the rest of us and continue helping to at least get something out of it.

That's not abuse of vote kick, however. You've got plenty of time before the boss is dead to notice them and seek their demise. I'm talking about people who will actively look to keep someone from getting an end chest cause, well, they were able to do it. Take the case of the vote kick request in CTA.
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    Last week I was kicked by "get green loot" (my guild is small, I need this loot).
    It is ridiculous, guys.

We need a tool to report injust votekick.

Last week I was kicked by "get green loot" (my guild is small, I need this loot).
    It is ridiculous, guys.

Understandable, but i will still kick you if you are in my team. You spoiled whole run by blocking our vision with loot rolls and may cause us to death if we mispressed something to cancel off that loot box.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    well today i got someone kicked right before he could get the chest because he didn't participate in phase 3 as well as standing around a lot in phase 2 but kicking during combat is hard and i probably made my teammates upset for initiating it mid fight. but they agreed to kick him after at least
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • bauggsbauggs Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Overmeyer described the performance metrics look at things like number of waves survived, or kill count thresholds on a swarm of demons where 10 kills would be Bronze, 20 for Silver or 30+ for Gold tier ranking.
    so actually when hitting 3xsilver and almost gold you can get gold rewards and i think when the overall performance is calculated and you get over lets say that 30 you will get any gold reward there is so it doesnt mean you need to get 3xgold to get max reward.
    edited December 2015
    scathias said:

well today i got someone kicked right before he could get the chest because he didn't participate in phase 3 as well as standing around a lot in phase 2 but kicking during combat is hard and i probably made my teammates upset for initiating it mid fight. but they agreed to kick him after at least

I wasn't there, but you do sound like you have a lot of time to determine what others are doing. When I play I spend a lot of effort fighting. I don't stand around monitoring the situation.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I dc'd during the second stage of Throne, logged back in in a minute... to find that I was vote-kicked before I came back. The funny as hell part was that they still hadn't finished that stage and I was the only reason they had been doing well.​​
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    please no, vote to kick in edemogorgon is absolutely needed. people trolling, staying afk, hitting the wrong holes, stay dead on the floor... those need to be kicked
  • bauggsbauggs Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    these kind of behaviors should give auto-ban 1h-3days if continue to hurt your party.i think they can make something that if you are duing something wrong and continue doing so the program gives auto-ban 1h after that 1d 3d etc
    edited December 2015
    rayrdan said:

please no, vote to kick in edemogorgon is absolutely needed. people trolling, staying afk, hitting the wrong holes, stay dead on the floor... those need to be kicked

Vote kicking won't help, though. You won't get a replacement for an underperformer and you won't win with 4 people on your team. Trolls who purposefully heal Goristro and those who remain AFK or dead on the floor should be kicked. But there is a level of vote kicking that is just another form of trolling.
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    jazzfong said:

Good post. I was also kicked during demo because of i am a full debuff righteous dc. I did apply all debuffs seriously and keep use HG when my AP is full. However after my team enter middle phase 2 and wipe once when i started to swap and use healing encounters, they just say "this guy not healing, so noob, just kick for a new OP" and i was kicked suddenly. Already went to phase 2 and suddenly they ignore my contributions done in past few minutes and kick me out, hope they fail their run. Just prevent votekick in demo pls. Feel frustrated when ppl dont appreciate you and want you to play in their way.

I am also a righteous DC (with gift of haste) who wears high prophet. For me, the only difficult part of Demog is the first phase because it's difficult to heal everyone or, after I close a tear, mob kills me because no one helps me. In phase 2 and 3, my buffs/debuffs are very helpful to kill boss quicker. If you are being kicked in phase 2, then something is probably wrong with your righteous DC.

DC: Divine Oracle and Righteous
    Phase 1
    Bastion of Health
    divine glow
    healing word

Phase 2 and 3
    break the spirit
    divine glow
    healing word

Prophetic action and foresight
    astral seal and brand of the sun and hallowed ground
    gift of haste 4/5
    fire of the gods 1/5
    have faith 5/5
    3-piece Lathandar set
    soulforged and terror enchantments
  • pixxyleepixxylee Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    On the subject of loot rolls, is there a way to shut that off? I'd love to have an option in my settings to pass on everything. I don't want greens or Residuum. In fact, there aren't any drops that I want to vote on. If there isn't that option, I beg the devs to please give me the option to opt out.
    Ah wait that isnt demo, it is PoM. I am ok with demo.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,215 Arc User
    One good reason I noticed that I would say that should be kicked in this CTA was the person who never left the camp fire until after everything is done. Everything were 0 in his scoring card. On the other hand, I don't really care about a 30 seconds run.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    jazzfong said:

It is ridiculous, guys.

Understandable, but i will still kick you if you are in my team. You spoiled whole run by blocking our vision with loot rolls and may cause us to death if we mispressed something to cancel off that loot box.
    Why don't you just set your loot threshold to blue+, or your loot method to round-robin or FFA?

Unfortunately it scrambles who the party leader is when you join a match and uses the party leader's setting, but if you set *your* settings that way, at least it will hold true when you're the party leader. And if everyone who wants "no green rolls" starts setting their loot settings that way, the odds of that being the rule in the dungeon goes way up.
    edited December 2015

I vote kick people who decide to display their displeasure at the groups in Demo for not achieving gold every time. If you begin spouting insults at your group mates and I'm in the group I will initiate a vote kick on you for being counter productive and insulting. There is no reason to do this in PVE, it's just silly and rude.

My biggest thing is the kicks at the end chest. That being said, I got kicked again about 4/5 of the way through phase 3 in what was shaping to be a 3for 3 gold. I fail to see how you could get gold in multiple phases if I was underperforming. I tried chatting with them to determine what the cause was, but of course, I got the talk with the hand. I've got my 20 ichor now, so I don't have to deal with that anymore.

As for bad behavior like you are describing, I regularly leave dungeons when people get vote-kick happy or abusive. I usually try do it in a way that leaves them in a lurch--because now they're down 2 players and sometimes they'll be lucky if they even replace one. One guy was deriding the member with the lowest ilevel doing Malablog until he left. I left too, I had the highest ilevel. I said bye-bye to the abusive player by name on the way out.