test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Can't get into game

nickbittnickbitt Member Posts: 25 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
hey anyone else having a problem where game loads up till neverwinter page then screen goes black and game goes nonresponsive? i cant get ot character selection page at all
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    andyzazandyzaz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    same problem... I click play on the launcher and then everything goes black and freezes. Doesn't even show up when I use task manager and the only way to remove it is by logging out/shutting down computer. All it gives me is a black screen with the bottom bar that windows has.
  • Options
    mryoung1104mryoung1104 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Same here. I get through the CRYPTIC loading screen, then the neverwinter loading screen freezes and game crashes.
    What did you break guys?
  • Options
    andyzazandyzaz Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I didn't even get to CRYPTIC, I click play, it goes to the black screen fullscreen and freezes
  • Options
    cjh1983cjh1983 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm getting all kind of weird disconnects and lag, would be really nice if this stuff was actually working before it gets deployed.

specifically, i restarted my router while in VT, when i came back, i first joined some random group somehow, then got disconnected twice, then finally found my actual party.
  • Options
    perry3018perry3018 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    I can not get to the character selection page because the game is stuck 'loading'. Been loading 20 minutes now. 3rd time today.
  • Options
    darkstarcrashdarkstarcrash Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,382 Arc User
    Update your drivers, and this is a known issue: see the sticky at the top of the page.
  • Options
    perry3018perry3018 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3 Arc User
    My driver is brand new; updated 3 days ago. Computer is 9 months old. In Mod 5 worked perfectly. In Mod 6 had to start on safe mode. Now won't load at all. Stuck 'loading' before character selection screen.
  • Options
    mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    1. Don't open fullscreen
    2. Don't be in multi monitor environment
    3. blackscreen can take a while (5min+) after update. Only once
    4. try Directx 9 mode
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• Options
    kabayorangerkabayoranger Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    same problem help pls
  • Options
    alin119alin119 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    any official fix from criptic ?
    Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
    BCCode: 116
    BCP1: FFFFFA8005BD54E0
    BCP2: FFFFF8800F83733C
    BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
    BCP4: 0000000000000004
    OS Version: 6_1_7601
    Service Pack: 1_0
    Product: 768_1
  • Options
    andijaneandijane Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Same problem here. Started about 10:30 with lockups while in game play. Now I can't even get to the cryptic screen. Really got bad after I went to the guild stronghold.
  • Options
    rapcx1981rapcx1981 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    This works for me.. i hope to u to:
    bluangeluk wrote: »
    Just for those who are at their wits end. I tried for 5 hours, everything imaginable to get in game last night. Force verify, safe mode, update graphics drivers, complete reinstall, deleted prefs files, restarted pc, -d3d11 in command line.

Elsewhere on the forums, someone indicated that they were successful with "-d3d11Enable 0" in the command line of the launcher.
    I tried that this morning and finally... here I am in Protector's Enclave. It has also worked for another person in my guild. I am sure a genuine fix will be available as soon as they can figure one out.

Just to clarify i use "-d3d11Enable 0" on command line, and select "safe mode" and unmark "Full Screen".
  • Options
    im trying this and its not working for me i hope theyh fix it soon i wanna get on game
  • Options
    lordsmokeslordsmokes Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Update your drivers, and this is a known issue: see the sticky at the top of the page.
    That is a completely different problem dude, you might actually want to read that thread yourself.
  • Options
    updating your drivers doesnt help i have tried everythin g everyone has said and the game still will not work for me
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Ive gotten into game, but each time I have to do start in safe mode and wait the extra 10-15 mins it seems, but hey I got to donate some stuff to stronghold today and do professions at least.

• Options
    thats good for you i have tried safe mode and it will not work
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    Don't use -d3d11, that will simply cause the same error you've been experiencing. Use -d3d9, and run the game in safe mode. The game may become unresponsive for a few minutes, but eventually you will reach the character select screen, just be patient.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    A new sticky has been made, please direct attention and replies to the following thread now. Thanks!
    Graphics Client Crash Issue
This discussion has been closed.