test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Astral Diamond Changes

Comments

• Options
    blanndeblannde Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I didn't mind spending real money in game but now its just an obvious mad cash grab before it the game finally commits Seppuku ..... what a waste of a good game and a sad end to the Neverwinter game series.... unless they release the engine like the others so we can build our own server.. yeah right... that wont happen...
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Cryptic must have secretly hired the management team from Star Wars Galaxies... It sure seems to be following in its footsteps.

There's already one PWE title in this list, at least NW will have company:
    http://www.killerguides.net/blog/mmorpg/mmos-2012-2014-analysis
  • Options
    aandrethegiantaandrethegiant Member Posts: 3,364 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    kvet said:

Cryptic must have secretly hired the management team from Star Wars Galaxies... It sure seems to be following in its footsteps.

Yes, if this change enters the game in it's current form, I'm expecting a similar exodus. Its going to go down in history, and not the way Cryptic planned it in their meeting.

Its taking a wicked toll already on those that have PAYED FOR THE GAME.... and it hasnt even been introduced yet. It must be retooled before it sees live.

Once people's friends leave, whether they paid or not for this game, it will have a catastrophic domino effect on the remaining players. This all in a matter of minutes, hours and days of it going live, not weeks, months or years.

TYRS PALADIUM - A Premier Neverwinter Online Guild
    No Drama. Camaraderie. TEAM Focus. That's the TYRS way. If that's your style, come join us!
    Research our Guild here: Read our official Recruitment thread | Sign up here: Tyrs Guild Website! | NEVERWINTER GUILD LEADERS: Join the Fellowship!
  • Options
    dawkhaulidaydawkhauliday Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    The exchange rate is already crashing and it will only get worse.
  • Options
    unabletodisplayunabletodisplay Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 61 Arc User
    I bet lots will not even notice until the change is live ... expect a bunch more interest in this thread next week.
  • Options
    jormunrekjormunrek Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Quick question: since you are taking the time to totally revamp Leadership are you utilizing this opportunity to being the "Chests of Goods" up to date?
    I.e. updating the contents to reflect the current state of the game and not Mod 0...?
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    kvet said:

WRONG! Bots will not vanish. Bots will still bot, this will DO NOTHING to stop or even really curb botting. Leadership is a very minor thing to bots because bots DONT EXIST LONG ENOUGH on average to even get to 20, much less 25, leadership. The vast minority ever get that far before being banned. Bots run content and they do leadership on the side. Again, this isn't about bots, it's about making us buy zen. Bots have nothing to do with this.

I didn't even think of that. Well played, sir.

I also completely agree about what you said about the direction being all over the place since mod 3.
    My g/f sucked me into this game, against my better judgement (knowing the reputation of X) in mod 2 or 3 (can't remember).
    And you're right. It's a different game, different quality, different focus, different trajectory. This game has lost almost every quality I enjoyed and now I pretty much just grind like a hamster on a wheel out of pure habit. I really need to stop bitching and finally toss in the towel. Even my staunch fan bois g/f is talking about checking out other games (for the first time ever. She's been here since beta).

And the poster that said thanks for offering the VIP package and changing it a month later.
    Yeah, really, you change your product 30 days after selling it? Is the business-process GPS on the fritz?
    I liked it the way it was, or I wouldn't of bought it..Constant bait and switch. Now, on a monthly basis.

I really regret buying all that zen last-last weekend now because I would not buy another VIP pack since the events are gone. Events drive people to the actions. Try queuing for kessel outside of the skirmish AD event, you might be in for a 40 minute wait. Less people, longer waits. And there is going to be a player dump when this goes.

And I'll reiterate. If you want to reward playing players with AD, why was the Lord Protector AD quests removed? They were not an event, you had to participate, playing players got some AD, nothing crazy. It was pvp, skirms, dungeon, foundry. The same thing being driven again. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills watching this.
    What is suggested as motive does not line up with the actions we're seeing.

• Options
    zorothegalladezorothegallade Member Posts: 32 Arc User

kvet said:

Yes, if this change enters the game in it's current form, I'm expecting a similar exodus. Its going to go down in history, and not the way Cryptic planned it in their meeting.

Its taking a wicked toll already on those that have PAYED FOR THE GAME.... and it hasnt even been introduced yet. It must be retooled before it sees live.

Once people's friends leave, whether they paid or not for this game, it will have a catastrophic domino effect on the remaining players. This all in a matter of minutes, hours and days of it going live, not weeks, months or years.
    It is already happening. Since the beginning of September, Steam charts don't show any peak higher than 4k players. And lately peaks have been getting closer and closer to 3k. It seemed to have no impact at first because probably people were first settling business with their guild or discussing the changes in PE (Where a small group kept encouraging them to QQ and mocked them).

