test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Connection Issues? Read this Please!

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited September 2015 in General Discussion (PC)
Update, 2015-09-01 @ 11:36am PDT:

The connection issues caused by this issue with Cogentco should now be resolved. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by Cogentco. If you're still having issues, please take a look at the Connection Issue Stickies in the Technical Forum and if neither of those apply to you, then feel free to comment in the Discussion Thread for this Cogentco Issue. We'll leave that discussion thread open and this thread stickied for the rest of the day, until we're confidant the issue is completely resolved.

Older Updates:
Update, 2015-08-31 @ 11:25am PDT:

The previous update here remains current. Sadly, we cannot do anything about this until Cogencto fixes the issue themselves, for this is not a Server issue. It is an issue with users who have ISPs that route through Cogentco's Network in the Boston area to get to our game Servers, which are also in Boston. Unfortunately because of this, we cannot give an ETA until we hear back from Cogentco.

Some folks on the PC have stated that using the EU proxy helps them (not an option sadly for XBOX users), as well as others stated that setting up their VPN helps their connection, as well as others stated switching to one of their other ISPs allows them to connect. Alas, these aren't helpful work-arounds for the average user but if you know how to do such, you may wish to give it a try. If you don't know how and want to try, you can change to the EU proxy in the Launcher's options. As for setting up a VPN, you'll need to research how to do that oneself, as that sort of information is not something I can suggest and explain.
Update, 2015-08-30 @ 6:20pm PDT:

Alas, we don't have any news to deliver as of yet. We're still waiting for a response from Cogentco, where the issue is. So, there is not much that can be done until then. We'll update more when we have more information.
Update, 2015-08-30 @ 3:20pm PDT:

Hey folks! I just got an update. It's not what we want to hear but at least it means they have found the issue! The connection issue has been pinpointed to being an issue on the Internet Service Provider that the Cryptic Servers connect to and through. Alas, this means the Tech Team and Developers cannot resolve the issue, so we are now waiting for our ISP to correct the issue. We do apologize it has taken so long to find the cause but at least now the wheels are in motion to get this resolved.

Please feel free to continue to vent about this issue and use this linked thread to discuss it. We'll keep you all posted in this Sticky and in that thread.
Update, 2015-08-29 @ 6:30pm PDT

Sorry, not much to update. All I know is that the server issues from the past few days and up to this point have not been entirely Cryptic's fault. From what I can make out on commentary, there's currently issues out of Cryptic's control causing issues on Cryptic's Network that cannot be resolved properly until the aforementioned issues out of their control are also resolved. Prior to today, it's been the Level3 issues affecting so much of the World and then on into today it was the remaining Boston area Level3 issues and now into whatever else is causing issues.

Rest assured, the Tech Team is looking into things and doing what they can. Please continue to use this thread to post about and vent about these connection issues. Thanks!
Update, 2015-08-29 @ 9:13pm PDT

There are not any more apparent Server Issues the Tech Team can readily find. They are continuing to monitor and look for any possible issues however. So, please continue providing Tracerts in the above linked thread. Thanks!
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Update, 2015-08-29 @ 6:30pm PDT

Sorry, not much to update. All I know is that the server issues from the past few days and up to this point have not been entirely Cryptic's fault. From what I can make out on commentary, there's currently issues out of Cryptic's control causing issues on Cryptic's Network that cannot be resolved properly until the aforementioned issues out of their control are also resolved. Prior to today, it's been the Level3 issues affecting so much of the World and then on into today it was the remaining Boston area Level3 issues and now into whatever else is causing issues.

Rest assured, the Tech Team is looking into things and doing what they can. Please continue to use this thread to post about and vent about these connection issues. Thanks!

Update, 2015-08-29 @ 9:13pm PDT

There are not any more apparent Server Issues the Tech Team can readily find. They are continuing to monitor and look for any possible issues however. So, please continue providing Tracerts in the above linked thread. Thanks!
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I apologize for my lack of updating players on this issue. I saw that Zeb had made a topic and thought that was sufficient. But if it means anything, everything Zeb has said is true. I contacted our tech support and received official word that they are indeed looking into it and seeing if there's anything we can do on our end.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    Update, 2015-08-30 @ 3:20pm PDT

Hey folks! I just got an update. It's not what we want to hear but at least it means they have found the issue! The connection issue has been pinpointed to being an issue on the Internet Service Provider that the Cryptic Servers connect to and through. Alas, this means the Tech Team and Developers cannot resolve the issue, so we are now waiting for our ISP to correct the issue. We do apologize it has taken so long to find the cause but at least now the wheels are in motion to get this resolved.

Please feel free to continue to vent about this issue and use this linked thread to discuss it. We'll keep you all posted in this Sticky and in that thread.

Update, 2015-08-30 @ 6:20pm PDT:

Alas, we don't have any news to deliver as of yet. We're still waiting for a response from Cogentco, where the issue is. So, there is not much that can be done until then. We'll update more when we have more information.
    Update, 2015-08-31 @ 11:25am PDT:

The previous update here remains current. Sadly, we cannot do anything about this until Cogencto fixes the issue themselves, for this is not a Server issue. It is an issue with users who have ISPs that route through Cogentco's Network in the Boston area to get to our game Servers, which are also in Boston. Unfortunately because of this, we cannot give an ETA until we hear back from Cogentco.

Some folks have stated that using the EU proxy helps them, as well as others stated that setting up their VPN helps their connection, as well as others stated switching to one of their other ISPs allows them to connect. Alas, these aren't helpful work-arounds for the average user but if you know how to do such, you may wish to give it a try. If you don't know how and want to try, you can change to the EU proxy in the Launcher's options. As for setting up a VPN, you'll need to research how to do that oneself, as that sort of information is not something I can suggest and explain.
    Update, 2015-09-01 @ 11:36am PDT:

The connection issues caused by this issue with Cogentco should now be resolved. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused by Cogentco. If you're still having issues, please take a look at the Connection Issue Stickies in the Technical Forum and if neither of those apply to you, then feel free to comment in the Discussion Thread for this Cogentco Issue. We'll leave that discussion thread open and this thread stickied for the rest of the day, until we're confidant the issue is completely resolved.
This discussion has been closed.