test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Could premades leave us at least GG PVP?

Comments

• velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    drkbodhi wrote: »
    This is not about keeping BiS players out... but a request to premades to keep it to 5 per side instead of 10 vs pug. That is some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> there.

I wonder if they do it because it is easy... and they don't want a challenge. Because clearly you will never be facing 2 5-man premades when you enter as 2 5-man premades.

Apparently, you don't know how GG PvP works? Multiple groups of 5 people can't coordinate to be on the same side in GG PvP. If it happens, it's by chance. You can't know if the queue will put those two groups against each other or together.

The main problem is that you're playing a P2W game that can't implement a matchmaking system because the population is too low and the coding is beyond the developers.
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The pugstomping guys are also players who donate a lot. No way cryptic will totally upset them. More like alleviating the issue to avoid losing the rest of the playerbase. And btw...the way i see it, pvp in this game is optional and kept as the personal playground of paying BiS whales. With few exceptions.

Those guys are dedicated, pursue the best gear and build every module. Every module the devs change something to create the need for them to buy soething to be BiS fast and be competitive.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    its Teamspeak and coordination as already written, may be its no exploit, but is low style, spit on fairplay and destroying the PVP/player base very fast
    base is the wrong word that implements a solid group of player , no lets say "the poor rest of player" who stick with PVP in this game
    Our definition of fun is much different than people who pay thousands of dollars on a video game. Killing pugs is a sport. Much the same as in RL, the strong feed on the weak.
  • shillaenshillaen Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    This is not about keeping BiS players out... but a request to premades to keep it to 5 per side instead of 10 vs pug. That is some <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> there.

I wonder if they do it because it is easy... and they don't want a challenge. Because clearly you will never be facing 2 5-man premades when you enter as 2 5-man premades. I am glad that you want to exploit content that allows you to faceroll all over it like you did in M3, 4 & 5... but as I said before... eventually you will be fighting air.

No one wants to play the team of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, by choice. So if we all know that we will be facing a team of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>... guess what... we wont enter. Then you can play with yourselves... lol.

yes its not about BiS players,....as drkbodhi said....
    its about premade BiS pvp guild..dominating.. ..pvp in NW become so dull...its fun for them...not for us,...
    the pvp its always and only one sided...it is for them,...until the dev kindly hear us,...fix and change the pvp system.
    im not talking about class balancing,...its all about "the broken matchmaking pvp.,..."
    Another option would be completely remove the option to party for PvP. That would make the queues pop faster... and much much more.

hahah, i think this cant do my friend,...its too extreme lol....
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    pando83 wrote: »
    The pugstomping guys are also players who donate a lot. No way cryptic will totally upset them.

Yep, this is my experience too. When i reported some of them using exploits, they were not even touched. So i stopped reporting. Useless. Nobody at the company cares, as long as they bring the money.

But i can't repeat it enough, Cryptic's logic is wrong, more little happy PVPers/customers would actually bring more income, than only a chosen few, not to mention, that some of those chosen few never spent a dime on the game, still they ruin the fun for lots of other players. Call it a bad company strategy, cause what will Cryptic do, when all the favored PUGstompers depopulate PVP nearly entirely in the game? I bet that these PUGstompers will leave, cause it's very boring for them to fight eachother and that would require actual skill too, not just an easy roll over.

This week on a night Andy came down and asked in Legit Channel our opinions about NCL, well most of us said the same things, we write here, namely that premades and PUGs need to be seperated for next season, if NCL wants to stand a chance in long term.

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    edited: wrong topic...
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Another option would be completely remove the option to party for PvP. That would make the queues pop faster... and much much more.

The outcry from pvp guilds would be massive - QQ'ing coz they cannot pvp with 'friends/guildies'. As much as the vast majority of pvp'ers would like to see separate queues it just won't happen. Why? Because once again the QQ would be insane due to long queue times. The devs have said this on numerous occasions.

With regards to the OP, I have experienced the exact same thing in GG since NCL ended. GG is now the playground of premades. Every single GG match I have entered in the last week or so have had at least 5 players from one guild. It's destroying pvp for the PuGs. I have to question why they do this though. It's not for leaderboard rank as GG doesn't count towards it. It's surely not for glory because what are they going to buy? They are BiS already. They are not doing it for the challenge because they more than likely outgear the entire enemy team. So what then besides stroking their massive egos?