Also, want to know who makes up a good portion of those who still stay? People who bought a month of VIP when it came out and don't want to waste it. Once that VIP runs out, sure as death and taxes they will leave as well.
  • Options
    How can it be about bots?
    If it was about bots one would expect to see explanations for how the "bot" accounts will be identified and dealt with.

Professions have always been in important part of the game, I tried to avoid them for a while, but with professions required for rings, black ice gear ADs, events and those coalesced elemental things.

There's been a concerted effort to drive more involvement in the professions since at least Icewind!

Accounts are allowed 50 ... fifty .... five-zero character slots!

With everything "artifact" bound character?
    How in all that is holy and sane can someone gear 50 characters?
    What is that possibly intended for if not for a leadership army?

• Options
    Oh! and as I run professions on my toons I notice one of the guild messages ... been there since about MOD 5 actually.
    Still seems apt:

[Guild] MotD: I miss you guys :( send me a mail if you come back

• Options
    indro100indro100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The only thing they are doing now is to drive people to the astral diamond sellers, instead of banning the people that buy from those sites, they drive more people to buy astral diamonds because that's the only way to keep up in the game, because you don't get banned for buying astral diamonds it seems. They think they can make more money but only the astral diamond sellers get more now.

Give the people that buy astral diamonds from the sellers a permanent ban because they are the ones that makes them to come into the game, if you give everyone a permanent ban that buy those, people will not buy them anymore and by that it has no use anymore for the sellers to come into the game, but don't punish people that play the game fair, with hard working to get everything like it should be.

As long as you see the astral diamond sellers, you know there are still people that buy from them...

For weeks now a dungeons are very hard to do, because of the astronomical damage they do, not to mention the epic ones, goodbye fun..... Playing Neverwinter is like having 3 jobs, but the only difference is, with 3 jobs you get payed, with playing Neverwinter you get nothing.....
  • Options
    zorothegalladezorothegallade Member Posts: 32 Arc User

That would require far more skill, commitment to the product, willingness to learn, investment in training, wages, services or tools than what Cryptic is willing to spend.

Nope, most of all it would require admitting to having done things wrong. And devs are never "wrong". They might have "Misjudged the impact on the playerbase" or "encountered unforeseen backlash", but it's never their fault.
  • Options
    I think this AD ting is a Cryptic / PWE management issue ... I don't think devs have much say in the direction of the game. All the developers / programmers should be accountable for is poor coding and testing.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    I love that people are giving their opinion on this like it was settled and nothing else is going to change, even after the devs have said that the'll probably have to adjust many things in the future after this.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Yeah, what about the changes coming to the XP system?
    Something like reducing the XP needed to level up, or the XP needed to fill the overflow.

But look, there are XB boosters in the shop now...
    May be we will get lucky, and find some AD boosters there too after the next patch?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    In my many years of playing this and other MMOs the 'adjust many things' line typically works like this.

Step 1) Company uses hammer in place of scalpel and over shoot the intended by 50%.
    Step 2) Player base screams bloody murder that the world as we know it is ending.
    Step 3) Roughly 20% of player base swears off game in short-term.
    Step 4) Company evaluates impact to game and reduces severity from 150% overshoot back to 115% overshoot.
    Step 5) Company declares adjustment a success. Fan-bois rejoice.
    Step 6) Player base grumbles and keeps on playing not wanting to throw away 'investment' into game.
    Step 7) Company notices unintended consequences resulting from adjustments to original problem.
    Step 8) See Step 1.
  • Options
    mikeofarcmikeofarc Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    reiwulf said:

I love that people are giving their opinion on this like it was settled and nothing else is going to change, even after the devs have said that the'll probably have to adjust many things in the future after this.

You expect people to give them the benefit of the doubt with all the bizarre decisions they've made recently?

Especially when this latest massive change - scheduled for next week - wasn't even seen as important enough to put in the news section... unlike the 'slim chance of Celeste Companion' news which flashes in front of our eyes...

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User

I bet lots will not even notice until the change is live ... expect a bunch more interest in this thread next week.

I have no doubt. I informed a friend who doesn't regularly check the forums about it. Boy did he hit the roof.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    dave49424 said:

In my many years of playing this and other MMOs the 'adjust many things' line typically works like this.

Step 1) Company uses hammer in place of scalpel and over shoot the intended by 50%.
    Step 2) Player base screams bloody murder that the world as we know it is ending.
    Step 3) Roughly 20% of player base swears off game in short-term.
    Step 4) Company evaluates impact to game and reduces severity from 150% overshoot back to 115% overshoot.
    Step 5) Company declares adjustment a success. Fan-bois rejoice.
    Step 6) Player base grumbles and keeps on playing not wanting to throw away 'investment' into game.
    Step 7) Company notices unintended consequences resulting from adjustments to original problem.
    Step 8) See Step 1.

