test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF Unstoppable bug [since 04-2015]

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Is this still an issue? Cause I haven't had any more issues with it personally.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    b3llist0rb3llist0r Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    Yes it is. We made an experiment on 2015-11-02 and tried to kill the black dragon (dragonflight) with 2 GWF and 1 GF. During the fight we both had the bug several times. And died several times, too.

//Bellistor
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    What is the status of this issue?
    It is the biggest GWF bug ATM.
    There are threads everwhere over and over again
    (http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/564184/once-a-while-i-cannot-do-unstoppable-is-it-a-known-bug)
    This is really annyoing.
    Why is it so difficult to review some code lines.

The bug is active for around HALF A YEAR now.

//Bellistor
  • Options
    mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    There are 2 possible explanations i can think of:
    - Code for GWF mechanics was developed by someone who left company, and now no one has enough skills to understand how it works and why it is broken.
    - It works as intended, or they don't care about it.
  • Options
    kingsgracekingsgrace Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    I haven't noticed the temp HP part, but I have noticed I get bugged when my determination bar fills up BEFORE I've finished using it up after activation (it's already just under half-filled or so the moment the animation ends) - I think the determination bar is filling up before it's actually finished and perhaps it isn't being registered as being refilled or ending. Only solution I've found is to take damage to roughly 50-75% of my base hitpoints (REALLY hard when you use a Trans.Negation...)
  • Options
    It never happens when I am below 100% HP. I was protected in a OP bubble in a Demogorgon fight and Unstoppable was blocked for the whole duration because I was not able to receive damage. When I provoke damage too hard to reset the bug this can kill my paladin or my guardian fighter (KV) because they eat my damage.
  • Options
    reddevilbsreddevilbs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User
    It happens to me very often, usually when temp HP from previous unstoppable is not drained. There is no consecution when this will happen.
  • Options
    zehcnasbojmirzehcnasbojmir Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    This bug is annoying as HAMSTER, rarely happens in PvP. I get it constantly in PvE and it is a major detriment to my DPS and also occasionally leads to weird deaths that shouldn't occur......in skirmishes and dungeons where I am taking mass damage, I go from not being able to activate unstoppable because I have temp HPs to almost dead. Most of the time I can activate unstoppable again before i go splat.

Fix it devs.
  • Options
    logarythmlogarythm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 11 Arc User
    This has something to temp hp or after usage crescendo.
    But as devs think NOBODY CARES ABOUT GWF :smiley:
  • Options
    hedgebethedgebet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 447 Arc User
    I think they should make unstoppable permanent until they can resolve this issue. I mean I am unstoppable more than I am not currently even with this annoying bug.
  • Options
    jrborbajrborba Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User
    It got more often now on new skirmishes and within demogorgon. IDK the reason, but im experiencing it a lot since new module is on.

Hope you guys find a solution.
    If there is any known workaround please lemme know.

REgards
  • Options
    My guess is one of the people responsible for bug fixes looks at another and asks "Is there some sort of bug with GWF unstoppable?". The other replies "I think there was something at one time but I think it got fixed". The first concludes "Good, Will mark as fixed and remove from the list -- next".
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    i still play gwf, 3.9k tab power bugged.
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Still happening on my Half-orc, but NOT happening on my Dragonborn.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Happen to me up to 5 times in every skirmish/dung. And you can't do absolutely nothing if you have OP and/or HR who use fox cunning in you party. $ux very hard! :s
  • Options
    katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    Solution: Buy more Zen.
  • Options
    jrborbajrborba Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12 Arc User

Will get this to the devs.

Any news from Devs strumslinger? We've got several updates and patches up since this comment, but none adressed this bug that is still the most annoying/frustating/offpissing (if u will) thing for a GWF
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I was finally able to repro this on my own and have sent the exact steps to the devs. Thank you for all the help.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    Strum, you are a community manage dude!!! How were the devs not able to reproduce this on their own? It's been such a huge issue for so long, and so obvious how to do it... Are they really this clueless? Or just they are only allowed to work on what certain people say they can work on? It really doesn't make any sense to me.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
  • Options
    freshour said:

Strum, you are a community manage dude!!! How were the devs not able to reproduce this on their own? It's been such a huge issue for so long, and so obvious how to do it... Are they really this clueless? Or just they are only allowed to work on what certain people say they can work on? It really doesn't make any sense to me.

Exactly this applied to virtually every bug submitted. I don't think they have an QC or bug resolution anymore. One simply has to look at the duration of bugs and issues to realize this. Sometimes they may stumble over a solution while breaking something else but I fear that is incidental or coincidental and not deliberate.

I have long since given up.
  • Options

I was finally able to repro this on my own and have sent the exact steps to the devs. Thank you for all the help.

Okay, that is good news!
    It took long, very long, but hey.. we got feedback from time to time.
    @strumslinger : TY !

Now I am really really curious about how long it takes for the devs to understand the issue and fix it.

I mean as a BIS GWF the issue is not so critical but for new GWF players (a lot out there ATM ^^) this is really annoying...

//Bellistor
  • Options
    marcoparad85marcoparad85 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    As of today is still happening. Frankly I lost all hope months ago after a boatload of reports got no answer.
    I trust Andy and I hope we'll get some answers this time.
    @strumslinger if you need any help in reproducing the bug let me know. I can't do a dungeon without it ;)

• Options
    kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    Ran 2 Underdark skirmishes today, Unstoppable worked maybe 50% of the time. Seems to be most likely to fail when the GWF is in the middle of the fight with heavy mobs.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Of course it is still happening!

This means the bug is confirmed, reproducable and there is nothing more to do for us except... to wait until they fix it.

When strum is the first who reproduced it... I assume ... before this activity (I created this report 2015-09-14) no one else (of the PWE/Cryptic team) tried! There were a lot of reports but nothing happens. Now there is activity and the last patch notes are going into the right direction..

So lets stay hopeful! Strum invested time into this issue and it will be placed onto the issue-list for the devs. But at which priority? --> This is the most annyoing GWF bug ATM.

//Bellistor

Post edited by b3llist0r on
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    My DB GWF still has yet to experience this bug... but my Half-Orc GWF still does. I wonder if it's connected to one of the campaign boons (DB doesn't have as many boons as the H-O does).

And still, temp HP or not, it doesn't matter.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    Yepp. Strum said he can reproduce it. So they can debug and fix the bug. The big question remains.. when?
  • Options
    tantrumusmaximustantrumusmaximus Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited December 2015
    If they can reproduce the issue. As we all know its the temp health thing and taking dmg frees the problem so Unstoppable works again....

Why wouldn't a core class function broken and bugged not be a #1 priority to fix?

As in next patch... Please

Or at least "update"...
  • Options
    muratttimurattti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 417 Arc User
    2 patch done gwf issue tab power noting fix why ? i can play maim characters gwf 3,9 item lvl ? i cant use tab not huge dps .
    gwf first power tab in combat pvp ? how many years later fix ım waiting 2 month....
  • Options
    So... month after month later... and nothing has changed.
    I will never understand this lack of player support.

Points at this at the Dev Q&A... 2016-01-21