test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AD Generation Adjustments (not leadership)

armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Player Feedback (Xbox One)
On the whole I am supportive of the "time=AD", I do believe that rewards should come from playing the game, not playing the system.

Currently AD is earned through pvp/skirmishes/dungeons; all of which are group based events. That actually changes the AD generation rule to "time spent in specific types of group activities = AD".

It does however ignore basic human nature. Some people like pvp, some like skirmishes or dungeons, some just like doing campaign dailies and working on their boons. Rarely do you find a person that likes doing all 3 of the required tasks.

I personally like pvp and campaigns but I do not like skirmishes and I'm not geared for the good dungeons yet. For me this means I have to spend 90 minutes per character doing things I dislike (running 3 man dungeons that I could actually solo!).

Because of this I actually sacrifice AD so I don't have to do them on all characters and instead just work on my campaign boons.

I put this forward on another post but could I suggest that the daily campaign tasks award 1k AD on top of their current rewards? This way us PvE world content participants get rewards the way we want them and only have to run a couple of the current methods to hit the 24k cap?

Yes, this would mean that a player that does every AD generating task in the game could end up earning in excess of 50k AD in one day but this would take over 4 hours to achieve. With the refining cap it means those that only get to put in 'proper' game time once or twice a week can earn enough on those days to refine the next day when they only have an hour free.

The most relevant point for me personally is I would only have to play the parts I enjoy, thus enjoy the game more.

* on a side note - why do we get less AD for pvp than we do for skirmishes? They take the same amount of time. That is a bit unfair....
Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
Xane De Armadeon: CW
Zen De Armadeon: OP
Zohar De Armadeon: TR
Chrion De Armadeon: SW
Gosti Big Belly: GWF
Barney McRustbucket: GF
Lt. Thackeray: HR
Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox

Comments

• Options
    toriofthehordetoriofthehorde Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I agree!! I have been broke as a joke for some time now. I didn't do leader ship a ton before. I relied on drops and selling stuff on the auction house to make AD. I would make things in professions to sell.I did spend money on the game to buy zen to supplement. Now nothing seems to be selling. All these drops in the dungeons or anywhere should not be bound to you!!! :-( I have numerous characters i play actively. I have a cleric, control wizard, who are 70 and a pally thats 66. Trying to get to 70. I dont have time to run all these drawn out campaigns...that give you peanuts for rewards in boons..terrible rewards.. That cost u AD..that we can barely make any more... Im confused...they shouldn't cost a thing since they are not worth much!! Somewhere you guys made this system imbalanced. Most my guild has left!! They were so frustrated with the things im talking about they walked. They are playing other games trying to get us to join. Problem is i enjoy your game and im having faith that you will hear the cries of your ppl and fix these things and make this game fun again. I do not mind the grind.. Thats obvious..i like having things to work towards. But make it worth our while. One more thing. You need inbetween dungeons.. U have super easy and one shot kills..wtf?? Im blown away also how ghost stories is on crack now. That's supposed to be a lower level starting campaign.. How do u expect these lower level ppl to get through that? Did u guys realize how hard u made that 4 lower levels? I hope you read my comments.. They are not meant to be harsh. I just want to voice an opinion! I have spent time, money..and alot of heart in this game. I would hate to see it go down!!
    Thank you!!!!
  • Options
    bagoatbagoat Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    @ OP I agree that AD should be earned by doing content and not by simply letting something cook while off doing other things outside the game.
    In response to your last question about PvP earning less AD for the same time spent playing: I think that hits on your comment about people 'playing the game and not the system' in that, a group could organize a way to "throw matches" for each other in order to "maximize AD generation".
  • Options
    yourenext2dieyourenext2die Member Posts: 614 Arc User
    I also think that the previously stated idea of creating an AD finding enchantment (% to find AD when killing a foe) would also be a fantastic idea as well. I use to advocate for having the daily 24K AD refining limit increased, now a days I'm just happy that I can even reach it.
    Super Saiyan God- TR Lvl 70 (PVP)
    Unleash The Wolves- HR Lvl 70 (PVE)
    <font color="Aquamarine">"Non-Pay-To-Win"</font>
    I hunt GWF "Magik" on sight.
  • Options
    ajax0101ajax0101 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Anything done within the confines of the game is playing the game. Whether that's working the AH or running content or even leadership before it was pulled. The development team should have had something in place before they broke the economy. Guilds are going to need millions of AD to progress through strongholds not to mention the requirements to upgrade the characters within those guilds. Most of us have limited time and some passive AD generation will be required to meet the needs of people trying to develop end game characters beyond opening boxes and selling the contents. For that to continue working people need the AD to buy what comes out of those boxes.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Well they do need to increase players earning power but there's no way they will go back to Leadership - in which case we need more via the other channels.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    deathbringer#1709 deathbringer Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    They will eventually add the new AD making that they are adding to PC. Getting 3k ad for completing the weekly tasks in each campaign zone. I.E. Portal to Tuern, Biggrins Tomb.....etc