Pretty much. Any nerf to a class, such as damage, the devs have a target mark. Say for example a 25% decrease. So what do they do? Make it a 50% decrease so when everyone flips out and threatens to quit the devs get to set it at what they actually wanted (25%) and get to say "See? We listen to you guys. Keep giving us that feedback we love it!".

Funny how so many people keep falling for that.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    reiwulf said:

Yeah, but they never adjust enough. Just tiny little baby sized tweaks.

• Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    mikeofarc said:

reiwulf said:

You expect people to give them the benefit of the doubt with all the bizarre decisions they've made recently?

Especially when this latest massive change - scheduled for next week - wasn't even seen as important enough to put in the news section... unlike the 'slim chance of Celeste Companion' news which flashes in front of our eyes...
    Not sure, who is even bothering with this ridiculous low chance of getting a single companion out of this, when this
    http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1191873/bonus-companions-not-account-wide
    is still unsolved.

And @dave49424 and @rapticor, take a look at
    http://steamcharts.com/app/109600
    player numbers are going down again, i'm really curious where they will be at the end of next week.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    untamedengineer#6733 untamedengineer Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 100 Arc User
    Here's to hoping that they do something sensible and replace the AD taken from leadership to BoA material used to make GMoPs and the like. Well.. it is nice to dream after all....
  • Options
    sobacsobac Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    I remember that time when I tried to help to ban those bots, etc. but do you know what? I DGAF about bots anymore. Dragon hoards loot was made BtA, and I can't care less about those X members who farm RP illegally. I spend many hours in game and I want to farm legally my, lets say, 100 peridots per day. I DGAF that X person already have all legend and mythic farming RP "the other way". I remember when I used to check gateway for rare tasks and get more AD from leadership, not any more. Now when I have 2 chars with leadership lvl 25, I'm getting like 10-12k PER ****ing day!!! Hell yeah! Someone have 40 lvl 25 leaderships? I DGAF. Why he/she have so many? Because he/she can do that. Do you (devs) think it's too much? Then limit to, lets say, 5 leaderships lvl 25 per account. But don't ***k other ppl with this "to stop bots" sh***y reason, please.

On a side note, I quite like the dungeons and skirmishes 3k for first 2 runs change. But I'd still like to farm for extra 3k in dungeon/skirmish hour.
  • Options
    givearandomnamegivearandomname Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    mikeofarc said:

reiwulf said:

it was important enough to put there but there smart enough not to put it there for simple reason if people knew the truth this thread would be 1000 pages not 32 pages most players don't read the fourms more read the news then the actual fourms. by only posting it here they can later say they announced it when the masses start asking why wasn't we told this change was comeing.
    Namin Soulburner
    NW-DHNVMMGVJ Dragons horde part one.
    http://youtu.be/0KbqTWeJqxc
  • Options
    aratecharatech Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited September 2015

mikeofarc said:

reiwulf said:

it was important enough to put there but there smart enough not to put it there for simple reason if people knew the truth this thread would be 1000 pages not 32 pages most players don't read the fourms more read the news then the actual fourms. by only posting it here they can later say they announced it when the masses start asking why wasn't we told this change was comeing.
    And when the masses notice that it was done in a subtle way that most wouldn't see until it had already happened?

We have a saying in the legal field: "Pop your own pimples". That is to say, if there's a problem with your case/argument/etc., go ahead and be forthright and upfront about it. Odds are good that your adversary/opposing counsel/judge isn't a moron and either already knows about the issue, or will quickly find out when he or she does even the most basic research. Thus, if you go ahead and bring it out in an obvious way, the backlash will be less painful, because they'll at least feel that you're being honest about the issue and not trying to hide it.

And when a member of a community who are almost universally considered lying, backstabbing wordsmiths tells you point blank to your face "this is going to come back to bite you in the yoink and you really need to be more open about this matter to your players/customers" it should probably be taken as a sign that you need to re-evaluate your approach to P.R. :p

Addendum: Just to mitigate the chances of this post possibly being deleted by an overreacting Mod. The above jest is not intended to be a legal threat, promise, etc., or in any way be interpreted as a sign/threat/premonition of a lawsuit or the like. It is merely advice mixed with humor that I feel the Devs at least need to post this thing in the game launcher or in a message to the players via mail inbox to give the vast majority a heads up. As such, please do not take it out of context and interpret my post as a statement that a lawsuit/legal action/assembling of a pitchfork and torch wielding mob is being contemplated. Thank you.

• Options
    dave49424 said:

Here's to hoping that they do something sensible and replace the AD taken from leadership to BoA material used to make GMoPs and the like. Well.. it is nice to dream after all....

hmm .. now if they added BOA GMoPs for leadership boxes ... that would actually not be so bad

This discussion has been closed.