test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Cannot log in to the game since Strongholds

rykard3010rykard3010 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited August 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
I am hoping that I am not the only one with this problem. I have reinstalled the game, reinstalled Arc, checked my drivers but I still freeze just after the Cryptic loadin...any comments from Cryptic? Is this even being addressed?
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• walk2kwalk2k Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    it takes several minutes for me
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    Are you recieving an error message and a crash, or is it just stuck at that screen endlessly? If you are recieving an error message, and it has something to do with graphics or dx, try running the game in safe mode and typing -d3d9 into the command line.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Are you recieving an error message and a crash, or is it just stuck at that screen endlessly? If you are recieving an error message, and it has something to do with graphics or dx, try running the game in safe mode and typing -d3d9 into the command line.

That has not worked with my husband's computer. We have tried everything. Safe mode, windowed, -d3d9, -d3d11Enable 0, deleted the gameprefs.pref file, deleted all the .hogg files and repatched, force verified.... many different combinations. Nothing has worked. I think it's on Cryptic's end.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    kreatyve wrote: »

That has not worked with my husband's computer. We have tried everything. Safe mode, windowed, -d3d9, -d3d11Enable 0, deleted the gameprefs.pref file, deleted all the .hogg files and repatched, force verified.... many different combinations. Nothing has worked. I think it's on Cryptic's end.

What error message are you getting?
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    It was working fine yesterday evening if I logged in in safe mode, now it's back to not working at all. It doesn't seem like anything new in this game has been tested since mod 5.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    If you could please provide computer specs as it really helps to pinpoint a cause when you can see a common trend amongst reports.

Other than that this definitely isn't just you and the developers are actively looking in to the issue. All we can do is ask for you to remain patient. :(
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Also, not sure if this will work but it did help Zebular so give it a shot. :)
    zebular wrote: »
    I was also crashing after clicking play on the launcher. Eventually I got it to work by:

1) Opening GamePrefs.Pref file (in /Neverwinter/localdata/) with Notepad and changing "FullScreen 0" to a "FullScreen 1" instead.
    2) Launch the game normally and let it crash again.
    3) Delete GamePrefs.Pref file completely.
    3) Launch the game normally and then re-set up my options in game (not manually in the file).

This may not work for everyone, as there's a few different crash issues going on right now.
  • nickbittnickbitt Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    i have heard that doesnt work for ppl

how long will it take to resolve this issue? i want to get on and help my guild out with our stronghold
  • vexious30vexious30 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    unfortunately im not much of a computer person except for games, my computer is according to the sales man "awesome" and i cant log into game still. no clue what to do and cant seem to find any answers ...grrrrrrrrrrrr
    It works for some people. It doesn't work for everybody. I presented it as something to try. You can try and see if it works or you can sit and wait.

However there is one rule with fixing bugs...there's never an answer to "how long will it take."
    Programmers can only tell you how long it will take to test a fix after they find the cause.

Think of it like asking "how long will it take to find a needle in a haystack?" You might get lucky and find it right away or it might take you a long time digging through every piece of hay. There's no way to say how long it will take to find the cause and solve a bug until the cause is found. ;)

If I had more information to give I would have given it before you asked. :p
    ok well thank-you just so you and ppl know i tried deleteing the gameprefs then tried loading the game and it still did the exact same thing for me what specs would you need to have ideas?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    nickbitt wrote: »
    ok well thank-you just so you and ppl know i tried deleteing the gameprefs then tried loading the game and it still did the exact same thing for me what specs would you need to have ideas?
    Please do read the quote in its entirely, as I didn't merely delete the file. I posted the steps in which I did in order, and then it worked for me. Ambi merely quoted my post as something for others to try. Also, I don't understand why you're asking for specs one would need, when this is an issue affecting many users on a number of different operating systems, as well as there are a number of different crash issues happening, not just one.
    no you posted somthing about asking somone for specs so i asked if mine would help and i followed the order that was posted and it did not work
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    no you posted somthing about asking somone for specs so i asked if mine would help and i followed the order that was posted and it did not work
    Nay, Ambi's saying that if he had more information on the crash issues from PWE, that we would share them with you:
    If I had more information to give I would have given it before you asked. :p
    He's not saying that he needs more information from you. Alas, we do not have any more information to share on the crash issues at this time.
    ok sorry and ya i just tried the steps posted agai nand still not working
    edited August 2015
    ok sorry and ya i just tried the steps posted agai nand still not working
    Okay, thanks for trying again. We will definitely post something in the Strongholds Issues Sticky when we have more information to share on the crashes. If not there, then such will be posted in a temporary sticky of its own. We do apologize for the issues, yet I assure you that the Developers are working on the crash issues.
    A new sticky has been made, please direct attention and replies to the following thread now. Thanks!
    Graphics Client Crash Issue
This discussion has been closed.