test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unrepentant Gaming's Stronghold Calculator

ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
edited November 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
From the biggest egg-shaped heads with the brightest minds at Unrepentant Gaming comes the Stronghold Calculator. This tool is designed to help Guild Leaders (as well as peons who know math good) to calculate the costs to upgrade their Strongholds, as well as how much specific buildings cost.

You can calculate based on empty coffers, or use the array at the bottom of the tool to mimic what's currently been donated. You can then see how much more of what needs to be stuffed down the gullet of that insatiable Stronghold Mimic. Please note that the AD cost is in AD chests, or x1000's of AD.

This is our first version to be publicly released. We welcome any and all feedback, as well as dirty jokes, limericks, pictures of your sister and beers. No goats, though. We have a strict "no goat" policy here at Unrepentant Gaming.

Enjoy!
"Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
i7TZDZK.gif?1
Post edited by ironzerg79 on

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    It's also just been brought to my attention that we actually DO have goats in the Animal Pen icon and that now is inconsistent with our "no goat" policy. So...ok...for the time being we've temporarily waived the "no goat" policy.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    I see much goodness in this, HURRAH for Ironzerg, Hurrah for Pantless gaming.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I didn't make it. I'm just taking all the credit for it. :D

If there's technical questions, I'll have to go grab one of the engineers down in the basement back at HQ.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • zukn75zukn75 Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    The pants have been removed neverthless, people willl have to deal with it. (Actualy that sounds wrong...but it feels so right)
  • peterbilodeaupeterbilodeau Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    I'm to blame for the broken bits, so feel free to let me know if there's a bug. We're going to try to improve it going forward and feedback is always welcome. Especially good stuff.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    Well, there do I find the calculator? There is no link.
    strongholds.unrepentantgaming.com
    One more thing: the URL contains the info the calc needs to recreate a session of tinkering. So, once you're happy with it, bookmark it then, to return later and not have to reenter everything - or share the resulting URL with fellow GLs (or your minions).
    Sorry! Had a copy and paste fail. Link is in...*grumples about too many websites with too many different brackets*
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited November 2015

This is our first version to be publicly released. We welcome any and all feedback, as well as dirty jokes, limericks, pictures of your sister and beers. No goats, though.
    Enjoy!

Prey that none of the guildies from nocturnal indiscretions see this thread and decide to take you seriously @ironzerg79 :p.

Great guide though.
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    There seem to be some zeroes missing with the AD cost, for a lvl 20 guild hall, i get 89.7K(89700), which should be 89.7M I guess.
  • kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    umsche said:

There seem to be some zeroes missing with the AD cost, for a lvl 20 guild hall, i get 89.7K(89700), which should be 89.7M I guess.

From OP:
    "... Please note that the AD cost is in AD chests, or x1000's of AD."

@peterbilodeau
    First of all, thanks a lot for it. There are some things need to be fixed, but this is a great tool.

There is a mistake w/ the calculation. GH rank20 should be be 48,5k AD chest from lvl1-lv20 GH (only GH) while calculation shows 89,7k. Seems it adds the sum of the cost of the previous ranks/the cost of the previous rank. I.e:
    Owned GH rank: 1
    Goal GH rank: 6
    AD cost: 6,2k <- should be 3,8k; difference: 2,4k <- sum of Rank1-Rank5
    If I increase the owned rank to Rank5 the AD cost shows 2,6k; it should be 1,4k <- difference is 1,2k the cost of Rank4-Rank5.

Same w/ Influence, have not had time to check the rest.
  • pherrowpherrow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    Please extend a TY to your brain-trust, Iron. This should prove to be very useful.

The opinion on goats is unfortunate, however.
    Thanks for the feedback guys. If you notice any other errors, please don't be shy about sharing. This was put together by a team of 4-5 people, and as complex as it is to get all the costs for all the resources at all the ranks correct, it wouldn't surprise me if we need to double check some stuff.

