test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[XBOX] October patch server problems

haylenorehaylenore Member Posts: 14 Arc User
edited October 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Hello.

For the last three days since the newest patch, I cannot play the game for more than a few minutes before experiencing lag, the red SERVER NOT RESPONDING line, and eventual disconnect. When I try to log back in, I either get timed out or I sit for a minute or two or three before reconnecting. Then I get DC'ed again. I'm getting fed up. I really enjoy the game, have spent a chunk of money on it, and now I can't play it.

I have not had this problem until the most recent patch. I have spoken to a number of people about the constant server crashes, and they haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary. I checked my network settings, and they're fine, unchanged.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• blindmonkeyzblindmonkeyz Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    Maybe the maintenance next Tues will resolve all this. There is a 12 hr downtime window for everything. They posted it on twitter a few days ago.
    XB One
    LGPG Alliance
    Reagents of Death - Leader
    CW - Phoenix lvl 70 4034 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 4012 (Main)
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 4010 (Main)
    SW - Zor lvl 70 3230 (Main)
    OP - Box lvl 70 3002 (Retired)

PS4
    Look Good Play Good
    GWF - Ice lvl 70 3875 (Main)
    GF - Spectre lvl 70 2669 (Alt)

• snoborder101snoborder101 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I was getting lag prior to the patch. Now I'm fine, but a few friends are seen the same issue. Hopefully Tuesday they will address all of this.
    Ankou - CW
    Xerxes - GWF
    Eazy - DC
    Tyrian - TR
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    It took over an hour to run an epic dungeon for us... Server not responding alternated on each one of my guild. eCC takes us maybe 20-25 minutes. Since the last patch I have disconnected well over 100 times.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    Also noticed that being in a XBL party is where it starts each night for us.

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • raymond00713raymond00713 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Yep pretty much a nightly occurrence for me now. "Server not responding"
  • dreadkissdreadkiss Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    yep havent been able to play properly for 4 days this is a tad ridiculous
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
    STREAMING NEVERWINTER DAILY 7:00PM -2:00AM TWITCH ID: MHHAVOC
    LOVE TAKING CHALLENGES COME FIND ME IN I.W.D.
    @haylenore lmao u made an account just to complain ......
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
  • intelligirlintelligirl Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    This happening to me too, but just at night
  • haylenorehaylenore Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    @dreadkiss Actually no, I made an account to ask a question. Nice try though.
    @intelligirl I noticed when I'm playing at 4.30 in the morning the lagging and DC'ing is not as bad. But I don't want to be playing at four in the morning! Grrrrr.
  • randomdigits#2166 randomdigits Member Posts: 700 Arc User
    I noticed that NW now sometimes allows "server now responding" red message to run for 180 seconds, up for 60 second I've seen earlier. After which it sometimes repairs without disconnecting me. Not sure if that was a change or just new behavior due to the current network health.
    Ana Taletreader (CW) / Friend of Casual Gamers
    ive been up to 200 seconds...... of server not responding no lag in any other game
    SS CW/iron vanguard GWF
    Legacy/Kevlar
    Look Good Play Good
  • extremerugburn#9480 extremerugburn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I am experiencing the same issues since the patch. Everyone I know says everything is fine, but it is not. The constant "server not responding" and freezing of the game makes it unplayable. Hopefully the tech team is aware of this issues and will be fixing it soon.
  • extremerugburn#9480 extremerugburn Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    dreadkiss said:

@haylenore lmao u made an account just to complain ......

Why not? They want to experience the game and cannot because the developers borked something on the last patch. The more people who speak out, the more likely they will do something about it.

Well the DC count is above 150 times for me now in 4 days. I had 30 disconnects in one spider run last night. This is beyond bull**** wasting our time. The best part is while my guild is hard resetting from their DC's the ten minutes we wait for them I DC again and so on and so forth. This game is virtually unplayable. I am very disappointed in this patch. Guess ill keep my pocked lined on buying VIP and a respec until this garbage excuse of server service is vastly improved and I mean VASTLY!

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • shamanofsteelshamanofsteel Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    I am glad to see that I am not the only one experiencing this issue. It is very reminiscent of the server problems that occurred when the game was first released. I have no issues if I log in during the daytime (est), but after 6 or 7 pm it is a constant problem. Nothing like lagging out and dying over and over again (or getting booted and returning dead) to make you question why you spent that last chunk of money on Neverwinter instead of Arkham Knight. It is making playing an incredibly frustrating experience.

I am holding out hope the the Oct 13 server maintenance will fix the problem, but nothing I have read about it directly indicates that it is one of the goals. Honestly, if it doesn't fix things, I will most likely walk away from what is one of my alltime favorite games.

Has anyone seen any acknowledgement of this problem from Arc?
    As a side note this started the night before the last patch for me and I pay solo, so I doubt it has anything to do with party functionality as someone suggested above.
    UPDATE

This has gone on for five days now. The game is still unplayable. I just got off the phone with my ISP, and there are no issues on their end. My husband plays other games online and he hasn't had any problems.

THE PROBLEM IS WITH NEVERWINTER.