If the devs won't change things for the better it has to be up to the community to make that conscious decision, but what we are seeing in pvp atm is human nature pure and simple.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    if they at least fix broken gear stuff, it should be easier to face these premades

sad none of them is active on this forum to give us at least insight, how they enjoy playing, what their plan is. seems to me that they create big guild with every possible bonus that can be gained from strongholds asap. then what?

if anybody from cryptic read this, there is not enough pvpers to have premades and not lopsided matches both, you need to cut premade off, otherwise there will be no pvp. and fix that broken stuff finally, fey negation, will it be fixed this year or next?

or made ncl preview permanent as basic band aid to nowadays misery

• drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    Maybe I should have used the sarcasm font for that comment about removing the ability to party up for PvP... but sometimes I like to stir <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • sigreid3sigreid3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I PVP on occasion, but not that often. I have to say I think this problem is overblown. I find that I'm on a winning PUG about half the time. What frustrates me is when my teammates decide "we haven't got a chance" 30 seconds into the match and just quit. I've seen a lot of fights turn around as the team gets into a rhythm as long as people don't quit.
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    But it's so fuc*ing difficult to match IL people? Just match people with a threshold of max 200 IL and make those 3k queue forever or premade.
    I don't really understand the difficulty on implementing this simple feature.
    the difficulty has been mentioned, finding 5 ppl around ur team's ilvl used to result in a 30-60mins wait before u get a pop to enter pvp and ppl simply quit queuing.... would u like to queue 30-60 for every game? most of the ppl dont...
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    icyphish wrote: »
    the difficulty has been mentioned, finding 5 ppl around ur team's ilvl used to result in a 30-60mins wait before u get a pop to enter pvp and ppl simply quit queuing.... would u like to queue 30-60 for every game? most of the ppl dont...

Its kind of a chicken and egg problem. The pool is too small so you can't have too many restrictions and the pool is small because there haven't been any restrictions forever so people avoid it. And it was elo not item level I believe.
    Its kind of a chicken and egg problem. The pool is too small so you can't have too many restrictions and the pool is small because there haven't been any restrictions forever so people avoid it. And it was elo not item level I believe.

As I have said before... the sig and the words... spot on.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    SYNERGY Alliance
    Ah i love it, only Black Lotus premades in GG PVP, but no oh lol it can't be manipluated to q together. What a joke.

So PVP dead, thx i had enough, disguting. PVE has zero content to do and not even worth it. As long as 1 key is 5k and the salvage is 3k and you need to find a decent team and have the pateince to wait for long minutes for q to pop up and by the time i gather my seals the new content makes everything obsolete again.

Sorry to say, but game is currently a disaster.

Stronghold coming with nearly zero PVE content, no dungeons, no skirmishes, nothing and with this utterly broken PVP system. I predict an EPIC FAIL again.

Can only congratulate Cryptic management foor so much tactical and strategic know how. LOL
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    Ah i love it, only Black Lotus premades in GG PVP, but no oh lol it can't be manipluated to q together. What a joke.

So PVP dead, thx i had enough, disguting. PVE has zero content to do and not even worth it. As long as 1 key is 5k and the salvage is 3k and you need to find a decent team and have the pateince to wait for long minutes for q to pop up and by the time i gather my seals the new content makes everything obsolete again.

Sorry to say, but game is currently a disaster.

Stronghold coming with nearly zero PVE content, no dungeons, no skirmishes, nothing and with this utterly broken PVP system. I predict an EPIC FAIL again.

Can only congratulate Cryptic management foor so much tactical and strategic know how. LOL

agree i fear that strongholds pvp will be the same disaster as iwd pvp

vinceent1 wrote: »
    agree i fear that strongholds pvp will be the same disaster as iwd pvp

SH PvP is a PvP guild's wet dream. Not because they get to stomp pugs... but because now they don't have to make a premade... all SH PvP is premade based... unless they allow the merc system to be part of it. It is voluntary as well...
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    edited July 2015
    I for myself will never take part in that bad joke of Strongholds PVP, unless Cryptic fixes the entire screwed and exploited PVP system, which we all know is not in the plan for Strongholds and i doubt if it ever will be, those guilds have a strong grip around Cryptic and later Mods actually all show, that the suits at Cryptic only try to favor this 1% of game population.

My fear is even deeper, if they implement the feature, that the other side will be able to loot all or some of our- with hard work gathered- resources.

In my head i already focus on Underdark, maybe maybe ...

Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

My fear is even deeper, if they implement the feature, that the other side will be able to loot all or some of our- with hard work gathered- resources.

In my head i already focus on Underdark, maybe maybe ...

That... will never happen. If you are in preview you will know the extent of the PvE... which is tons. It is such that the amount of time and effort put into building the SH... and the fact that there would be no access for them since it is on a different map altogether. There is nothing to loot... PERIOD.

