test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't Log in After Windows 10

I haven't played since Windows 10 released so I was logging in today since I had some extra time. And I know I'm not the only one to have this problem, my husband and my brother are also having this problem. For some reason we get to the second loading screen for bring the game up and the loading stops and then it says our display driver has stopped working but recovered. Is the game not compatible with Windows 10? Or is it something to do with the new Strongholds patch? Help please?

Comments

• luciedioluciedio Member Posts: 6 New User
    You need to go into the launcher options and reset the proxy servers after first installing windows 10. If you are currently set to none , pick the appropriate proxy server, save changes. Close the launcher and restart the game and it should resolve the frozen load issue that you will almost definitely encounter. Once you get logged in fully you can go back to your original setting and shouldn't have problems. However since the strongholds launch not even that is fixing the display driver crashes nor will deleting the drivers and re-expanding the packed driver from clean install.. Been trying for over 5 hours myself using various compatibility modes, screen settings , drivers and even swapping from the NVidia driver to my intel integrated hd settings and nothings worked as of yet.
  • trilliumsrampagetrilliumsrampage Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I am having the same issue, I've been playing on windows 10 fine for 3 days and all the sudden today I can't even get past the load screen, says something about windows 8 driver stopping and restarting then that's it my pc locks up and I have to ctr alt delete out. On my husbands it wacks up his graphics and I had to restart his pc by doing a hard boot reset.
  • luciedioluciedio Member Posts: 6 New User
    once the kernel drivers stop it will freeze up. Typically you can remedy this if it is actually the driver by renaming the current kernel files and unpacking the factory driver and reinstalling but as I said above none of that is working in this scenario. tried every possible work around I could think of and some from tech boards regarding similar crash reports all with no luck. You may also have issues getting back into DDO if you play that. After the crashes here I had to revert to bare bones gfx settings and alter stuff to even get that to run then once loaded in I was able to go back to dx11 support with max gfx settings but it was a total pain so not sure what is messed up in this patch but its affecting other stuff once you've played around with stuff for the launchers here.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    OP, the problem you are having is related to the patch today most likely. However what nvidia card do you have and what driver version are you using, I've got an 860m and it's working fine.
  • justadrie#3785 justadrie Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    charononus wrote: »
    OP, the problem you are having is related to the patch today most likely. However what nvidia card do you have and what driver version are you using, I've got an 860m and it's working fine.

I have an AMD Radeon HD 8330 everything is the current version, though I'm not sure where to go to check what version it's on. Not that much techy. I've been playing Neverwinter for awhile, and never had this problem before.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2015
    I've been playing on Windows 10 since August 1st. So, yes it is compatible. However, please take some time and look through this tech forum and the pc bug forum, for a large number of players are also affected and not all of them are on Windows 10. There's also a bullet about it in the Strongholds Known Issues sticky. The issues arose yesterday, patch day for Strongholds. :(
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    A new sticky has been made, please direct attention and replies to the following thread now. Thanks!
    Graphics Client Crash Issue
This discussion has been closed.