So Arc, you've had five days to respond and have choosen not to. This is poor customer service. Many people have spoken up in this thread to say they experience the same problem I do. No one has acknowledged the issue. Is the update on Tuesday going to fix the problem? Will you please give your customers some answers?
    @shamanofsteel I just reached level 70 on my haste cleric. The lag wasn't as bad today, so I thought I'd try to run Lostmauth. Then I started lagging, got DC'd. My group was nice enough to be patient with me. We made it to Lostmauth, and because I was lagging, we couldn't beat it. I worked hard to get to 70, and now I can't enjoy it.
    Like I said I am holding my breath until the 13th. If it's not fixed by then... onwards and upwards.
    Over 200+ disconnects this past week holy sheet. Bravo on wasting my time lmao. And Bravo to me for persistently trying to play your game through all the B.S. Unable to complete one 2x Glory PvP match due to DC'ing. Why the hell was there an event so many needed amongst this known server issue. The HAMSTER business model continues. I feel like a one legged man in an HAMSTER kicking contest

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
    edited October 2015
    I did see them actually acknowledge that there is a problem on Twitter the other day, but they still won't discuss what their plans are to fix it. I would feel a lot more patient if they would be more transparent about their processes and what is going on behind the scenes. That is what has endeared the makers of the Witcher, Dragon Age, and Titanfall (Respawn's patch notes are, in short, amazing) to me. Arc and PW could learn a lot from their examples.
  • kriptical1kriptical1 Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    Funny thing. I was chain server not responding until the last patch and now things have improved significantly. Guessing the fixed one half and broke the other. We'll see what tomorrow brings.
  • acridbird74acridbird74 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    The problems are still there, although my dread ring runs this morning were fine. I guess things were smooth because almost no one else was playing at 6:30 AM CST. At night, including last night, I can hardly go 3 minutes without getting the red "server not responding." It's wearing me out and making me not want to play. I tried 2 Kessel's runs that should have been easy -- I died twice because of the stupid lag.
    Aelwyn | SS Renegade CW | Lv 70 | ilvl 3029

Eos Sindhalyn | Annointed haste DC | Lv 70 | ilvl 2500

Lily Firegrass | buffbot Iron Vanguard GF | Lv 70 | ilvl 2685

Guild: The Misfit Toys - We are recruiting active players
  • yetweallfalldownyetweallfalldown Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. I see a couple instances of specifics posted here, but it would be great if we could get any gamertags and what areas you are experiencing lag. That would help us pinpoint where the problem areas are.

Any additional info that you can share would be great.

Alex
    Communications Manager - Perfect World Entertainment
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User
    Malaborg first bosses
    Protectors enclave today also the game kept losing my specs
    Required a router reset and xbox reset to clean it up
    One of our guildies had this in cc halfway through
    Valindras tower all boss encounters

Lost mouth final boss and periodically first boss
    Love the love the dragon cloning in that one by the way

Even changing instances in protectors enclave didn't fix the rubber banding there
    I am in UK
  • s4v10rxs4v10rx Member Posts: 389 Arc User

Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. I see a couple instances of specifics posted here, but it would be great if we could get any gamertags and what areas you are experiencing lag. That would help us pinpoint where the problem areas are.

Any additional info that you can share would be great.

Alex

alex, mayb u can suggest to the devs and the publisher to split their servier in 2, 1 for the US and the rest for EU and other countries, by doing that, it will take out all the lagging issues as i know other mmo such as WOW, FF online, and others have done it to resolve the issues
    Guild: Asylum
    Character:
    7thS1n---Trickster Rouge LV 70(perma-Stun build)
    7ThH3AL3R-- Devoted Cleric LV 70 (Divine Oracle Haste/DPS build)
    7ThM4G3-- Control Wizard
    7ThW4rL0CK-- Scrooge Warlock
    7THW4R--Great Weapon Fighter
    Alex my gamer tag is Shaman of Steel and it doesn't seem to matter where i am. I have had constant lag/DC issues in Protectors Enclave, The Fiery Pit, Spinward Rise, Ebon Downs, Neverdeath, and Vellosk. Minus Icespire Peak that is everywhere I have been this week.

The problem seems to have a lot more to do with when I play as opposed to where. I ran in Icespire during the afternoon EST without issue. Daytime play seems unaffected. Every time I play after 6 pm EST (which I am assuming are peak hours?) The problem occurs so frequently that game becomes unplayable at times. Once I DC, either automatically or when i do so because I have been lagging for an extended period, it takes a longer time to connect. When I do it seems like it takes a moment to place my toon in the world. These are the same issues that I experienced when the game launched (april/may).

Hopefully this is helpful. I'm happy to add any other detail that would be useful.
  • neutrondoupneutrondoup Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Gamertag is Neutronsoup, also experiencing constant disconnects during evening hours. About every 15-20 minutes last night between 10 and 11:30pm EDT. Doesn't seem to matter where I am. I generally can get back in if I close the app entirely and start over, but it disconnects again soon. I've tried waiting, but never gotten it to reconnect, usually get booted out to login screen. A friend that I was grouped with has not experienced any disconnects whatsoever, even though we've been playing on the same shard. I experience them whether I'm grouped or not. No problems with other online games.