I am not sure if they are planning on allowing other non guild players to enter, while in a party, someone else's SH map. That, tight there would be a great way for all of the single-member guilds to help each other.

I have told you all this before... I am not a mathematical genius, but I am a genius... lol.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User

Everyone knows you can sync queues on teamspeak. How do you think inhouses are done. But if you do that for gg you will most likely end up against each other. So when people say you can't sync queues for gg they are right in saying the system won't put you on the same team.
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    edited July 2015
    Everyone knows you can sync queues on teamspeak. How do you think inhouses are done. But if you do that for gg you will most likely end up against each other. So when people say you can't sync queues for gg they are right in saying the system won't put you on the same team.

If that is the case... how is it that I have been opposed by a team of 2 premades... one from Midnight Express and the other a mix of Daybreak and Afternoon Express. No one call tell me that this has not only been uncovered, but managed over and over again.

If it was like you said... then my team of 10 solos would have consisted of one party being mixed with a group from ME and the other party mixed with the DE/AE group.

Just like the premade group I fought from Black Turtle Gaming that swore up and down that they were grouped randomly because they all entered as solos. I am not saying you are full of <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I am saying loopholes have been found where none existed before... ALL THE TIME IN THIS GAME. Once found it will be exploited if it gives them what they want.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    If that happened it was chance. It's not something that can be done on purpose. And Black Turtle Gaming does lots of premades, they have no reason to lie about that. So if they said they solo queued then I would believe they did.
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    edited July 2015
    Yeah the Expresses are a very good example, all their branches at same time, a big LOL. And of course there is no hole in the system. LOL again.

Actually after so many play days in this game, we all have a picture, which premade guilds co-operate with each other closely.

Another example, a few nights ago i tried to get some fun (ok, i am an old idiot) and exactly the same premades from the same 2 pvp guilds for more than an hour. Nobody will tell me, that this is only by "luck". (i am not that old lol)
    Robert E. Lee

Winston Churchill

David Icke

If that happened it was chance. It's not something that can be done on purpose. And Black Turtle Gaming does lots of premades, they have no reason to lie about that. So if they said they solo queued then I would believe they did.

They may have entered solo... and synced the matches up... as you said is very easy to do. That still makes a premade.

The chances, that you are talking about, are so high that it would not be figured out by me. Say 100 people enter the queue within 10 minutes... conservatively speaking... 10 matches would be created out of those 100 people. The chances for ALL 5 members to be from the same guild... and all in the top 40 for their class... and considering that I am sure they were lying to makes us feel better about them... are astronomical at best.

5 people from the same guild, out of 100 people entered... it boggles my mind and I would say that it is up there with my clothes being folded in the dryer... before I take them out. It could happen, BUUUUUT....
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
    macjae wrote: »
    Of course, pursuing activities like this in order to stomp random, low-geared and inexperienced pugs on the other team is a very, very low thing to do.
    Indeed very low, and I know at least that I have never seen it attempted. I think it would be nice though to be able to queue in with your whole guild to farm the 1000 NPCs. The nice thing about GG is the lack of leavers penalty
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    Indeed very low, and I know at least that I have never seen it attempted. I think it would be nice though to be able to queue in with your whole guild to farm the 1000 NPCs. The nice thing about GG is the lack of leavers penalty

Now this is something I would do... I have 843 more to kill... <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I may get my BI Shaping to 5 before I hit that number... lol.
    ez0sf4K.png
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User

The chances, that you are talking about, are so high that it would not be figured out by me. Say 100 people enter the queue within 10 minutes... conservatively speaking...

I wish there were a 100 people queuing for PvP within ten minutes... that would create almost instant queue pops, I wouldn't be seeing the same players over again as often, and the developers would have the numbers to create a separate premade queue.

It seems really absurd to me for people to complain about other players queuing together because it's fun, because they're friends, because they're in the same guild, because they don't want to deal with dumb pugs, etc., when that's perfectly within the parameters of the game, and they could do the same. If they choose not to, that's fine. But I find it ridiculous to come to the forums complaining about players playing together in an MMORPG.

Again, the problem isn't that the game lets people play in groups, but that PvP is so heavily gear dependent in a P2W game, and can't support a separate queue system. Changes that affect THOSE parts of the game would actually improve the game, NOT preventing players from grouping together or whatever solution that hasn't actually been proposed in this thread.
  • readytoredrumreadytoredrum Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 65 Arc User
    Yeah I agree
    ───────────
    Red
    Cafè CrêpeControl Wizard
This discussion has been closed.