@umsche We made the decision to track the resources on the AD costs as AD Chests, since that's how the game measures it. In the guild coffers, it stores AD chests as well, so we're trying to be consistent. But the total AD cost is what's shown times x1000.

@peterbilodeau Maybe what we can do is figure out a way to display total AD costs somewhere in terms of raw AD, because it seems like that's a number people really want to see at some point.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    This tool makes depressive :P
    @kacsanever is right. Something has gone awry with the calc code. I'm digging around in it and trying to figure out what is causing the lower level costs to dup in the totals.

@ironzerg79 I can add a note with the raw AD total, right after I crush a bug.
    It's a reality check for people, particularly on Xbox, who are already calling their current artifact weapons "obsolete" because of the new Stronghold ones...yeah...about that...
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • cbniacbnia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 77 Arc User
    Thanks for posting and sharing this with us! :smiley:
    @cbnia

Guild Medieval *GH20*
    We are always recruiting mature, family-friendly, helpful and courteous people
    www.guildmedieval.com
    Fixed the bug and our web-lord has reloaded the file, so it should be calculating consistently. Thanks for catching that @kacsanever !
  • kacsaneverkacsanever Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    @ironzerg79
    I think the AD cost showing is Ok, it is consistent to what you see in-game. Once you have time, a note on the site about that it shows AD chest -like in-game - not raw AD will be welcomed but it is fine as it is now.
    @peterbilodeau
    You are welcome. As I wrote, it is a great tool you were/are working on in your free time. Thanks again for everyone was/is working on it.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    now we just mail lil tool this to cryptic and see what the almighty data says......
  • umscheumsche Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 461 Arc User
    Yep, my bad I didn't read the full post. :)

The way it is now is fine. :)

Thanks for that great tool.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    Did anyone take the time to calculate the total costs in AD, influence, etc for a R20 Stronghold, including maxed boons, market place etc.

It is not that I like to get depressed, but I would like to see the numbers.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    Use the tool.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    edited November 2015

Use the tool.

I did use it. According to the tool, for 10 R 10 structures and R 20 guild, with 150 accounts active, every player has to spent 35.7466.667 AD. This are 4 years and one month of refining 24k RAD with 150 characters every day.

While the rest is somehow doable with a big active guild, the AD requirements seem to be based on 'old' leadership.

As I said before, if you buy the AD with ZEN, you could buy a real house for this ammount...
  • suicidalgodotsuicidalgodot Member Posts: 2,465 Arc User
    asterotg said:

Use the tool.

I did use it. According to the tool, for 10 R 10 structures and R 20 guild, with 150 accounts active, every player has to spent 35.7466.667 AD. This are 4 years and one month of refining 24k RAD with 150 characters every day.

While the rest is somehow doable with a big active guild, the AD requirements seem to be based on 'old' leadership.

As I said before, if you buy the AD with ZEN, you could buy a real house for this ammount...
    ...which would be quite tight fit for 150 gamers and their rig :^D

Nah, the prices are somewhat delusional towards the end. Even for big guilds. And not only AD, all else becomes a 24/7 grond-o-rama, eventually. Whoever concieved this pricing scheme apparently didn't do the math...
    You're using the wrong number. You're looking at Gems (which is the white diamond icon) and not AD, which is the Turquoise gem icon...confusing? Yes. But those are the icons taken directly from the game.

To get to level 20 on the GH (to unlock level 10 buildings) you need 12 buildings at level 9. So it really doesn't make sense to raise anything other than the boon buildings and market to level 10.

So I got the total cost to get a R20 GH, R10 Market and 4 R10 Boon Buildings (Barracks/Temple/Stable/Workshop) to be 269,300 Chests of AD or 269.3 million AD. Divided by 150, that's about 1.8 million AD each. Or 75 days of 24k/day of AD.

Or you could say 75 x 150 = 11,250 player days worth of time to max out the SH, assuming AD is the limiting resource. Which might not be the case...I think influence is more so, since you can only roughly earn 400 per character. And it looks like the total influence needed is about 10.85 million, or just over 27,000 character days of influence farming. So assuming you could get every player to farm influence each day on an average of 2.4 toons, you're set.

