test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Unable to connect to Patch Server

zelfironzelfiron Member Posts: 37 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
So I know that this topic has been through and through already but this problem has just surfaced for me. I have done a completely fresh install of my operating system. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit. I downloaded Arc, Installed Neverwinter through Arc and hit launch. Upon hitting launch the Cryptic Autoupdater popped up in the top left corner of my screen, attempted to connect five time then times out. Then i get an error stating that I cant connect to the patch server yadda yadda yadda. Ive flushed dns and all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, reinstalled, checked firewall. Ive done basically everything ive seen in the forums and any other site that i could find the issue on to no avail. Ive played the game before I did the reinstall so I know my system can manage it. So if you have a fix or a workaround that would be great.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zelfiron: Control Wizard
Siana: Trickster Rogue
Andromeda: Devoted Cleric
Death Strike: Guardian Fighter
Blind Fury: Great Weapon Fighter
Phantom Reaper: Hunter Ranger (To be Changed to Huntress when I figure out how to)
Helena: Oathbound Paladin
Bad Juju: Scourge Warlock
Post edited by zelfiron on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Did you right click Neverwinter and select "Run as Administrator?"

If you can't connect to the patch server, unless the server is down which is doubtful, it is all but guaranteed to be a permissions issue. Make sure you only have one firewall as well. It is not uncommon for people to accidentally have two firewalls enabled at the same time.
  • zelfironzelfiron Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Yes ive done so multiple times all to no avail. As for the firewall the only one i have up is the default windows firewall. And Cryptic Game Launcher is enabled through it. Have my ports forwarded in the router. As far as I can tell all permissions are a go. Ive done my windows update so that cant be the problem :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Phantom Reaper: Hunter Ranger (To be Changed to Huntress when I figure out how to)
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Are you sure that your anti-virus prgram does not have a firewall as well?

You can also try to ping the patchserver using cmd.exe. If it is able to receive results then it is a permissions error somewhere.

Hard part about giving tech advice over the web is that unfortunately I can't browse your computer software myself and have to rely on the information you provide.

If the patch server was down the forums would be blowing up which means the issue is your computer being able to communicate with it. However this would mean it is either a routing issue, computer access level issue or a firewall issue and you claim to have checked all three. :-\
    edited June 2015
    Ok ive checked to see if i could ping the patch server >> 208.95.185.41 << and I see that 4 packets total were sent and recieved with 0 loss. So that doesnt seem to be the problem. However I dont know what other permissions i should check :/ ive disabled my anti virus, ive disabled the firewall and yet it still refuses to connect. Thing is this is the same setup i used before the fresh install. Only difference is the modem and i set up the port forwarding (Unless that was done wrong)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2015
    Do you guys have some sort of manual patch I could do? Like a download that could probably bypass initial patching? Or is there any chance I could do a screen share and have someone verify everything themselves?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • roronoa08roronoa08 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I'm going through the same problem. But it worked just fine a couple of days ago. I didn't change any of the programs or firewall config or permissions after then. Now it's not connecting. For me it's like one day it doesn't connect, the next day it does. Then the next day it doesn't connect again. And also I can't access the neverwinter gateway whenever even I can't connect to the patch server using the launcher. I've tried replacing the neverwinter.exe file, flushed dns, completely disabling the antivirus along with the windows firewall. Nothing happens. And I came across few articles about this same problem, and this problem has been here since 2013. Still can't find any useful fix.
  • ontrix1ontrix1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    I am having the same issue. I have rebooted my machine, I can ping the server but cannot log in via ARC or straight exe.

I have never had this issue before. Help? I want to play in the anniversary.
  • atriaratriar Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Same issue here. I was playing the game, i have got a DC in the middle of a fight and since then i can not reach neither the GateWay nor the patch server on the start up. Nothing happen. The funny thing is my ARC client and even this forum is working fine only the game and the gateway has died comepletly.
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    Me and my felow guild mates got DC during some Heroic encounter after this we cant reach neither the GateWay nor the patch server on the start up. Nothing happen.

I try it from different comp different internet acces and nothing still cant reach gateway !!!

This isnt a single issue more and more ppl have this problem.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Well, it was working fine for a while, and i tried logging onto another character, and now i can't even get the NWO game launcher to start.

Another patch/downtime for the server, or what is going on here now?
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    Update: now two european guild got DC and cannot log in with the same issue .

I wonder if this is a european issue?
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, would be nice to get some feedback about this issue.
    Something about how long it will take, before we can log into the game again - event time is ticking away...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • donaldlkdonaldlk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    i got unable to connect to patch server ( mine first time ) its the server down or its just me?
  • premtittiepremtittie Member Posts: 2
    I'm getting unable to connect patch server on the first time too, any help?
  • ellellelleellellelle Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm getting it now. I've never gotten it before today, and I've only just began to try to log in. It tries connecting 5 times then it tells me it is unable to establish a connection to the patch server. It tells me to check my internet connection (which is obviously fine). Then it tells me to contact Technical Support..

I'm also wondering if this is an EU issue as the lag yesterday in Well of Dragons made the game actually unplayable. Some players reported no lag, however, which makes no sense to me.
  • donaldlkdonaldlk Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    arc dont answer ?
  • inggrainggra Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same problem, trying to update launcher and after the 5 times disconnect
  • ayemanayeman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    same here, since 3 days
  • quspivquspiv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,087 Arc User
    Same here, since today. I got dc when servers went off and now im getting this weird error. Never had a problem before with it.
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    Same problem here, first time that happen, just tryed to login but after 5 attemp th lancher give error
  • erynloreerynlore Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    This is bizarre, I have trying to load and I keep getting "unable to establish a connection to the patch server" ..thoughts?
  • malassmudgermalassmudger Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    same issue i am a daily player whats going on over their. lloks like tht forums are starting to blow up time to check it on ur end admin please.
  • baronetiibaronetii Member Posts: 1
    Same problem since yesterday; before everything worked fine and I changed nothing; tried from my laptop also and the same Problem there.
  • sakonemasakonema Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thursdays are usually patch days, servers go down and mostly never come back when scheduled to.
    Excuses Updates can be found on Twitter
    twitter.com/neverwintergame
  • roronoa08roronoa08 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I had the same problem. Then i tried playing the game with different ISP and it worked so well. So i guess this is just a problem with ISP getting connected with neverwinter servers. So i used proxy server and then everything's good. I'm using CyberGhost for using proxy server. Select a proxy server whose ping is good enough. Hope this helps.