test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

issues with receiving files??

jasperxdljasperxdl Member Posts: 12 Arc User
edited July 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
the game is sending me 95441434 files (actual number not exaggeration) anyone else having this problem cause its happening to me every day at random times in random places regardless of what settings im using does anyone know how to fix this?? this happens to me on 4 different computers and my housemates play with me and they are fine when they use my computer its fine so there is something wrong with my account? and im unsure how this could be a thing can anyone help?
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Go into the launcher options and check "disable on demand patching". Let the game download everything. Play uninterrupted.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • jasperxdljasperxdl Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    i have tried playing with this option both turned off and on it makes no difference normally when patching on demand it will show up in the top corner but nothing appears there while im having this problem the only reason i know its getting all these files is in the netgraph it shows me my sent and received files i send like 60-90 files and neverwinter sends me millions or billions of files at once and so the game cant cope with that massive influx of files and thus is unplayable for me :(
    thanks for the suggestion though :)
  • tvcitytvcity Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    delete your own game files, copy the game files from one of your buddies and try playing it...
    as ive said ive tried it on 4 different computers and it does the same thing to my account but not theirs so would deleting my files and re-downloading them even do anything? if it does fix it then that means the files on all 4 computers are all corrupt or not working somehow but only not working for my account i dont see how it will help but will post results when one of my computers finish getting the files i guess
    re-installed the game no change in the error my account still gets sent too many files and once i wait for them all i get disconnected another account did not have the same issue on that machine
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Moved this to Technical Support subforum.

I've not heard of something like this happening. Have you done a virus scan on your PC lately?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    yea ive ran virus scans and they found nothing. all the computers are custom build gaming rigs built for either me or clients they have no errors running anything else. the files are coming from the neverwinter server and it works perfectly fine with my housemates account on my machine ive tried reinstalling already i even tried it at a friends house so to rule out my internet aswell ive tried monitoring all my programs and its definitely neverwinter not anything else running in the background ive ran it through arc and steam to see if they are doing anything too but i get the same result every time which means i cant really play the game at all :( i tried earlier today and i could move around protectors enclave and could see everyone else but when i looked at my housemates screen i wasnt there i could even see her moving around with no lag it just seems i dont exist but can see everything happening (maybe im a ghost?) i cant interact with anything though just like when you lag out but my ping doesnt go over 600 (im in AUS so 400 is normal) just hoping someone who knows what this is stumbles upon my post :( cant wait to get back in game
  • l3thin4thl3thin4th Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 198 Arc User
    Wait, what you see are packages not actual files.

If you have a spike in packages, on of the two is most likely happening

1: you pc is processing really slowly
    2: your connection is nor responding/being slow in response

Either of the two can cause accumulation of received packages.

Monitor with netgraph 2 (not 1) and you will see that you average green bins are quite high

Lethinath - DC

Fayn Fiddler - HR

Jean Fiddler - OP

Quinn Fiddler - TR

Tre'Davious Flynn - SW

Bogus Skullslicker - GF

Vanhankaupunginselk - CW

Alea - GWF

Noble Misfits

i have a 3.8 ghz hexicore processor and changing area makes the files reset and work untill it happens again. a trace cert reveals im not lagging out and are maintaining a pretty even speed with the server i have used netgraph 2 in the past and i receive low amounts and then the files jump up and max out the size of the graph when this happens