But we also know the build times are hard-coded, and with rank-1 day to build, you have 190 days of build time. So would you be able to say that in order to max out a SH as quickly as you can, you'd need 11,250/190 or about 60 active players contributing the maximum amount of resources needed each day?

If my math is right, that really doesn't seem totally crazy. It's a lot...but not totally crazy.
    i7TZDZK.gif?1

You're using the wrong number. You're looking at Gems (which is the white diamond icon) and not AD, which is the Turquoise gem icon...confusing? Yes. But those are the icons taken directly from the game.

To get to level 20 on the GH (to unlock level 10 buildings) you need 12 buildings at level 9. So it really doesn't make sense to raise anything other than the boon buildings and market to level 10.

So I got the total cost to get a R20 GH, R10 Market and 4 R10 Boon Buildings (Barracks/Temple/Stable/Workshop) to be 269,300 Chests of AD or 269.3 million AD. Divided by 150, that's about 1.8 million AD each. Or 75 days of 24k/day of AD.

Or you could say 75 x 150 = 11,250 player days worth of time to max out the SH, assuming AD is the limiting resource. Which might not be the case...I think influence is more so, since you can only roughly earn 400 per character. And it looks like the total influence needed is about 10.85 million, or just over 27,000 character days of influence farming. So assuming you could get every player to farm influence each day on an average of 2.4 toons, you're set.

But we also know the build times are hard-coded, and with rank-1 day to build, you have 190 days of build time. So would you be able to say that in order to max out a SH as quickly as you can, you'd need 11,250/190 or about 60 active players contributing the maximum amount of resources needed each day?

If my math is right, that really doesn't seem totally crazy. It's a lot...but not totally crazy.

You are right, I took the wrong icon, still. A guild of 150 active players ALL able to contribute 1.8 million AD is unrealistic. Hands down, how many players, besides a few beta players, whales and some ppl with 'other means' do you know, that can spent 1.8 million AD? I play since beta and I personaly met maybe 50 ppl, who were able to spent 1.8 million AD without selling something or cutting back somewhere (Not including PvP players I was matched up with/ against, just ppl I personally know/ knew).

I could deplete all my ADs and we would not have 1/10th of the needed ADs. Realistic are guilds with 10-50 active players with enough ADs to spent. This results in 10-20 players spending 10-20 million ADs and the rest contributing as they can.

If you dont have some whales or former exploiters in your guild, 270 million AD is either a tough nut or more than 4.5k Euro to spent (with a rate of 1:500 Zen: AD and the biggest packages available).

Thats just ADs. The other resources take time to farm and surplus equipment are a few million RAD wasted, to fill the coffers.

Concidering the fact, that from the 30-50 active players we had with stronghold release (after merging 5 small guilds) 5 active players are left, the result for me is, go big or go home. If you dont join a big actve guild, it is unrealistic to get somewhere.

If you're looking to have that much up front, it is insane. But, over the duration of a year, the AD is probably reachable. The influence is pretty crazy high.

If you're looking to have that much up front, it is insane. But, over the duration of a year, the AD is probably reachable. The influence is pretty crazy high.

Yes, for sure, if you a) log in every day b) get 24k RAD every day c) dont spent one AD for anything else. Dont forget, that every single player in your guild has to do the same.

Just bc many ppl have AD from before the LS nerf, they dont get how hard it is now to get a decent ammount of AD. Yes, run skirmishes, TOS, farm salvagable loot, sent it to your toons, dont forget to farm influence, do some dailies and so on.

Quit your day job spent 8h ingame and you can advance your stronghold and have a decent ammount of AD, no problem.

The only problem is, that this became an endless grind with low reward and high repitation. I recall, that they claimed, that the RAD changes were made to make playing the game more rewarding and more fun. They failed.