test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Cant log in !!!!!

ddosuksddosuks Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
I cant log onto the Neverwinter server. I get the cryptic load screen then the Neverwinter screen then nothing for a long while then the mouse pointer and a black screen. I can move the mouse around but if i do anything else I get a program not responding error message. Any Advice ?
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    tboyjohntboyjohn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    having the exat same issue for the ast hour
  • Options
    jayski42jayski42 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Me too. Took hours to load patches and then it sticks on the Neverwinter screen and stops responding.
  • Options
    hodmadodhodmadod Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ditto, even uninstalled and reinstalled
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    same here.... this is some bull <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • Options
    Im currently trying this right now from the Arc help pages,
    " If you are able to load the game launcher but still cannot connect to the game please try the following
    - Disable on-demand patching in the game launcher options
    - Select theForce verify option from the game launcher options "
    Its now reloading a patch, ( currently at 2% ) I will post if it worked
  • Options
    Ok that not only took time and didnt work but the same thing happened all over again with the added bonus of an error message that my video driver is not responding. I tried to update my drivers (even though they already have the newest updates), and my windows OS ( as per other forum advice ) and still nothing.
    This is not happening with any of my other games and is definitely a Neverwinter update issue. I will try to update my direct X ( another forum suggestion ) but at this point I am starting to ask myself if its time to just scrap this game altogether, which is exactly what I did with DDO & Turbine and think maybe this game is trying to tell me its time to move on. LOL.
  • Options
    luciedioluciedio Member Posts: 6 New User
    updating direct x, reverting to previous versions, changing video drivers all will not work.. been at it for like 5 hours with no luck. For those with windows 10 this is not a Win10 issue as the game has ran seamlessly on win10 until todays patch only difference I can see is that win10 reports that the issue is video kernel processors and drivers are crashing since the patch and every attempt to use different drivers, display settings, or compatibility modes has so far continued to fail to change the outcome.
  • Options
    Ok I have done all the updates, and everything is the same except for one difference, I can play in safe mode now, ( which didnt work earlier ) but the graphice are not that great. Safe mode from the game launcher options selection if anyone reading this doesnt know what I mean. @Luciedio, I currently have a Windows 7 home premium, which I like and works great with everything else but I guess it has problems with that as well. So for now it looks like i will see what playing in safe mode is like.
  • Options
    sylnerasylnera Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I received a new computer yesterday and it is running Windows 10. I installed Neverwinter shortly before the shards went down. I am locked on the "Neverwinter" screen.

I thought it might have to do with the new patch so I decided to wait until today. Servers partched, green light but same thing: Locked on the "Neverwinter" screen.

And from what I understand @luciedio this is not a Windows 10 issue (pfew :smile:)

Sylnera

Regards,

Sylnera
  • Options
    gonzokygonzoky Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's not something to do with Windows 10, I was running fine on Windows 10 before the patch. Has to be something to do with the patch since I've having the same problem after it. Time to submit a ticket, I guess.
  • Options
    elvenstar17elvenstar17 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I am having same issue .Ran it this morning before patch and everything was working ,now I cannot get it to work drivers crash everytime.And I had been using the safe mode for a good while now.
  • Options
    luciedioluciedio Member Posts: 6 New User
    according to other posts on the maintenance info on forums here some people have had success with safe mode, also using -d3d9 in the command line portion of the launcher options menu. The -d3d9 will result in a large patch, believe it was 7.52GB when I ran it over night last night but neither of these options have worked for me. It no longer crashes the video now instead just remains locked at second load in screen as it did when first updating to windows 10 but now the work around for that issue is not resolving it.
  • Options
    Thank you for the info luciedio, sorry your still locked out. safe mode is the only way it works for me now but that only started working after all the updates I made. I have not tried the -d3d9, I will give it a try. My brother plays on a windows 10 OS and my friend on windows 7 also, we all have the same video cards ( nvidia Geforce ) and similar PC specs and they have no issue. I would suggest putting in a ticket but Cryptic has never responded or addressed any ticket I have ever put in. All my fixes have always been a do-it yourself with help from the forums. Its sad really.
  • Options
    dimrokdimrok Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Same issue here. Game just hangs at the Neverwinter screen. What is safe mode and how do I access it?
  • Options
    w1zard1968w1zard1968 Member Posts: 2 New User
    ok my wife has the same spec pc as me she is locked out with this problem i am not very strange indeed
  • Options
    lordsmokeslordsmokes Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I just hope they don't mark this thread as answered as well. It seems easier than fixing the problem
  • Options
    Has anyone gotten any sort of response to tech support on this? I've filed a ticket and emailed customer service but haven't even gotten a "sorry, no clue" response.
  • Options
    Well, on the plus side, I figured out what safe mode is! On the downside, it didn't work. Neither did that little -d3d9 switch. Remind me again why I pay to play this game?
  • Options
    p0temk1np0temk1n Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Can't seem to get in, either. On the one hand, I'm glad it's not me. On the other, this is a pretty major issue.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

[thread=139701]My old, old guide for Ego Blades. Updated for On: Alert.[/thread]
    [thread=154211]The Costume Contest Schedule. Stay up-to-date without having to log in![/thread]
  • Options
    lordsmokeslordsmokes Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    dimrok wrote: »
    Has anyone gotten any sort of response to tech support on this? I've filed a ticket and emailed customer service but haven't even gotten a "sorry, no clue" response.
    No. They seem to be currently sweeping this problem under the rug with the infinite loading loop.
  • Options
    katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    Alright guys, here's the tried and tested solution (at least for me):

Put the game in safe mode.
    Launch the game by typing -d3d9 into the command line.

It may take a few minutes to load, and become unresponsive for a minute or two, but be patient, you will eventually get to the character select screen.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    dimrok wrote: »
    Same issue here. Game just hangs at the Neverwinter screen. What is safe mode and how do I access it?

@dimrok
    When you select to play Neverwinter a game launcher box comes up and usually checks or runs a quick patch, and theres a big Play button in the lower right corner. At the top right there is an option selection news - forums - Support - Options - release Notes. If you select options another screen appears and as you look through there will be a selection for safe mode, select it and save and then try. It will not be the regular graphics though.

Responded before I saw you did it already. But just in case someone has that same question
  • Options
    Personal update - Although I was already able to get in on safe mode but not normally, I logged on in safe mode with the -d3d9 in the command line ( the command line is under the safe mode selection in the launcher options ). It worked and I logged in and out a few times but my graphice were just ok, not awful but not good either, just ok and my in game video options were all at their minimun possible settings.
    Pushing my luck I changed my in game graphic settings to the default setting. logged back in and out, ran around a bit, seems to be working fine, logged back out, removed the -d3d9 from the command line. logged back in and out normally, fought, switched maps, ran around, etc. and it still appears to be working normal. ( For now anyway ).
    Having to go through all this and the fact that there are people who still cant get on at all is just plain sad.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    A new sticky has been made, please direct attention and replies to the following thread now. Thanks!
    Graphics Client Crash Issue
This discussion has been closed.